Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Has gone past Cox now.
As pure ruck 100%. Cameron has in terms of forward-ruck too.

Also side note somewhat ironic that in Buckley's final game, the player capable of single handedly carrying our team, the player that would of been rated 22nd on our line-up arguably was the key to our performance.

(Ofcourse doesn't mean best on by any stretch, but his output certainly made us a live chance)

I was shocked to see him win so many clean hitouts today against Gawn, and early too when i thought a fresh Gawn would feats on him. I freely admit i have not had great expectations for Lynch but he did very well today.
He apparently has a big engine and if he can add some extra marking power to his game, he will be handy.
well done, young fella

I was shocked to see him win so many clean hitouts today against Gawn, and early too when i thought a fresh Gawn would feats on him. I freely admit i have not had great expectations for Lynch but he did very well today.
He apparently has a big engine and if he can add some extra marking power to his game, he will be handy.
well done, young fella
Looks like he is starting to believe and that can be the most powerful thing.

Good game from Max today going up against one of the best in the business.

So what happens now? Grundy to come back in next game and Lynch goes back to the two's?

Has he done enough today to get the attention of any would be suitors? Or another year on our list?

If so, does that mean we'll look to offload Cox at year's end?
I think Lynch has shown he can play AFL level. It’s in his best interest to speak with other clubs where he may get more opportunity at senior level because while Grundy is there, he will always be first pick.

We obviously need draft points, so hopefully he continues and his value keeps rising.

Looks like he is starting to believe and that can be the most powerful thing.
This could well be it. I had Steven King coach me as a ruck in my junior footy, and he preached faith in my jump more than anything.

Just unfortunate that I was no good!

His tap to JDG > fend off to McCreery > McCreery don’t argue > goal was just elite.

Honestly, the no1 job of the ruckman should be tap work. I know the around the ground stuff is a great asset, but felt like we always had it going our way from the middle today.

Was great today, really held his own. Hopefully gets a few more chances to show his wares, not sure where Grundy is at with his recovery at this point?

well done, young fella

buckley said that he needed to get fitter.... but that's coming from an ex-coach

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had an extremely good game like i posted elsewhere it was probably our midfields best game in 2 years against quality opposition. I can't remember the last time we have been that convincing coming out of clearances and finally winning some clean clearances. As I said its like other teams already plan for Grundy hence we haven't been success whereas with Lynch was completely different. However don't know were Lyncg can go from here at Collingwood you simply can't play just 2 straight ruckman in the same team and Grundy is clearly our number 1 ruck and we just signed him for 7 years.

Given that Grundy has 7 years, we will need Max to play like this until Grundy returns. Could be real handy on the trade table for a club who desperately needs some points for Daicos.

Keep it up Max!

His tap to JDG > fend off to McCreery > McCreery don’t argue > goal was just elite.

Honestly, the no1 job of the ruckman should be tap work. I know the around the ground stuff is a great asset, but felt like we always had it going our way from the middle today.
Best passage of play of the day.

as my zen master says to me..... one swallow doesnt make a summer... then again, it could have been sasha grey who said it...

anyway, it's one good game for maxy and he looks like he could be a decent player....but he needs more development as my zen master would say...or sasha

I’m surprised. I kept expecting Lynch to fade yesterday, to be worn down by Gawn and taken advantage of by Melbourne’s much vaunted mids. I also look at him and think - he’s not AFL. But aesthetics aren’t everything, and playing with heart and endeavour will do the job just fine in fierce games like that. Good on him. He made a major contribution to one of the most important games of Bucks’ tenure.

So you no longer think Lynch is the worst player in the AFL. Okay, fair enough.
Not really, I still think that. So what did he do that was so good? Barely noticed him on the field, if you're satisfied by that performance then you might be denial. 5 years on the list and you reckon he was good. i'm quite comfortable in predicting he will be delisted. Easily satisfied, that's your problem

Just to clear it up for you, Gawn had 19 disposals and kicked a goal, Jackson had 21 disposals and kicked 2 goals, yep, Lynch was fantastic, lol

Last edited:
I wasn’t as enamoured as others with his game because he was soundly beaten for the second week running aerially (he’s been outmarked 15-4 the past two weeks), but to go toe to toe with Gawn in the ruck and break even is as good as a win considering Grundy’s been trying for 5 years and barely come close!

Unfortunately he goes out v Fremantle so was that performance alone enough to provide leverage post season if clubs enquire about him or Grundy? The way the industry works I think it was.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back