Multiplat Max Payne 3

Remove this Banner Ad

YES! YES!! YES!!!

Source: http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=60990
MAX PAYNE 3 ANNOUNCED!
Max Payne 3, developed by Rockstar Vancouver, tells the story of a retired police detective embroiled in a world of corruption, turmoil and intense violence.

max_payne_3_logo.jpg
The award-winning Max Payne franchise put players in the role of Max Payne, a hard-boiled New York City detective with a penchant for violence, out to avenge the death of his family. The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love, while moving the story of Max in a new direction.

"We’re starting a new chapter of Max's life with this game," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "This is Max as we’ve never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever. We experience the downward spiral of his life after the events of Max Payne 2 and witness his last chance for salvation."

Since leaving the NYPD and New York itself behind, Max has drifted from bad to worse. Double-crossed and a long way from home, Max is now trapped in a city full of violence and bloodshed, using his weapons and instincts in a desperate search for the truth and a way out.

Max Payne 3 will be available in winter 2009 for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC.

Re: Max Payne 3 ANNOUNCED!!!

people can laugh at me if they want, but max payne (imo) was the greatest video game ever. loved max payne 2 of course too. but 1 broke ground. and 3 therefore is great news.

btw, HATED the movie.
****ING AWESOME GAMES!!!

For mine not the greatest ever, but they were absolutely brilliant.

Can't wait for the info to start rolling on this, hopefully all starts with GDC.

As for the movie, well first half=Boring, second half=Alright action movie.

yeah it's a big call "greatest", i should change that to "my all-time favorite".

and it's interesting they say they're gonna take the game down a different direction. so will be keeping on eye on this thread for more details.

the movie totally sucked imo....too much about action, and not enough thriller/suspense, like the games' storyboard feel, and his devling into madness with all those twilight zone type levels in the game. could've been a really good movie if done with a hint of cartoon storyboard like sin city and even the number 23 used.

yeah it's a big call "greatest", i should change that to "my all-time favorite".
LOL, yeah, all-time favourite does sound better.

They were brilliant games, Max Payne 1 would probably be in or around my Top 20 of all-time.
and it's interesting they say they're gonna take the game down a different direction. so will be keeping on eye on this thread for more details.
Will be keeping it as up to date as possible(And it should come thick and fast considering the release date of US Winter, our Summer 2009).

I take the different direction thing as maybe being the gameplay path more than the story, as the actual mechanics would probably be a little out-dated now(With so many other games having used the same features, ie: bullet-time, comic/storyboard type stroy progression, etc.)
the movie totally sucked imo....too much about action, and not enough thriller/suspense, like the games' storyboard feel, and his devling into madness with all those twilight zone type levels in the game. could've been a really good movie if done with a hint of cartoon storyboard like sin city and even the number 23 used.
Yeah, went the opposite way of the game, probably tried to break itself away too much.

Could've been done brilliantly as a movie, wouldn't have been THAT hard to do either.

And it should come thick and fast considering the release date of US Winter, our Summer 2009.

That's the best part of the good news...wont take too long to develop/release and start seeing some screenshots and gameplay snippets.

I take the different direction thing as maybe being the gameplay path more than the story, as the actual mechanics would probably be a little out-dated now(With so many other games having used the same features, ie: bullet-time, comic/storyboard type stroy progression, etc.)

Sounds like the story is going down a different direction, with quotes like this...

---"moving the story of Max in a new direction."

---"We’re starting a new chapter of Max's life."

---"This is Max as we’ve never seen him before."

etc.

And it seems the gameplay aint changing too much??

---"The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love."

But hopefully the gameplay itself gets upgraded, some MORE stuff, more interactivity or something.

Sounds like the story is going down a different direction, with quotes like this...

---"moving the story of Max in a new direction."

---"We’re starting a new chapter of Max's life."

---"This is Max as we’ve never seen him before."

etc.
Yeah, thinking about it too, with the ending of Max Payne 2 you wouldn't expect much different.

And it seems the gameplay aint changing too much??

---"The latest installment delivers more of the classic elements and hyper-intense action that fans have come to love."

But hopefully the gameplay itself gets upgraded, some MORE stuff, more interactivity or something.
I was talking more about the gameplay features, no doubt the core gameplay will stay true, but they would want to add a few more features to the gameplay, otherwise it might seem a bit stale.

I was talking more about the gameplay features, no doubt the core gameplay will stay true, but they would want to add a few more features to the gameplay, otherwise it might seem a bit stale.

Definitely! Would think/hope so anyway. Surely. But these are the little details that your thread will reveal in time, so i'll have an ear to the ground!

Definitely! Would think/hope so anyway. Surely. But these are the little details that your thread will reveal in time, so i'll have an ear to the ground!
Here is one thing, the first look at Max Payne himself! You can certainly see the 'different direction'!
mp3_poster-1.jpg

Beating a dead horse.

Will never recapture the brilliance of MP1, I'd much rather see Rockstar create a new IP rather than just adding another number onto a game.

HBK619...
hmm, it's kinda like a solid snake take. interesting, but hopefully doesnt try to replicate that.

Invigoration...
you do have a good point. MP1 was like a special unparralleled game, sequel-less type of concept/experience. but it's a tough call to totally abandon that IP cos it's such a cool character and world. also the whole next-gen upgrade is worth another round at least. i'd probably say that's why they're doing it and that (imo) this will be the last and closing chapter on it....and they'll go a new IP afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Max, my cousin! Let's go bowling!
There's a little bit of Niko there, then again it's only a drawing, the key thing to the whole picture is how much he has aged, Max Payne was fairly young to start with, now he looks a good 35-40 or so years old.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back