Maxi and Yakker's Fishing Hole!

Remove this Banner Ad

Helloooooo Mrs Yak!

That all looks like a very delightful set up. Kinda like glamping, but better.

I hope you and your family have a very happy Christmas. Look out for snakes!
And to you too mate, here’s hoping you catch plenty and enjoy some down time.

:)

Fishing and camping trip starts tomorrow. If the boy doesn't catch a fish I've promised to take him too the trout farm
If he doesn't catch a fish with you you can send him over here for lessons

Will do, far too many unsuccessful attempts has left him disinterested in fishing.

Land based fishing is a game of patience, Not good for an 8 year old
Eight. I was going to ask.

It should be possible to get someone to distract or remove him, stick one you’ve caught that’s still kicking on his line while he isn’t looking, say nothing but just hand his rod back to him, act.

I do actually feel sorry for the poor fishy in this dastardly scenario, but it’s for a good cause...

Will do, far too many unsuccessful attempts has left him disinterested in fishing.

Land based fishing is a game of patience, Not good for an 8 year old

Whenever I took kids fishing, I always made sure I took extra bags of hooks and sinkers as the inevitable winding up their line every 20 seconds resulted in a snag every other minute

Whenever I took kids fishing, I always made sure I took extra bags of hooks and sinkers as the inevitable winding up their line every 20 seconds resulted in a snag every other minute
I got him started using lures and he loved it, bur I got sick of untangling his line, and losing all my good lures. So we went the more traditional route the last few times and his interest dropped quick,

I got him started using lures and he loved it, bur I got sick of untangling his line, and losing all my good lures. So we went the more traditional route the last few times and his interest dropped quick,

You fish in a carp area? A bobble float and bread or bread dough for bait. Kids love watching the float get pulled around, plus carp are an easy catch

You fish in a carp area? A bobble float and bread or bread dough for bait. Kids love watching the float get pulled around, plus carp are an easy catch
Sometimes but the river carp are wily and fight like hell. Lately I've resorted to using just bread and a hook but the buggers still see the line floating on the water

Sometimes but the river carp are wily and fight like hell. Lately I've resorted to using just bread and a hook but the buggers still see the line floating on the water

These are European carp we are talking about? :think: Times must have changed them....they used to fight themselves to get caught on my line when I used to fish down south

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a kid, about 9, my stepfather let me catch 36 little carp with a willow branch as a makeshift fishing rod. I had them swimming around in a bucket and when I told him I'd had enough and was going to put them back in the river, he told me I had to kill them all. My step father taught me lots of things, but compassion wasn't one of them :'(

As a kid, about 9, my stepfather let me catch 36 little carp with a willow branch as a makeshift fishing rod. I had them swimming around in a bucket and when I told him I'd had enough and was going to put them back in the river, he told me I had to kill them all. My step father taught me lots of things, but compassion wasn't one of them :'(

Willow branches made good switches too...

Mrs Yakker and I enjoyed some muddies when we were up north. Got 5 nice bucks in 2 days.

Here she is enjoying some after too many beers :p

1546420705357.jpeg

Mrs Yakker and I enjoyed some muddies when we were up north. Got 5 nice bucks in 2 days.

Here she is enjoying some after too many beers :p

View attachment 600718
The thing I like the best about this photo is the newspaper tablecloth.... the perfect accessory for a feed of crabs :)

What's with the half hat Yakker? FFS, educate that woman!

The thing I like the best about this photo is the newspaper tablecloth.... the perfect accessory for a feed of crabs :)
We bought it specifically for that purpose hahahahahaaa

Reckon your shack might get a drop or two of rain in the coming days, Penny might drop south

Yeah, at the very least we expect the tanks to get filled :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back