Streaming Mayans MC - SOA Spin-off

Streaming Television

Will Mayans MC fail to live up to SOA or will it succeed?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

That felt wildly unnecessary - also showed the difference between the Sons and the Mayans I think.
Dunno, they’d just murdered her boyfriend in cold blood…do you think she’d just leave, have his baby and stay quiet? More surprising they actually let Angel leave. Plus, they are good guys, right?…let the dog live 🤓. Mass wipeout was all they deserved in the end, even if by the hands of Potter‘s agents…

Dunno, they’d just murdered her boyfriend in cold blood…do you think she’d just leave, have his baby and stay quiet? More surprising they actually let Angel leave. Plus, they are good guys, right?…let the dog live 🤓. Mass wipeout was all they deserved in the end, even if by the hands of Potter‘s agents…
Possibly - I mean she knows what happens to her if she tries to go to the cops etc.

Do you think the Suns would have knocked off Tara or Gemma if Jax/Clay had been rats?

Letting Angel go was absolutely rubbish. As if they'd have believed he knew nothing.

Do you think the Suns would have knocked off Tara or Gemma if Jax/Clay had been rats?
Well not necessarily “rat” related, but Clay did pay to have Tara taken out for knowledge he needed kept quiet…

and let’s not forget the Asian bartender went to the cops in the finale, leading to the ATF raid that killed them all…

Well not necessarily “rat” related, but Clay did pay to have Tara taken out for knowledge he needed kept quiet…

and let’s not forget the Asian bartender went to the cops in the finale, leading to the ATF raid that killed them all…
That wasn't club sanctioned though, this one kind of was (without including said rat). Clay had form with taking out wives (albeit Donna wasn't the intended target).

Did the Asian bartender know he was a rat?

Did the Asian bartender know he was a rat?
no, she just knew her work colleague went missing and everyone was carrying on as if nothing happened…

But I’m saying if let live, EZ’s missus could easily have gone straight to the cops and witness protection. Surely there would have been an element of revenge wanted, much like Creepers fed missus wished death on the Mayans/EZ…

I never knew there was a weekly podcast on this show, but here’s the last ep review…the girls voice is a bit weird, but I just listened in the background. It appears our views are pretty much reciprocated among those that made it through 5 seasons. Interested in your final thoughts The Stid

I never knew there was a weekly podcast on this show, but here’s the last ep review…the girls voice is a bit weird, but I just listened in the background. It appears our views are pretty much reciprocated among those that made it through 5 seasons. Interested in your final thoughts The Stid

Sorry lads, been flat out the past couple of weeks & I wanted to re-watch the final EP before commenting on it but I haven’t had the chance, so I’ll do my best to remember & apologies for the long post 😂

Where to start?
What I did like was Angel getting out with Maverick. It may not have made much sense because it was obvious he knew about EZ & AJ. His storyline ended up boring af for most of this season, but I did always like the character so happy enough with him mellowing a bit, growing up & becoming a dad. Also the scene between EZ & Angel was nice.

EZ’s death was a given, so going out brutally like that made for a good scene. I like to think that Nestor wanted to end the suffering by stabbing him in the heart. Also liked the way Emily killed Miguel tbh, I figured the way she had those cameras positioned was part of a plan, but didn’t see his death coming in that way.

That was probably about all I liked about that EP really.

For the most part, the series, final season & final EP was a bit of a let down.
Unlike SOA, I had no real emotional connections to / investment in any of the characters other than the original SOA characters that appeared on Mayans MC. All of the Mayans MC character deaths & the end of the show hasn’t bothered me, where as with SOA, I was still wanting more seasons & was extremely disappointed when S7 was announced as the final season.

I am glad that Elgin James left the SOA universe mostly intact. I was concerned he might end up killing off most, if not all of SAMCRO after EZ’s “* charming” “* Chibs” comments and the “war” with the SAMDINO which came to an incredibly underwhelming conclusion. Isaac was one of the most interesting & captivating characters on the show (which wasn’t that hard to do) & he went out like that, in an alley way. The bar fight, the addition of Iron War & that pre fight rev up from EZ was just all cringy to me.

This series really suffered with poor writing, Casting, character development (for MC members) & direction. By the time they realised they had spent too much time on the cartel, Potter, the rebels storylines & characters & that no one cared about them, it was too late. They tried to play catch up in the last few seasons with different club members character arcs but it felt forced & empty (IMO). They spent time on who became nothing characters like Nails, Jess, Treenie & Terry or storyline’s like Miguel being a Reyes but there being no real conclusion with EZ & Angel not finding out.

The ending with the ATF storming the clubhouse and I assume killing all remaining members didn’t shock me too much, I would liked to have seen that shootout instead of leaving us to guess what happened. I would also have preferred though if we saw SAMCRO go in & get revenge for Happy. That would have been satisfying.

Interestingly, Michael Irby wasn’t too happy with the way Bishop was used in this final season going by a reply to a tweet after the final EP. I wonder if more of the cast feel this way, in particular EJO & Clayton Cardenas.

