Streaming Mayans MC - SOA Spin-off

Streaming Television

Will Mayans MC fail to live up to SOA or will it succeed?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Foxtel, only showing the return of Season 1

Can you confirm its S2 you are talking about?

Dunno about Foxtel, but it returns in The US on 9th April according to that promo...

EDIT: Actually, now I read that again...it’s 9/4, which is 4th Sept. D’oh!:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

Dunno about Foxtel, but it returns in The US on 9th April according to that promo...

EDIT: Actually, now I read that again...it’s 9/4, which is 4th Sept. D’oh!:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:
Don’t worry, I do that all the time, too. Bloody Americans. I think filming for S2 starts this month though.

I started watching S1 a while back, as I liked SoA very much (at first, at least). But is it just me, or is it (despite the violence) a bit, well, slow? It's not the kinda show where you get to the end of one episode and think, I want to watch the next one straightaway.

Load of *en s**t. Still better than half the other '' s**t '' what's on though.

Can't wait!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

too slow to keep me entertained the odd chance I've tuned in for season 2.

Good or horse s**t?

too slow to keep me entertained the odd chance I've tuned in for season 2.

Good or horse s**t?

I was about to make a post on here with my thoughts on the show. The first part is in reply to you but the rest is just a bit of a rant/thoughts on some changes that could be made.

The last couple of episodes have been better, more MC focused. Totally understand where you’re coming from regarding the pace of the show. I understand Mayans being its own thing, but SOA was so explosive. Especially in it’s first two seasons in comparison to Mayans. But as I said the last couple of episodes have been more MC focused and has teased we’ll get more MC storyline’s in the coming episodes. I really don’t care for the Cartel/Rebels storyline’s at all. There are a ton of Cartel based TV shows and movies around.

We need more MC character development. We know EZ, Angel and Coco (to an extent) but we don’t really know the rest. Bishop, Taza & Creeper could have some interesting storyline’s if they bother to invest time into those characters. Michael Irby is a solid actor, but he hasn’t been able to really show that yet, almost unconvincing so far as club President. By this point in SOA we already knew and cared for the majority of the MC. I don’t feel that yet with the Mayans. Only EZ, Angel, Coco & those outside the MC like Alvarez & Felipe. The casting of some of the MC members is poor. The guys who play Hank and Gilly have limited range as actors. Meanwhile they waste actors like Maurice Compte, Noel G & Celestino Cornielle on parts that have seen them killed off or in small roles. IMO, for the third season (which IIRC, has been given the Green light by FX) they need to bring some fresh writers/directors and maybe kill off/ move on Hank & Gilly and bring in some other actors that have a bit of screen presence.

Just feels like when it came to casting they were shopping on a fairly tight budget. Most of the SOA MC cast were seasoned actors except for Theo Rossi (Juice) & David Labrava (Happy) - he was the only one who wasn’t an actor he was a MC member irl at the time SOA started. They weren’t house hold names (besides maybe Ron Perlman) but you knew what movies/TV shows you had previously seen the rest of them on. Of the Mayans MC members I’ve only seen JD Pardo, Michael Irby and the guys who play Riz, Taza & Creeper before.

Whilst the show seems to be popular in the US, a few changes would be welcomed.

I was about to make a post on here with my thoughts on the show. The first part is in reply to you but the rest is just a bit of a rant/thoughts on some changes that could be made.

The last couple of episodes have been better, more MC focused. Totally understand where you’re coming from regarding the pace of the show. I understand Mayans being its own thing, but SOA was so explosive. Especially in it’s first two seasons in comparison to Mayans. But as I said the last couple of episodes have been more MC focused and has teased we’ll get more MC storyline’s in the coming episodes. I really don’t care for the Cartel/Rebels storyline’s at all. There are a ton of Cartel based TV shows and movies around.

We need more MC character development. We know EZ, Angel and Coco (to an extent) but we don’t really know the rest. Bishop, Taza & Creeper could have some interesting storyline’s if they bother to invest time into those characters. Michael Irby is a solid actor, but he hasn’t been able to really show that yet, almost unconvincing so far as club President. By this point in SOA we already knew and cared for the majority of the MC. I don’t feel that yet with the Mayans. Only EZ, Angel, Coco & those outside the MC like Alvarez & Felipe. The casting of some of the MC members is poor. The guys who play Hank and Gilly have limited range as actors. Meanwhile they waste actors like Maurice Compte, Noel G & Celestino Cornielle on parts that have seen them killed off or in small roles. IMO, for the third season (which IIRC, has been given the Green light by FX) they need to bring some fresh writers/directors and maybe kill off/ move on Hank & Gilly and bring in some other actors that have a bit of screen presence.

Just feels like when it came to casting they were shopping on a fairly tight budget. Most of the SOA MC cast were seasoned actors except for Theo Rossi (Juice) & David Labrava (Happy) - he was the only one who wasn’t an actor he was a MC member irl at the time SOA started. They weren’t house hold names (besides maybe Ron Perlman) but you knew what movies/TV shows you had previously seen the rest of them on. Of the Mayans MC members I’ve only seen JD Pardo, Michael Irby and the guys who play Riz, Taza & Creeper before.

Whilst the show seems to be popular in the US, a few changes would be welcomed.

Have to agree re; the rebels/cartel biz. Same with the council development bids. Also not interested in Mama Galindo’s extra-marital affairs. Been a fan of Edward James Olmos through Stand and Deliver and Battlestar Galactica...But putting him and the burns victim together is snooze worthy. Don’t mind Potter, but feel he’s kinda ramping the weirdness up to overdrive sometimes.

