Maxi and Yakker's Fishing Hole!

Remove this Banner Ad

Caught a carp late yesterday but I had three break my 12 lb leader. There were some monster carp busting the surface all day yesterday. Only thing they were interested in were scrubbies
Yeah the carp in the Murray where I fish love the worms. Hard to avoid them and find other fish as they’ll eat virtually anything.

Usually won’t touch yabby tails (Cod love them) but anything golden perch will eat carp will eat.

I’m guessing they’ll have muddied the water up a bit too.

Good to catch something regardless I reckon.

Yeah the carp in the Murray where I fish love the worms. Hard to avoid them and find other fish as they’ll eat virtually anything.

Usually won’t touch yabby tails (Cod love them) but anything golden perch will eat carp will eat.

Yeah my first fish there in 4 years and my sons first fish. It was still a good day my old man came down and stayed the night as well

Yeah my first fish there in 4 years and my sons first fish. It was still a good day my old man came down and stayed the night as well
Well that makes it bloody good regardless of the fish. Good memories to make.

Kicking any carp to the kerb is worthwhile. Each one out helps our waters.

View attachment 802410
Nice place to throw a line in. Caught a big carp 2 nights ago before the rain came. Now that it's cleared I'm expecting big things over the next few days.
My grandpa always used to say ‘the fish bite least when the wind’s in the East’, and we’ve had lots of easterly recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unhappily as well as for people, property, wildlife and stock the current fires will not be much chop for aquatic life along the food chain. Heat, ash and eventual run off from the E Gippy fires into streams and creeks may affect the health of that region's terrific river system.

These are very ordinary times.

B28AA82A-1FC5-4CC7-AE8E-EFEF85192062.jpeg
Four nice bream caught on peeled prawn with a very light running sinker all within 5 to 10 minutes of each other. Caught them this time last year at Apollo Bay in the river. Heading out for another crack in a week or so. Bream are great fun and good eating.

View attachment 805421
Four nice bream caught on peeled prawn with a very light running sinker all within 5 to 10 minutes of each other. Caught them this time last year at Apollo Bay in the river. Heading out for another crack in a week or so. Bream are great fun and good eating.
Nice haul. Bait? Lures? Plastics?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back