Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
If all Goldsack can do is play as a defensive forward then we may as well roll the dice on Lynch. Godly is a zero threat forward, he is less of an aerial threat than Lynch and would get monstered in the ruck.

I understand all that but he is my choice.......leaning towards Madgen also but Lynch is a no for me.

I guess we will find out tomorrow because whatever the match committee chooses is what we will be going with until Moore is ready in the finals.

Last edited:
If all Goldsack can do is play as a defensive forward then we may as well roll the dice on Lynch. Godly is a zero threat forward, he is less of an aerial threat than Lynch and would get monstered in the ruck.
I'm with you. Even at his peak, Goldsack was a pretty horrible forward.

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders
Last year McLarty didn't get the nod coz we had checkers and Reid available and McLarty didn't have the tank. Right now we don't have that luxury and Lynch is one of our better runners. Well he get a gig who knows but I think it's a good option for this week. Got some tall timber in the demon's plus it can help Grundy stay fresh for longer in games and over the next few weeks plus let's him work on his forward craft with more time up forward. The team doesn't change structure from last week, it then comes a week by week proposition for him. He plays well enough then he books a game next week and so forth. If not we know what we got and we give something else a go. He is a big body at least and can provide a contest and be a target, let's see what the big boys got I reckon.

Reid was injured and Mihocek a forward? We played Oxley, Murphy and Madgen ahead of McLarty before Goldsack and Howe got back so I’m absolutely lost on the luxuries we had last year?

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Reid was injured and Mihocek a forward? We played Oxley, Murphy and Madgen ahead of McLarty before Goldsack and Howe got back so I’m absolutely lost on the luxuries we had last year?
Agree on McLarty.
Suspect when all said and done, McLarty just wasn’t good enough for the top flight level.

For his size, with all last year’s travails, and he didn’t get a game, is very telling.

Not picked up by anyone else, nice guy and all, but likely a level below.

Agree on McLarty.
Suspect when all said and done, McLarty just wasn’t good enough for the top flight level.

For his size, with all last year’s travails, and he didn’t get a game, is very telling.

Not picked up by anyone else, nice guy and all, but likely a level below.
I only saw him a couple of times, but his pace and agility were way below par.

AshW

Debutant
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Collingwood
McLarty is a pick that hurt us.

Josh Battle, Tom Stewart, Esava Ratugolea, Brennan Cox, Mitchell Lewis all drafted after him.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
McLarty is a pick that hurt us.

Josh Battle, Tom Stewart, Esava Ratugolea, Brennan Cox, Mitchell Lewis all drafted after him.
Surprised me a bit that McLarty didn’t quite get there, even being a handy type.
Very tall, strong looking.

Maybe just too nice. I heard good attitude.

So sometimes they just don’t measure up.

Thatsmyname

Plausible deniability
Apr 16, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
No 3peat (Ninth)mond Minnows
So basically Lynch is kept around on the off chance both Grundy and Cox are unavailable at the same time

DerekZoolander

Cancelled
Nov 11, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Surprised me a bit that McLarty didn’t quite get there, even being a handy type.

Maybe just too nice. I heard good

Maybe just too nice. I heard good attitude.

So sometimes they just don’t measure up.
Agree, I thought he was worth drafting but not with our 1st pick. Oh well, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 25, 2008
The Linc
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Oakland Raiders

That was my takeaway as well. He had the pace and agility of a guy Grundy’s size which left him too cumbersome for a KPD role and too small in the ruck. These things happen though and Lynch at least has the advantage of extra height and a serious engine.

Lefthanded

Premiership Player
Sep 9, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don't know where Lynch is at with his footy but suspect today's wet weather wouldn't have helped any chance he had of replacing Cox this week.

Well Cox is blind now so perhaps a mute could be on our radar next?
E70330A8-E325-4B1D-A5E7-5911B7DE17BE.png

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
One of the greatest ever lines in that movie.

When asked by the pretty lady for any last wishes before they kill him?
“I suppose a .... ‘s out of the question?”

And then the brilliant scene of Richard Pryor who is blind in the movie but is in denial, helps another blind person cross the road. Brilliant.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

I always thought his pace was fine. Did take time to wind up. No agility and the turning circle of the Titanic.

manicpie

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Does anyone have an update on Lynch? He is exactly what we need this weekend. Throw him in the forward line/ruck role and put Roughy back where he belongs.
Having seen him play on numerous occasions, he doesn't appear to be up to AFL standard and the fact that they are going Magden instead of him says it all really, however, they may have to try him this week for the reasons you suggested but I think he will be delisted at the seasons end

Remove this Banner Ad

Back