Maxi and Yakker's Fishing Hole!

Remove this Banner Ad

All rigged up and ready to go for the morning but I appear to have misplaced my 6 and 8lb leader so it looks like i'm fishing a 4lb leader. Going to make for interesting fishing with the sea runners on 4lb... Going to have to play it very safe. Oh well, always enjoy a challenge.

All rigged up and ready to go for the morning but I appear to have misplaced my 6 and 8lb leader so it looks like i'm fishing a 4lb leader. Going to make for interesting fishing with the sea runners on 4lb... Going to have to play it very safe. Oh well, always enjoy a challenge.
Good luck, let us know how you go

Wow those are some nice catches! Also is there a vegetarian alternative to fishing? Asking for a friend. If I go (rarely) I just toss back whatever I get. Living in North Melbourne I'm not super close to any water any way. But fishings still fun to do from time to time.

Good luck, let us know how you go

Caught my death of a cold. Was 0 degrees frosty and a bit breezy where I headed. Waded around for about an hour but the breeze was my undoing, couldn't feel my hands and my line was just blowing around in the wind. Might try again later in the day when it warms up a bit haha.

Caught my death of a cold. Was 0 degrees frosty and a bit breezy where I headed. Waded around for about an hour but the breeze was my undoing, couldn't feel my hands and my line was just blowing around in the wind. Might try again later in the day when it warms up a bit haha.
I fished in northern Utah last Feb. Freeeeezing. Icicles were freezing up the eyes on the rod. Couldn't feel my fingers.

On a happier note I did score this beauty when it did warm up :D

551340_0d9df5045d328817d6230564e707278a.jpeg

I fished in northern Utah last Feb. Freeeeezing. Icicles were freezing up the eyes on the rod. Couldn't feel my fingers.

On a happier note I did score this beauty when it did warm up :D

551340_0d9df5045d328817d6230564e707278a.jpeg

That's a cracker. The wind is meant to die down in the afternoon so I might try again later.

Pal, you took home the fish I caught last time. ;)
If you're too scared to grab it and take the hook out of its mouth, you don't keep it.

It was a stonka of a Whiting, though.

Have you tried soft plastics on jig heads? These are great and I catch way more fish on them than hard bodies. The old bushy and starlo technique of letting it sink to the bottom then flicking it up and reeling in the slack then rinse and repeat undoes many fish. Ecogear, power bait, squidgies and gulp make some great soft plastics. I like the t-tail minnows and grubs the most. Squidgies s-factor applied to a lure can help massively too.

I very rarely bait fish because I like the thrill of a hit on a lure / soft plastic. You will miss some but just make sure you hit it any time you see your line twitch. Polarised sunglasses are also a must have for me.

If I am doing a straight retrieve I typically am going medium slow and try to get a bit of depth and a few rod twitches mixed in really helps.

I'll PM you my address and let's see what we can catch!
I have heaps of fun catching Bream with hard bodies.

Used to stop off at a spot in the Canning River on the way home from work. You could go for a wander, the water never got above your knees, and flick out lures.

You could see them chasing it and latching on.

When the Trumpeters turned up, you went home.

Spiky little shits.

If you're too scared to grab it and take the hook out of its mouth, you don't keep it.

It was a stonka of a Whiting, though.
I couldn’t help that you got there first while I was reeling it up! It was a wicked whiting however.

Have to catch up for a fish when I’m over at Chrissy time, I’ll bring butthead along before his baby is born in March and he gets no time for a fish for a couple of years.

I couldn’t help that you got there first while I was reeling it up! It was a wicked whiting however.

Have to catch up for a fish when I’m over at Chrissy time, I’ll bring butthead along before his baby is born in March and he gets no time for a fish for a couple of years.
Butthead breeds?

God help us.

Tell him congrats for me.

I have heaps of fun catching Bream with hard bodies.

Used to stop off at a spot in the Canning River on the way home from work. You could go for a wander, the water never got above your knees, and flick out lures.

You could see them chasing it and latching on.

When the Trumpeters turned up, you went home.

Spiky little shits.

Bream are my favourite fish to catch. Fight so hard.

Sounds like an awesome spot.

Silver trevally are my favourite to catch. Fight like bastards. They used to be pretty common where I am but I haven't caught one in years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brilliant on light gear.

Use a Silstar 6'10" graphite flick stick with a little Penn 1000 reel.

If I'm not out wadding with lures, there is a good spot under a traffic bridge in Guildford.

Unweighted prawn tossed out next to the bridges pylons gets good results.

Brilliant on light gear.

Use a Silstar 6'10" graphite flick stick with a little Penn 1000 reel.

If I'm not out wadding with lures, there is a good spot under a traffic bridge in Guildford.

Unweighted prawn tossed out next to the bridges pylons gets good results.

Yeah 7 foot tairyo 2-4kg with a Diana aegis 1000 on my set up. Light gear fishing is my favourite :).

I've got a similar spot where the water runs under a bridge into this lagoon. When the tide turns heaps of food gets dragged out of the lagoon and the fish go crazy. Only spot I don't chuck my waders on.

Yeah 7 foot tairyo 2-4kg with a Diana aegis 1000 on my set up. Light gear fishing is my favourite :).

I've got a similar spot where the water runs under a bridge into this lagoon. When the tide turns heaps of food gets dragged out of the lagoon and the fish go crazy. Only spot I don't chuck my waders on.
River fishing for Bream using bait is how I got my kids into fishing.

From there we moved onto beach fishing for Whiting and Herring.

You call them Tommies.

I'd take them out for Dhufish and Snapper but they get seasick.

Only just managed to get to them _Cayz_, so you’ll probably have to wait for your next fishing adventure after Wednesday unless AusPost does me a solid :p.

These are the weird lures though, 80g and 100g coming your way tomorrow morning.

View attachment 557086
View attachment 557088

Interesting, I would have thought the hook would be from the tail, especially on the minnow. I imagine it's easily switchable though.

I reckon that squid one will do well off the rocks near my house - yeah I live a 3 minute walk from a viable fishing spot :D. * I love Tassie.

Interesting, I would have thought the hook would be from the tail, especially on the minnow. I imagine it's easily switchable though.

I reckon that squid one will do well off the rocks near my house - yeah I live a 3 minute walk from a viable fishing spot :D. **** I love Tassie.
This is the funny bit, that’s the same lure flipped over :p. One sides a squid, the other side is a fish! Yeah easily swap which end the hook is at.

This is the funny bit, that’s the same lure flipped over :p. One sides a squid, the other side is a fish! Yeah easily swap which end the hook is at.

I have never seen anything remotely like this before haha. I look forward to giving it a crack!

I have never seen anything remotely like this before haha. I look forward to giving it a crack!
Yeah that’s what I meant! They are such a weird lure and actually have some weight to them so you can throw them a fair distance!

Really keen to see if anything gives them a bite!

Yeah that’s what I meant! They are such a weird lure and actually have some weight to them so you can throw them a fair distance!

Really keen to see if anything gives them a bite!

Reckon the Australian salmon will have a crack down off the bluff near my house. They love a glint of silver and will be able to cast it out very far with my set up and that weight.

Might upgrade the strength of my leader a bit for that one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back