Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep 40 used with three uninjured players of that calibre unlucky to miss out so far is astonishing..... especially if you rule a line through Beams as basically not being a listed player all season.

The only other players not used this year are Tohill Wilson and Langdon.

Also of note we picked up no players in the rookie draft this year

Yeah, forgot about Langers. He's as likely as Murphy, Rantall and Bianco.

Yeah, forgot about Langers. He's as likely as Murphy, Rantall and Bianco.

That’s why I called them “ uninjured”. Yep four more are still a chance!!!

So we are up to 40 players and still we haven’t seen the number 35 out on the park. It’s the most pathetic “tradition” in the clubs history!!!!!

I'm really excited about this guy, in the few games I've watched of him live he really impressed me with his contested marking. Also has a bit of mongrel about him, and only 21 so plenty of development to go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May as well let him go. Cameron too.

Why do we need backup ruckman if we won't play them when Grundy has been running on fumes for 5 weeks now, and when they do play they barely spend any time in the ruck anyway?

Tricky one. Better than Cameron, but still only provided effort and nothing more. Wasn't helped by being used incorrectly (kicking it to his bloody feet and playing as a 2nd/3rd KPF), but he didn't seem a natural footballer out there.

Not sure where I stand. When JDG is fit Lynch will likely not sniff senior footy again for us. Might be dropped for Reid

Selectors not doing the players any favours this year. Keane, Atu, Broomhead, Scharenberg, Ruscoe and now maybe Lynch all getting limited opportunites to settle in to senior football . If youve got the nerve to pick somebody, you need to have the nerve to keep picking them!!

Appleby and Sier held back for too long and then got injured when they got an opportunity.

Cox left out of the side for too long despite nobody putting their hands up to keep him out.

Reid rested against the Crows when it was obvious that Grundy needed a rest... only for Reid to get injured the next week anyway.

Bottom line, I'd be all for giving Lynch another opportunity...............but only IF we want to stick to the same structure of having too many talls in the 22. Personally I'd change structure and pick Ruscoe....let Cox do the second ruckwork. Ruscoe should never have been dropped in the first place and he should have played ahead of replacements Cameron and now Lynch.

If Lynch is dropped for Cameron or Reid then we know the club has lost the plot. And its too late for the "swing Moore forward" calls.

Selectors not doing the players any favours this year. Keane, Atu, Broomhead, Scharenberg, Ruscoe and now maybe Lynch all getting limited opportunites to settle in to senior football . If youve got the nerve to pick somebody, you need to have the nerve to keep picking them!!

On balance, I agree that players need to settle in but I've got a feeling that some of the inclusions might have been made to "have a look at them" with the view of the list cutting exercise at the end of the season.

On balance, I agree that players need to settle in but I've got a feeling that some of the inclusions might have been made to "have a look at them" with the view of the list cutting exercise at the end of the season.

I highly doubt that. It’s mostly been due to injury or form of senior players that has seen these players promoted in the first place. And for one reason or another they never got the opportunity to settle in.

Mullet = 10/10
Ability as an AFL footballer = 0.5/10
Don't agree. I thought he showed something early. He moved well and got into some good positions. Tough night for talls-slippery and furious tempo. I'd give him another go if Mr. Hamstrings isn't available for his 200th comeback from injury game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back