Maxi and Yakker's Fishing Hole!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon the Australian salmon will have a crack down off the bluff near my house. They love a glint of silver and will be able to cast it out very far with my set up and that weight.

Might upgrade the strength of my leader a bit for that one.
Aussie salmon off the rocks near your house.

What a life!

:p

Aussie salmon off the rocks near your house.

What a life!

:p

This is the view from my balcony :D.

13177444_10209146577598934_4701918518411887618_n.jpg

As you can see the water is very nearby... As the bay goes around to the right it's a rocky bluff where you catch a lot of different species. Have caught Barracouta, Blue Throat Wrasse, Aus Salmon, Flathead, snotty trevally and pike down there myself. Know a few people who have got onto the Kingfish and red snapper there but never been so lucky myself.

This is the view from my balcony :D.

13177444_10209146577598934_4701918518411887618_n.jpg

As you can see the water is very nearby... As the bay goes around to the right it's a rocky bluff where you catch a lot of different species. Have caught Barracouta, Blue Throat Wrasse, Aus Salmon, Flathead, snotty trevally and pike down there myself. Know a few people who have got onto the Kingfish and red snapper there but never been so lucky myself.
That’s living Barry!

I’m actually not too far from the Brisbane River where I live, not walking distance but a 10-12 minute drive.. however the Brisbane River isn’t something I would eat out of, and apart from catfish only managed to catch a few threadfin salmon and sharks.

That’s living Barry!

I’m actually not too far from the Brisbane River where I live, not walking distance but a 10-12 minute drive.. however the Brisbane River isn’t something I would eat out of, and apart from catfish only managed to catch a few threadfin salmon and sharks.

Yeah i forget i've caught a few gummies and 7 gill shark off the rocks too in the past. It's a shark sanctuary though so they aren't one to target.

I wont eat any large bottom feeders or long lived fish out of the Derwent, but anything pelagic and the occasional small bottom feeders are alright on the chew as long as you don't over do it. That said my mates dad eats everything he catches out of the Derwent and reckons the pollution talk is a load of bullshit as he's in his late 60's and perfect health... Eating them 3-4 times a week for 40 years... So who knows.

How did you get on?
I went out Sunday morning in the Kayak right on daylight. Beautiful morning but only 3 flattys caught and a decent bream. Kept the falthead and let the bream go

The swirl in the bottom photo you see was a big flathead I disturbed in about 300 mm of water.

upload_2018-9-11_7-20-39.png

upload_2018-9-11_7-21-8.png

upload_2018-9-11_7-21-41.png

Well 35km winds ruin another morning. Not going to bother wetting the line.

Maybe it will calm down later.
I have the MIL visiting this weekend so don't know if I'll get out much. Shame cos weather looks good but the tides not so much. We'll see

Yeah I’d be good for one then need a good lie down. :)
I can go about 6 of those salmon I was holding in the photo I posted ... done for all money after that.

One day, and I know i'm dreaming here, I'd love to catch a big game fish.

I don't mix in the right circles or do my tax in the right bracket to actually achieve that dream.

I can go about 6 of those salmon I was holding in the photo I posted ... done for all money after that.

One day, and I know i'm dreaming here, I'd love to catch a big game fish.

I don't mix in the right circles or do my tax in the right bracket to actually achieve that dream.
I am lucky where I live I can get onto decent sized fish now and then, most of the time it’s the humble Flathead but I do enjoy catching them on really light gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon the Australian salmon will have a crack down off the bluff near my house. They love a glint of silver and will be able to cast it out very far with my set up and that weight.

Might upgrade the strength of my leader a bit for that one.
Got a BCF gift voucher for Fathers Day.

Stocked up with some 70gr Halco Twistys for the Salmon run.

April is so far away.

anyone been out fishing? I went out for a couple of hours last weekend and snagged this little beauty on 6lb braid 8lb leader. Had to chase it down with the leccy. Weather looks crap here for the long weekend so may struggle to get out let alone catch anything :(

563588_f53016e87ca7f2d3d67a63f4f4279bca.png

anyone been out fishing? I went out for a couple of hours last weekend and snagged this little beauty on 6lb braid 8lb leader. Had to chase it down with the leccy. Weather looks crap here for the long weekend so may struggle to get out let alone catch anything :(

Nice Yak! I haven't been for a while. Had a s**t cold and currently in Melbourne. I'll have a few days home before night shift starts next Friday, so fingers crossed!

Been totally slammed at work haven't had a moment to get out.

Poppers are great fun, as you are targeting a surface feeding fish.

One of the guys who lives down here is known as "Tyenna Dave" because he consistently every season pulls a 20-30lb brown trout out of the Tyenna river.

He exclusively fishes at night and with poppers.

My friend cold smoked some Australian salmon for me (like the ones I'm holding in the photo back there :backwarrow:)

So, _Cayz_, I'm about to make a smoked fish, onion and parmesan tart. No recipe... I'm gonna wing it. Whatcha reckon?

I’ve just booked a charter for 7 days on the swains reef for next year. So excited already. How am I gonna last 8 months
What you gonna catch out there Yak?

Oh, jeez, that looks like fun. Eight months? Good luck :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back