Maxi and Yakker's Fishing Hole!

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you do the charter yet Yakker?
cancelled due to bad weather :(

Thats 6 times in a row now. I am booked on again for the 23rd Feb. Fingers crossed

I've missed my fishing buddies. Just sayin.

Sorting through this shizzle at the moment in preparation for an adventure tomorrow!

DSC_4326.JPG

Tuna time?
Unfortunately not. Whiting and squid. Maybe snapper if it's calm out deep. It's been a long work week for Maxi... I'd be happy casting off a rock to be honest.

Unfortunately not. Whiting and squid. Maybe snapper if it's calm out deep. It's been a long work week for Maxi... I'd be happy casting off a rock to be honest.

My lady and I are headed up to our block of land this weekend. Will do some snorkelling along the headland and may even flick a lure or two about. Counting down the days to our 7 day offshore charter. Have been spending a small fortune getting all the gear together. Life is tough :D

My lady and I are headed up to our block of land this weekend. Will do some snorkelling along the headland and may even flick a lure or two about. Counting down the days to our 7 day offshore charter. Have been spending a small fortune getting all the gear together. Life is tough :D
Both adventures sound amazing!

DSC_4349.JPG
A couple of fillets for my freezer

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wasn’t gonna sit around and let this crap weather get the better of me so I stuck the yak on the Ute and hit the water to fish the incoming tide up close to the mangroves which gave a bit of protection from the wind. Scored about 8 flatties including 3 quality keepers. Wasn’t the most pleasant day on the water but at least I got out

28FAF2CE-C4CC-417B-A0B4-DD1AA4480108.jpeg

I slipped out on Saturday in the kayak again and got my bag limit of flatties. Ranging in size from 45cm to 55cm.
Nice work :thumbsu:
I've been on night shift for nearly two weeks, so no fishing for me lately :(
On the bright side though I've ordered that Terez fishing rod you suggested Yakker, along with a Stradic reel and they're gonna put braid on it for me. All I need now is a day off.

Nice work :thumbsu:
I've been on night shift for nearly two weeks, so no fishing for me lately :(
On the bright side though I've ordered that Terez fishing rod you suggested Yakker, along with a Stradic reel and they're gonna put braid on it for me. All I need now is a day off.

Sweeeeeet!!! Did you get the 15-25lb Terez? What reel size?

Sweeeeeet!!! Did you get the 15-25lb Terez? What reel size?
Yep, 7'2"' in white, with the black grip. And a 2500 reel which they're gonna put some white braid on. I can't remember the model of the Stradic...but it's not the red one, which I already have on another rod.

Yep, 7'2"' in white, with the black grip. And a 2500 reel which they're gonna put some white braid on. I can't remember the model of the Stradic...but it's not the red one, which I already have on another rod.
That’d be the FK I’d say. The ci4 is a bit more expensive and personally I don’t reckon worth the extra coin. The FK is a top reel. I’ve had a couple of them. You can crank down on the drag with that size reel on that rod. Enjoy it Maxxy, you’ll love it (and all that white and silver gonna look bling AF) :thumbsu:

That’d be the FK I’d say. The ci4 is a bit more expensive and personally I don’t reckon worth the extra coin. The FK is a top reel. I’ve had a couple of them. You can crank down on the drag with that size reel on that rod. Enjoy it Maxxy, you’ll love it (and all that white and silver gonna look bling AF) :thumbsu:
Yeah, it's FK. Do you think I should have put a smaller reel on? I have another rod that will suit that reel if it doesn't work out ... and, you know, any excuse to get new stuff!

Do you have any Stellas?

Yeah, it's FK. Do you think I should have put a smaller reel on? I have another rod that will suit that reel if it doesn't work out ... and, you know, any excuse to get new stuff!

Do you have any Stellas?
To be honest I would have gone with a 4000 reel. The 2500 is a bit under gunned. I hooked up to a big shark up at Hinchinbrook island with that rod and a 4000 Shimano Symetre reel. Locked the drag and put all the weight I could on that shark. Rod handled it easy. So no don’t go smaller reel go bit bigger if anything.

Stella’s, meh. If I won lotto I might but once again not worth the money for me. I’d compromise with a twin power. Same internal and specs as a Stella but less than half price. Also I like Saragossa reels too. If I had a Stella I’d be scared to use it hahhahahahaaa

To be honest I would have gone with a 4000 reel. The 2500 is a bit under gunned. I hooked up to a big shark up at Hinchinbrook island with that rod and a 4000 Shimano Symetre reel. Locked the drag and put all the weight I could on that shark. Rod handled it easy. So no don’t go smaller reel go bit bigger if anything.

Stella’s, meh. If I won lotto I might but once again not worth the money for me. I’d compromise with a twin power. Same internal and specs as a Stella but less than half price. Also I like Saragossa reels too. If I had a Stella I’d be scared to use it hahhahahahaaa
Bigger?!!

On the 15-25lb Terez, yep 😁
Erm, I think I'm having a moment Yakker :think:

I got the store to order me a rod to have a look at, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting (I think that was the 15lb).

They had a slightly lighter feeling black one already in stock with a cork grip and it was beautifully whippy. And that's the one I ordered in white ...but I didn't specifically check the weight rating.

FFS :$ Night shift has made me the flake I am.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back