Final thoughts -
While it had some enjoyable moments, overall I’m not really going to miss this series & like you guys, I’m not sure if / when I’ll rewatch it. I did appreciate the soundtrack for this series over the past few seasons though, which I’m sure Elgin had a lot to do with after coming up in the Boston punk & hardcore scenes. Also, I still think they messed up by killing Coco off when they did.

Hopefully there’s still a chance that Kurt can get back the rights to First 9 & create a Abel & Thomas spinoff. Some fans on Twitter have predicted a Bastards spinoff & like I did, a Broken Saints spinoff with Letty last predictably ending up there.

Unlike SOA, I had no real emotional connections to / investment in any of the characters other than the original SOA characters that appeared on Mayans MC. All of the Mayans MC character deaths & the end of the show hasn’t bothered me, where as with SOA, I was still wanting more seasons & was extremely disappointed when S7 was announced as the final season.
This is the crux of the matter. Character development was lacking. Even something as simple as Clay saying “Bobby, Ope, follow Jax. Juice, Tig, you’re with me. Chibs, you take the prospect and wait for my signal”. Instantly we have characters involved. With Mayans I was using IMDB to get character names until season 5. I didn’t organically learn Gilly, Riz, Taza, Downer, Guero etc… I mean, did you know Hank was listed as “Tranq”? When was that name ever used? When did Guero and Downer patch in to Santo Padre? What was their back story? Did I snooze during that story? Ez, Angel and Coco were really the only guys I knew their names reasonably quickly.

Back to Sons, upon a re-watch I noticed Quinn’s name linked all the way back in season 2 when Jax was talking about going Nomad, years before Bobby brought him in to the Redwood Original Charter… the little things…

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The main negative for me this season is we’re still yet to learn more about the rest of the M.C. The first season was heavily focused on EZ, Angel and Felipe which we knew going in. But they’ve neglected the rest of the M.C members for the the Galindo Cartel and Adilita and the rebels. Still don’t really feel like we know any other patched members besides Coco, who (imo) is one of the best characters on the show. Looking forward to getting to know him more.
Went back to the start of the thread and this still rang true throughout…

Last edited:
Went back to the start of the thread and this still rang true throughout…
I felt like a broken record through this whole series tbh

This is the crux of the matter. Character development was lacking. Even something as simple as Clay saying “Bobby, Ope, follow Jax. Juice, Tig, you’re with me. Chibs, you take the prospect and wait for my signal”. Instantly we have characters involved. With Mayans I was using IMDB to get character names until season 5. I didn’t organically learn Gilly, Riz, Taza, Downer, Guero etc… I mean, did you know Hank was listed as “Tranq”? When was that name ever used? When did Guero and Downer patch in to Santo Padre? What was their back story? Did I snooze during that story? Ez, Angel and Coco were really the only guys I knew their names reasonably quickly.

Back to Sons, upon a re-watch I noticed Quinn’s name linked all the way back in season 2 when Jax was talking about going Nomad, years before Bobby brought him in to the Redwood Original Charter… the little things…
I honestly didn’t even know Guero or Downers names until Downer was killed. As for Guero I had to look it up on IMDB as well after the last EP. The only thing I know is that Guero’s dad was Ibarra. The guy who played Downer has 15 episodes listed on IMDB, but I don’t recall seeing him in S4.

I knew Hank was also listed as Tranq but I don’t recall that name being used either.

Another thing I forgot to add was Nestor was under-utilised over the final 2 seasons. Just felt like he was a background character.

God I hope we don't get a Broken Saints spin off, especially before a First 9 show.

Who has the rights to the First 9?

FX/Disney

Wouldn’t mind seeing it get picked up Paramount+, Amazon, HBO or AMC+ who do Gangs of London which is a good, gritty crime drama.

IIRC, Kurt wanted Brad Pitt as JT when the talk of doing a First 9 series was first spoken about. But I can’t see that happening.
If it did, you’d think only Amazon, HBO or Apple would have that kind of pull.

Having said that, I do have a bikie-sized hole in my Thursdays now 😂
We’ll have “The Bikeriders” movie to look forward to. Tom Hardy, Austin Butler, Norman Reedus, Michael Shannon, Boyd Holbrook, Emory Cohen & Toby Wallace who was good on Pistol as Steve Jones just recently. It’s inspired by a 1968 photo book & follows a fictional Midwest based MC. Due to hit theatres on Dec 1st.

FX/Disney

Wouldn’t mind seeing it get picked up Paramount+, Amazon, HBO or AMC+ who do Gangs of London which is a good, gritty crime drama.

IIRC, Kurt wanted Brad Pitt as JT when the talk of doing a First 9 series was first spoken about. But I can’t see that happening.
If it did, you’d think only Amazon, HBO or Apple would have that kind of pull.
Think Brad Pitt would be too old. He suits it but he's now the age JT was when he died, I assume you'd want someone at least 20 years younger.

Back