Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with Cox , i dont know why people are so down on him. If utilised properly , we can get more out of him.
I think Brisbane should have added him instead of Cox. I think he's got the potential to be a decent role player who provides cameos and can do so on the biggest of stages. The problem with us is that we have had to use him as a primary target. 2018 was his best year because the way we set up was with him as a decoy leaving space behind him, so he was essentially just a cameo player until defences adjusted to our style, where he became an inadequate primary target.

Last edited:

Podcast wise I agree. On field Cox will be ruck back up for the next 2-3 years... and a very capable one in that

I don’t see Cox getting much game time. I’d think Mihocek along with Cameron being fwd/ruck are the standard selections, Krueger comes in when we choose to go with 3 talls up forward. Cox is just injury insurance for Grundy and Cameron.

I don’t see Cox getting much game time. I’d think Mihocek along with Cameron being fwd/ruck are the standard selections, Krueger comes in when we choose to go with 3 talls up forward. Cox is just injury insurance for Grundy and Cameron.

I hope every player starts with a clean slate and is selected on merit. Those who work hard in pre season get rewarded

i liked Lynch as a prospect. If he makes it then we have Witts, Ceglar and Lynch all playing AFL. Pretty impressive list and all pushed out by Grundy.

But despite the concerns around his large salary, i still think Grundy is the best one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to be a lot of players retiring due to concussion over the next few years. We've seen with ex-players, the impacts of your health long term are catastrophic.

If Nathan Murphy gets another concussion you'd also have to seriously consider does he go on.

Going to be a lot of players retiring due to concussion over the next few years. We've seen with ex-players, the impacts of your health long term are catastrophic.

If Nathan Murphy gets another concussion you'd also have to seriously consider does he go on.
I think it's inevitable that he will get another concussion. Look at cricket's Will Pucovski.

Sucks to hear. Everyone seems to love him. I saw somewhere that he's currently helping out the Hawks AFLW (or VFLW, can't recall) team in a coaching capacity. Hope he sticks around the game in a capacity like that, the footy community would be better served with more people like him

Sucks to hear. Everyone seems to love him. I saw somewhere that he's currently helping out the Hawks AFLW (or VFLW, can't recall) team in a coaching capacity. Hope he sticks around the game in a capacity like that, the footy community would be better served with more people like him

Thats the stuff i love to read , giving back to AFL at any level. One thing that miffs me , which is a completely different subject is the mentality of some of the AFLW fans who seem to see men having roles in AFLW as taking womens spots. Lynch would be the perfect role model for young women or men trying to get to the top level .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back