Racing May Daily Punt- Running of the ‘Bools

Remove this Banner Ad

The Epsom Derby - racings best 3yo feature?

Unrivaled - looks an extremely open renewal which should be dominated by the lads (don't rate Telecaster).

Moore has picked Sir Dragonet but to be fair has had a shocking start to the season generally being rolled by a host of second stringers. Sir D had to be late nommed and at one stage they were talking the French Derby which to me suggests they may think he is a 2000m horse. For that reason I am going to ride with BROOME who has looked super strong late in two dominant wins in the lead up and may just prove to be the superior stayer.

Horrifically laughable decision - couldn't win an Everest if it started today.

Can only assume she is absolutely bog average without the mares drug.

A few tomorrow for me:

Caulfield R1. Craig Williams race 1 special tomorrow Zee Hoarder

Rosehill R7. Hush Writer e/w

Doomben R5. Niccanova (iluvparis you on again? )
Doomben R7. Stella Victoria back to mares grade

Doomben R8. Duchess of Lennox

Doomben R9. Kenedna

Unrivaled - looks an extremely open renewal which should be dominated by the lads (don't rate Telecaster).

Moore has picked Sir Dragonet but to be fair has had a shocking start to the season generally being rolled by a host of second stringers. Sir D had to be late nommed and at one stage they were talking the French Derby which to me suggests they may think he is a 2000m horse. For that reason I am going to ride with BROOME who has looked super strong late in two dominant wins in the lead up and may just prove to be the superior stayer.

Circus Maximus yes or no ?

Horrifically laughable decision - couldn't win an Everest if it started today.

Can only assume she is absolutely bog average without the mares drug.

Terrible decision
Spot on re:Everest

Thought was a fair chance in the Cox Plate, not now.
(At this stage 3-4 winning chances IMO)

As you said without the mares drug can’t perform

Take this with a grain of salt, but a bloke at work went to Nick Williams 50th last week and some rich dude who owns a lot of the good horses with O'Brien said that Pink Dogwood in the Oaks is their best chance by far at the Epsom Carnival.

Take this with a grain of salt, but a bloke at work went to Nick Williams 50th last week and some rich dude who owns a lot of the good horses with O'Brien said that Pink Dogwood in the Oaks is their best chance by far at the Epsom Carnival.

Will be taking with a huge grain of salt - looks poison unders at the current price for mine.

Latrobe’s baby sister so will be interesting to see how she goes.

I have Japan ante post in the derby. Problem is no horse has won from gate 11 in past 28 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Latrobe’s baby sister so will be interesting to see how she goes.

I have Japan ante post in the derby. Problem is no horse has won from gate 11 in past 28 years

Can't remember the last time I watched a classic an Epsom and thought - 'gee the gate has beaten that'

If the Derby is tough the Oaks looks impossible. Initially I liked Mehdaayiah of Gosden's who bolted in the Chester trial but Dettori has jumped on the Lingfield trial winner which is normally a weaker race (and unlike how the lads troll Moore, Gosden/Dettori normally know which one is going the best). For that reason I am going to switch over to MAQSAD who was a dominant winner of the Newmarket trial and looks a nice value price here from a slightly less fancied stable (incidently Tagrhooda comes from the same ownership and did this double easily back in 2014).

The Coronation Cup looks a match race between OLD PERSIAN and Kew Gardens for mine. They traded wins against each other as 3yos and I don't think there is that much between them so am siding with Old Persian at the better price (and the better form shown so far this year - although Kew Gardens could bounce back massively on a firmer track here).

I feel like Liefzy is the Patrick Cripps of the punting board - puts in the hard yard week after week only to be blindsided by a monstrously idiotic administration time and time again.

WA Champion fillies is a graveyard for squandered hopes by abhorrent planning and horse management basically since Miss Rose De Lago who looks to be the only one to run to their best at any future preperation in the last 5 years.

produced some big numbers for most years and all terribly managed horses.

WA Champion fillies is a graveyard for squandered hopes by abhorrent planning and horse management basically since Miss Rose De Lago who looks to be the only one to run to their best at any future preperation in the last 5 years.

produced some big numbers for most years and all terribly managed horses.

*checks last 5 years results, sees the half to Monash there* yep i get where you are coming from!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back