Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to Collingwood, M-Stick!
Maximus.

Just shoves the opposing ruckman out the way, palms it down to Treloar who runs into an open goal. "Are you not entertained?!?!"

Gold.

minson is below afl standard
Wasn't he the AA ruck a few years ago?
key words there are "a few years ago"

I think the point is that, regardless of when, Will Minson - as a 199cm ruckman - was AA... Thus proving the opinion that "199cm is too small for an AFL ruck" to be incorrect.

But thus guy is a rookie who will likely spend next year learning where to stand. He won't be playing AFL any time soon.

199cm is too small for ruck. Either he grows a bit or will have to play somewhere else.

Mummy's only 197-198cm from memory, he seems to go okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max is a player I had going in my rookie draft.

have seen a lot of Max play and am pretty happy with that selection.

Big and physical presence and if you were to liken him to someone I would liken him to maybe a Shane Mumford. He is a big boy and he is aggressive. He gets involved all over the ground and he covers it pretty well. He doesnt mind mixing it up and he sems to thrive on it. Watched his two NEAFL finals late in the year and I thought he was really impressive. Was actually surprised that GWS didnt pick him up but understand they are pretty well covered in that space. Max can take a mark but he doesnt do it often enough. Actually looks powerful in the air but he drops a few of them. He has pushed forward at both u18 level and NEAFL level and been effective. Skills are good and he is reasonably mobile but he isnt an athletic demon like a Grundy.

I love it.... was probably hoping for Olango but max would have been my next hope.

looks a good rookie selection to me.

It would appear that his kicking needs some work judging on the extensive 2 minute highlight reel, but there's plenty to work with.

The Ruck for the Premiers this season stood 200cm.
Also at age 18, he may grow another couple cm.

The Deluca thread should remain on the board as a constant reminder of why it's better to be second and correct than first and wrong. Take note Robbo.
Signed Robbo's Mum.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back