It’s a pity SOA old boys generate the most excitement still...would prefer Tyderius and Ratboy to Quinn and Montero though...no chance of Tiggy with his other work commitments...

Just give us guns, bikes and loud music.

This morning I was fired by Dana Walden and John Landgraf for all the complaints levied against me. Not the way I wanted to end my 18 year relationship with FX. At least being fired for being an abrasive dick is on brand.

I deeply apologize if I’ve made people feel less than or unsupported. My intention was literally the opposite. But clearly I’ve not been paying attention. My arrogance and chronic distraction has created wreckage. Just know, I adore this cast and crew.

I’m not sure what the fate of Mayans MC holds. But if it continues, you’ll still be in good hands. As I said at the premier, Elgin is ready to take on the challenge of running the show. I’m sure FX will get him the support he needs to find and follow his vision.

For those of you who wanted me gone, you win! For those of you who didn’t, you win too. Although I will no longer be involved, I have no doubt the new team will move things forward with the same quality fans have come to expect.

Thank you for the honor of working with all of you.

I don’t need, nor want, replies or condolences. I know where the love is. And for those of you who have it, I’m sure our paths will cross again.

Best,
ks

Have to agree re; the rebels/cartel biz. Same with the council development bids. Also not interested in Mama Galindo’s extra-marital affairs. Been a fan of Edward James Olmos through Stand and Deliver and Battlestar Galactica...But putting him and the burns victim together is snooze worthy. Don’t mind Potter, but feel he’s kinda ramping the weirdness up to overdrive sometimes.

It’s a pity SOA old boys generate the most excitement still...would prefer Tyderius and Ratboy to Quinn and Montero though...no chance of Tiggy with his other work commitments...

Just give us guns, bikes and loud music.

Agree with the Felipe / Dita storyline. Although the Reyes Bros & Galindo finding out they’re brothers should be interesting to see

Wouldn’t be surprised if we get a Clay flashback. Saw a photo of Perlman and Irby going around. Don’t know if it’s on set or at a con.

This answers a lot of questions as to why it’s so tame in comparison to Sons. Didn’t think about Disney’s acquisition of Fox affecting FX. What a shame. Disney seem to be causing a lot of problems lately. A lot of people are really in happy with its treatment of Star Wars among other franchises, it seems.

Didn’t think about Disney’s acquisition of Fox affecting FX. What a shame. Disney seem to be causing a lot of problems lately. A lot of people are really in happy with its treatment of Star Wars among other franchises, it seems.

Ah yeah, but we’re just middle aged white men. These shows aren’t meant for us. Pipe down! :p

Ok
Do I bother catching up on S02?

I still watch and still enjoy overall, but I’ll say no, based on your past enjoyment of it and SoA in the latter years.

"I know my role at Mayans MC was going to be greatly reduced. I am handing off the show to Elgin. So it's not the job that's the issue," he continued. "What pisses me off, what hurts the most, is that John Landgraf and Dana Walden sat across from me and sited a summary of a slanted truth formulated by lawyers and clerks. They blamed my dismissal on the cast and crew."

"People I care about. People I respect. They had no first hand knowledge of anything they were saying. They’ve never been on set or spoken to any of my people. I’m not saying all of the intel was bullshit. But I know that’s not why I was fired. The truth is, the suits wanted me gone. I stepped on toes and bruised egos. And in this Disney regime, I'm dangerous to the wholesome brand. And clearly not worth the trouble. So 18 years of friendship, loyalty and producing quality television, was flushed down the drain. They threw me under the ******* bus."

"I send this diatribe because I feel deeply wronged. They embarrassed me. They created a false narrative that could damage my reputation and career. I want them to understand the depth of that mistake."

"Talk soon. Thanks. ks. sutterink," the letter concluded.

-----

I still watch and still enjoy overall, but I’ll say no, based on your past enjoyment of it and SoA in the latter years.

"I know my role at Mayans MC was going to be greatly reduced. I am handing off the show to Elgin. So it's not the job that's the issue," he continued. "What pisses me off, what hurts the most, is that John Landgraf and Dana Walden sat across from me and sited a summary of a slanted truth formulated by lawyers and clerks. They blamed my dismissal on the cast and crew."

"People I care about. People I respect. They had no first hand knowledge of anything they were saying. They’ve never been on set or spoken to any of my people. I’m not saying all of the intel was bullshit. But I know that’s not why I was fired. The truth is, the suits wanted me gone. I stepped on toes and bruised egos. And in this Disney regime, I'm dangerous to the wholesome brand. And clearly not worth the trouble. So 18 years of friendship, loyalty and producing quality television, was flushed down the drain. They threw me under the ******* bus."

"I send this diatribe because I feel deeply wronged. They embarrassed me. They created a false narrative that could damage my reputation and career. I want them to understand the depth of that mistake."

-----

Kurt goes Bang!

I hope he can regain ownership of Mayans and the other properties he has at FX like First 9. I know him being fired from Mayans wasn’t to affect his other work with FX but by the sounds of that, you wouldn’t think he’ll be going back to there any time soon.

Last edited:

-----

oookkkkkayyy

I don’t know wat Sutter is talking about?

wats the gist?

oookkkkkayyy

I don’t know wat Sutter is talking about?

wats the gist?

Sutter got fired from Mayans for being “an abrasive dick”. Disney bought out Fox so now FX is owned by Disney. They (Disney,FX) sat him down and told him he needed to change and seemingly put a lot of restrictions on him.

That was a letter from Sutter adressing the situation.

Back