Racing May Daily Punt- Running of the ‘Bools

Remove this Banner Ad

They released Phar Lap horse racing challenge on PS4. I haven’t played it but It looks like there’s an identical app - Rival Stars. Free download
Won’t be winning any gaming awards but killed an hour on it today. Matty Hill calls

They released Phar Lap horse racing challenge on PS4. I haven’t played it but It looks like there’s an identical app - Rival Stars. Free download
Won’t be winning any gaming awards but killed an hour on it today. Matty Hill calls
As good as the old Melbourne Cup challenge on Ps2?
Had real courses Flemington, Caulfield, Moonee Valley, UK Ascot and Goodwood
Plus Dubai

For its time was brilliant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm running at a profit this year on the punt however I think I'm costing myself taking silly multi's and quinellas etc. Do most of you approach each card of racing with a similar strategy or does it completely depend on the day? The key to being a good punter is discipline which I am slowly working out.

I'm running at a profit this year on the punt however I think I'm costing myself taking silly multi's and quinellas etc. Do most of you approach each card of racing with a similar strategy or does it completely depend on the day? The key to being a good punter is discipline which I am slowly working out.

Best tip I learnt is to not go overboard. Just back the ones you are confident on and always have a stake plan. For example say you have $100, you might have $80 on the win and $20 on exotics, or some races might be closer to 60/40. It’s up to you but always have a stake plan and don’t go every race. It’s hard enough to win 2-3 races in a day let alone say 50 on Saturdays

Have always found quinellas very profitable and i would rather take them than bet each way on a longshot. (for example on Sat i liked the Bostonian so had $10 a win on him and Osborne Bulls was my 2nd pick so i had 10 on the quinella as well. Won 1k where as if i had !0 e/w on The bostonian i only win $600. It doesnt always work (they start running 3rd) but if OB beats the Bostonian its still a $650 pickup rather than the 80 profit for the each way bet).

As for multis. there is a reason the corp orates advertise the big wins.. cos they make an absolute fortune out of them, once you start multiplying the winners the percentage you get back is a huge discount on if you back them individually. not to mention that the horses always almost drift from betting early on multis. Multis are good for a fun bet trying to win a fortune for a few bucks. they are a mugs game if you bet seriously, You wont win.

Generally the more exotic the bet type the more unprofitable it is going to be. Each to their own but if you want to be profitable longterm my suggestion would be win only betting (same amount each selection) on maximum 5 races each Saturday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back