Racing May Daily Punt: The 'Bool Monty

Remove this Banner Ad

Will any of this covidy border crossing stuff affect horse fields. Wondering whether to get on now or wait.

Pretty sure all the Vic horses are already up there.

Couple units on TT to place @ 4.80 with Sportsbet.

$7 and $2.25 at TAB in the actual market with horses taken out that definitely aren't going

With Zaaki turning up you might only need to run top 3 of 6 or 7 too

Could entertain Brandenburg @ 6s to place too.

LDDV going to have to back up from Saturday, Jack surely no chance of going there

I actually think the form behind him from the Doomben Cup will be utterly worthless (like it has been already so far in his other races and was with BC and winx a lot of the time) but would need to see the final field to find an angle (maybe Fifty Stars if right). Brandenburg barely beat Nettoyer home FFS. I'd even entertain a horse like Homesman if he ran well on Saturday.

I actually think the form behind him from the Doomben Cup will be utterly worthless (like it has been already so far in his other races and was with BC and winx a lot of the time) but would need to see the final field to find an angle (maybe Fifty Stars if right). Brandenburg barely beat Nettoyer home FFS. I'd even entertain a horse like Homesman if he ran well on Saturday.

Nettoyer and Homesman both shorter odds and 50Stars not even in the market with TAB so doubtful he end ups there. Got to have something that will be in the field first of all and Brandenburg is one of very few that has always been going there and gets a nice lead up from the Cup

Nettoyer and Homesman both shorter odds and 50Stars not even in the market with TAB so doubtful he end ups there. Got to have something that will be in the field first of all and Brandenburg is one of very few that has always been going there and gets a nice lead up from the Cup

Yeah definitely won’t be betting antepost. Don’t thing Brando will get the trip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tonight's Sandown meet usually provides a few pointers to Royal Ascot although like many of late is going to be held on soft ground

NATIONAL STAKES - NAVELLO has been up and about early as a 2yo and won by a space on a rain affected track at the Chester carnival earlier this month.
HENRY II - Normally produces a winner that comes into absolute poi poi for the Melbourne Cup (think Dashing Willoughby and Magic Circle). OCEAN WIND was second to Stradivarius in the Sagaro and was a winner on soft ground late last season at Doncaster.
BRIGADIER GERARD - SANGARIUS was second to Armory on affected ground at Chester and was a Royal Ascot winner on soft 2 years ago - would want to be winning this to prove he isn't completely gone at the game in decent company.

Zipping Day is gone from Sandown and I'm not gonna lie.

I'm pretty ******* upset.

We needed another Saturday meeting at Caulfield for the calendar though so I'm glad they filled that need.

Don't worry about character or tradition, just take the extra couple of dollars of turnover.

If your average idiot had a clue, they'd bet more at Sandown anyway.

Anyway rant over.

For now.

We needed another Saturday meeting at Caulfield for the calendar though so I'm glad they filled that need.

Don't worry about character or tradition, just take the extra couple of dollars of turnover.

Anyway rant over.

For now.

Surely the start of giving Sandown the chop completely.

Happy for them to try new things but can't see how pushing Zipping Classic day to end November will work. The only thing holding the meeting together at the moment are the internationals (who will have gone back home by then) and the horses that you managed to hold onto from the tail of the Flemington carnival (who will be in the paddock).

The meeting worked/served its function as it was in the calendar already.

Surely the start of giving Sandown the chop completely.

Happy for them to try new things but can't see how pushing Zipping Classic day to end November will work. The only thing holding the meeting together at the moment are the internationals (who will have gone back home by then) and the horses that you managed to hold onto from the tail of the Flemington carnival (who will be in the paddock).

The meeting worked/served its function as it was in the calendar already.

Not to mention it's a cracking day.

Who's gonna be around to run in the Zipping a month after the MC?

Anyway rant over.

For now.
They should bomb the joint and turn it into a quarantine hub.

My plays tomorrow

Morphettville

R1. Brazen Boy
R2. En Francais (best of day)
R3. Blah Blah Blah

Caulfield

R1. Set the Sails
R5. Tinandali
R6. Yonkers
R9. Muntaseera

Eagle Farm

R2. Dr Why Not
R3. Ayrton
R6. Prince of Boom
R7. Explosive Jack
R8. Vega One
R9. Exhilarates

Randwick

R7. April Rain

The Sires has some decent 2yos going around at big prices tomorrow and the F4 looks like it could pay a metric *-ton so I am going to have a crack at a big divy with my ABC system

A - Baby Wong, Miss Hipstar
B - Port Louis, Prince of Boom, Ranch Hand
C - Glenagles, Giannis, Rhapsody Rose

The Sires has some decent 2yos going around at big prices tomorrow and the F4 looks like it could pay a metric fu**-ton so I am going to have a crack at a big divy with my ABC system

A - Baby Wong, Miss Hipstar
B - Port Louis, Prince of Boom, Ranch Hand
C - Glenagles, Giannis, Rhapsody Rose

Can you give us a refresher of the ABC system?

Can you give us a refresher of the ABC system?

To win - at least one A must run top 3; the winner must be either an A or a B; top four must be either ABC

Three tickets

Ticket 1

1st -A
2nd - ABC
3rd - ABC
4th - ABC

Ticket 2

B
A
ABC
ABC

Ticket 3