Racing May Daily Punt: The 'Bool Monty

Remove this Banner Ad

One of the better Derby trial's you'll see from MOHAAFETH at Newmarket overnight

Looked a pretty ho-hum renewal of the Guineas with most of those at the top of the market beaten out of sight and nothing between the first three over the line (although I did have the quinella in my European stable to follow :( ). Didn't even look to be anything running on from a Derby perspective.

The turn for the girls tonight in the 1000 Guineas and none of the trial winners struck me as strong milers so have to default to Aiden who has trained for of the last 5 winners. SANTA BARBARA has been short in the market for this all winter so will be interesting to see if she can put down a better marker than the boys did last night.

The Pretty Polly is an Oaks trial and very keen to see if A'SHAARI has come on from her impressive debut win late last season.

The Dahlia is for the older mares who could bob up in the Duke of Cambridge at Royal Ascot. QUEEN'S POWER was good enough to run forth in the Nassau at Glorious Goodwood last year and a repeat of that should be good enough here

Couple of Lloyd's 3yo bunch going around at the Curragh tonight in the Tetrarch Stakes. Not an overly strong race for mine even though the ones at the top all have form around Poetic Flare that looks better now after the other night.

Couple of Lloyd's 3yo bunch going around at the Curragh tonight in the Tetrarch Stakes. Not an overly strong race for mine even though the ones at the top all have form around Poetic Flare that looks better now after the other night.

I'd be disappointed if the toppy didn't brain Lloyds over 7 furlongs - should be far too good for them.

Twilight Payment going around in a race about a kilometre to short for him against Broome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brierly feature day 1

Flying Agent was $8 when markets opened and got set upon first few hours into $3 and since then been progressively backed where it's now a somewhat silly $1.85

Yeah I backed it last start and it won well but not well enough to be starting odds on in a Brierly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back