Racing May Daily Punt- Running of the ‘Bools

Remove this Banner Ad

3 times in a week... What did we do to deserve this?

To be fair they do it to protect the tracks over winter which I am totally fine with. From a betting perspective it is only marginally above trackside.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
so given there is a broodimare sale going on and the synthetic racing should be ignored by all in sundry., i got a hypothetical. Given a horse like Missrock sold for $2.3 mill,what price would Winx and Black Caviar fetch if they were sold today at correct market price.

for me. Winx. $5mill but i wouldnt pay more than $2mill for her
Black Caviar.. $750,000

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
so given there is a broodimare sale going on and the synthetic racing should be ignored by all in sundry., i got a hypothetical. Given a horse like Missrock sold for $2.3 mill,what price would Winx and Black Caviar fetch if they were sold today at correct market price.

for me. Winx. $5mill but i wouldnt pay more than $2mill for her
Black Caviar.. $750,000

Hard to price. $6.5mil and $10mil for mine.

Buying into the family not the mare, I know you believe in the good mares don’t produce good horses garbage but even the average producers are still a great source 1 or 2 generations later.

Helsinge is invaluable blood. Scandinavia up there too.

Mar 17, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hard to price. $6.5mil and $10mil for mine.

Buying into the family not the mare, I know you believe in the good mares don’t produce good horses garbage but even the average producers are still a great source 1 or 2 generations later.

Helsinge is invaluable blood. Scandinavia up there too.
Never thought about the generations you are right. I suppose you would want BC to produce more females for future breeding but $10 mill is a lot given what she has produced so far.
I am not actually of the belief that champs can't produce great horses, its just really hard to produce a group 1 horse and if you actually break down the stats i would bet the champs would produce good ones at the same proportion as other horses. I up my BC guess to $3 mill
I

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Never thought about the generations you are right. I suppose you would want BC to produce more females for future breeding but $10 mill is a lot given what she has produced so far.
I am not actually of the belief that champs can't produce great horses, its just really hard to produce a group 1 horse and if you actually break down the stats i would bet the champs would produce good ones at the same proportion as other horses. I up my BC guess to $3 mill
I

Champs produce greater than G1 winners who are greater than G2 who in turn greater than G3, SW, SP metro winners and so on.

It’s fairly proportional. Prices are generally determined by their background family where Cav’s is simply impeccable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back