Oppo Camp Max Lynch (Traded to Hawks 2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Having seen him play on numerous occasions, he doesn't appear to be up to AFL standard and the fact that they are going Magden instead of him says it all really, however, they may have to try him this week for the reasons you suggested but I think he will be delisted at the seasons end
I think he should be kept and it would be silly to delist him now after the time they have put into him. Especially with our lack of talls. He has had a good year this year, if he can improve his forward work he can overtake Cox imo.

I think he should be kept and it would be silly to delist him now after the time they have put into him. Especially with our lack of talls. He has had a good year this year, if he can improve his forward work he can overtake Cox imo.
Fair enough, but if he doesn't get a game this week then the writing might be on the wall

According to the rumours he'll be rucking in tandem with O'Brien :D

Geez some people are impatient.

From someone who only took up football a couple years back, and ruckmen do take longer to develop; I'd think he is coming along well. 10x better than 12 months ago. And The boy is only 20 years old. Give him time lol

Geez some people are impatient.

From someone who only took up football a couple years back, and ruckmen do take longer to develop; I'd think he is coming along well. 10x better than 12 months ago. And The boy is only 20 years old. Give him time lol
He couldn't have taken up footy a couple of years back as this is his 3rd year at the club, hope he makes it but from what I've seen he won't, but then again I am no expert

How do you think we’ll pick up a better backup ruckman in the off season?
Firstly, he is not a back up Ruckman because he hasn't played a game, we need a backup Ruckman now and he is not being selected, there will be other options at seasons end, the only thing I can say is that we better hope Grundy doesn't get injured because this bloke has Richards written all over him

He couldn't have taken up footy a couple of years back as this is his 3rd year at the club, hope he makes it but from what I've seen he won't, but then again I am no expert
Obviously I was talking about before he was drafted...

But he has been a late comer, as he came from soccer. He never played as a kid or junior. Only began about 3 years before he was drafted. For a ruckman, that's so raw. You need to give them time.
I go to most games, and he has improved leaps and bounds over 2018, and to me, that's optimistic and positive going forward. There is a lot of upside. I'm not willing to write him off because he isn't dominating at 20 years old and only 3 years in the AFL system.

Firstly, he is not a back up Ruckman because he hasn't played a game, we need a backup Ruckman now and he is not being selected, there will be other options at seasons end, the only thing I can say is that we better hope Grundy doesn't get injured because this bloke has Richards written all over him

Hopefully he doesn’t have ‘Jonathan Ceglar’ written all over him ...

... we delist him, and he gets promptly snapped up by the best team in the competition over the last six years, and goes on to play a very handy 74+ games.

Hopefully he doesn’t have ‘Jonathan Ceglar’ written all over him ...

... we delist him, and he gets promptly snapped up by the best team in the competition over the last six years, and goes on to play a very handy 74+ games.
I'm not hoping he gets delisted, I'm just saying that to me he doesn't appear to be good enoughbut as I said, I am not an expert, it's just an observation

Please be specific about why you hold such optimism about him.
Have you watched him closely in the VFL?
Very keen to hear your thoughts as most here don’t rate him.

Isn't his tank a point of difference?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he is pretty banged up at the moment also Jen2310.......I agree with you I think he will make it.

He has improved every year.....that is all you can ask for.

I think he is pretty banged up at the moment also Jen2310.......I agree with you I think he will make it.

He has improved every year.....that is all you can ask for.
Another pre-season will help, but he is physically bigger than last year. He is gaining more confidence. Can kick goals (accuracy will improve) and has a pair of marking hands that are a beauty.
Is not costing much. Getting rid of him would be pointless.

Another pre-season will help, but he is physically bigger than last year. He is gaining more confidence. Can kick goals (accuracy will improve) and has a pair of marking hands that are a beauty.
Is not costing much. Getting rid of him would be pointless.
Unless he is no good as a lot of people believe, I have never seen him kick goals except for last year when he kicked 2 in a game and as for keeping him because he doesn't cost much well that is whats called a list clogger, we will have to agree to disagree, I hope he does make it but I just don't think they will persist with him

Now that he has the body, I think they'll work on speed and power with young Max all summer long.
I think he'll resume preseason a much faster athlete. He's got the tank, now he needs the power.

Unless he is no good as a lot of people believe, I have never seen him kick goals except for last year when he kicked 2 in a game and as for keeping him because he doesn't cost much well that is whats called a list clogger, we will have to agree to disagree, I hope he does make it but I just don't think they will persist with him
No reason they won't persist with him. Especially when he has been improving year on year. Listed as an emergency a few times, so he is obviously getting closer.
So if a player doesn't debut in 3 years, we should just get rid of them? Sounds very pessimistic.

Like I said, he was always going to take time to develop. Was very raw from the beginning. So I like to think we'll have faith in him.
Has kicked 5.7 goals this season. Probably should have been more, and that from a ruckman, is not terrible. Only a handful of times this season has he not been in the position to score.

Now that he has the body, I think they'll work on speed and power with young Max all summer long.
I think he'll resume preseason a much faster athlete. He's got the tank, now he needs the power.
He is a pretty good athlete. Has been within the top few in the time trials in pre-season. For a big boy, its impressive. Another pre-season will only enhance that.

Having seen him play on numerous occasions, he doesn't appear to be up to AFL standard and the fact that they are going Magden instead of him says it all really, however, they may have to try him this week for the reasons you suggested but I think he will be delisted at the seasons end

Actually, they went for Roughy instead of him, unless you're proposing that Lynch plays back. Roughy is a premiership ruckman so it's a logical pecking order.

A lot? How many of them have actually seen him play across his 3 seasons at the club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back