Racing May Daily Punt: The 'Bool Monty

Day 2 highlights

Wangoom and the Galleywood

Wangoom - impossible race really. Great Again probably has class edge but you are taking a gamble that he’s returned ok. Like a number of others west track suits.

Galleywood - Chows runner Robbies Star loves it wet and also this track. Jumps well and pretty reliable bet at $7

As you say only thing putting me off Great Again is the long break. Tempted to have a few sheckels on Inn Keeper who drops 2 kgs for running third last year. Should be up on the pace which was no negative yesterday. Only concern is that he might needed it wetter than it will be.

Saunter Boy looks the best flat horse in the Galleywood and it's not bottomless so if he jumps cleanly he looks the obvious.

Apr 22, 2007
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Geelong
As you say only thing putting me off Great Again is the long break. Tempted to have a few sheckels on Inn Keeper who drops 2 kgs for running third last year. Should be up on the pace which was no negative yesterday. Only concern is that he might needed it wetter than it will be.

Saunter Boy looks the best flat horse in the Galleywood and it's not bottomless so if he jumps cleanly he looks the obvious.
The way Mihawaany Machine "jumped" the hurdles yesterday on way to its win suggests flat ability is key

anabac

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2011
banana boat
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'll be backing Glassey Miss e/w at $10 in the get out. Back in class, back to home track. Wasn't far away at the Valley last start over 1600, back to 1400 now at home where she won in good time 4 starts back first up.

Simon Wilde got Dinga home in the last yesterday so hopefully he can do the same today at double figures again.

5.00am is above par but to be fair if you're not hitting 3.00am at the Bool you're not really trying

I assume yesterday's track bias also encouraged him to get out in front early.

Great move from RVL - will be interesting how late some of the corps put up their prices now (or more likely what % the early markets blow out too)

Seriously if he cant win this hes in the wilderness for mine

Would be stunned if it can turn this prep around and win a Wangoom with 60 kgs the way its going. Inside travellator its only hope.

Jan 30, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Great move from RVL - will be interesting how late some of the corps put up their prices now (or more likely what % the early markets blow out too)

Conused by the love for this on social media. The greatest mystery in modern punting is how the Pro's convinced the mugs that this and other MBLs is a good thing for them. The average punter cries foul because promos or something like that taken away from them, specifically because with large punters and the taxes on companies the corps have had to stop giving as much money away to all parties. The average punter has just lost a huge edge and will pay even more through opening % due to this. The very few have sat back and let the many not making big money off it do the leg work for them in the public eye.

The model will not change from the big agencies, they will increase margins, reduce betting time, reduce promo's. They have had years to adapt the topsport-esque model and not one has.

Back