Toast Maynard signs for 2 more years

Remove this Banner Ad

Great news, promising player, saves possible speculation and might save us money if he has a break out year.

When was the last time we re-signed someone this early?

Terrific

He’s just got it!

Great news for the club because I’m certain the Crows would have been circling him!
I don’t get the whole Maynard/Crows rhetoric. Adelaide fans have a hard on for him because he was almost eligible for F/S, but he’s Victorian, his family lives here, and he’s got no real ties to Adelaide as a club afaik, given his Dad was a SANFL player, not a Crows player. Is there actually any evidence that Maynard would have any inclination to even leave Victoria?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How times have changed. Seems like only yesterday some were complaining he was getting gifted games. Maybe he was, but all in a good cause.

It’s a balancing act that’s for sure because gifting those games no doubt brought down the teams performance with him playing like a zombified corpse for a while there (and he still does at times) which increased pressure on the senior coach.

We’re yet to reap the rewards and a lot of the praise is based on the faith that the best is still yet to come! At least that’s the hope for me and we’re still a long way from being repaid.

I don’t get the whole Maynard/Crows rhetoric. Adelaide fans have a hard on for him because he was almost eligible for F/S, but he’s Victorian, his family lives here, and he’s got no real ties to Adelaide as a club afaik, given his Dad was a SANFL player, not a Crows player. Is there actually any evidence that Maynard would have any inclination to even leave Victoria?

SA football is extremely incestuous and if it’s popping up on BigFooty (which it did) I have no doubt there’s interest there. Only my personal opinion!

Is he Rodney Maynard's son?

Cs2lUYZVUAAd9DA.jpg

Rodney makes my goat AFL bogans. Fun fact all 5 of them are South Australians.

5. Didak
4. Rodney Maynard
3. Greg Anderson
2. Clive Waterhouse
1. Wayne Weideman.

south australian football culture rocks. is what the afl should be imo

It’s a balancing act that’s for sure because gifting those games no doubt brought down the teams performance with him playing like a zombified corpse for a while there (and he still does at times) which increased pressure on the senior coach.

We’re yet to reap the rewards and a lot of the praise is based on the faith that the best is still yet to come! At least that’s the hope for me and we’re still a long way from being repaid.

SA football is extremely incestuous and if it’s popping up on BigFooty (which it did) I have no doubt there’s interest there. Only my personal opinion!
Has there been any indication of interest from Adelaide? All I’ve seen is Crows supporters throwing up his name, nothing from anyone with sources suggesting that Adelaide asked for him in a deal for Lever etc, or that they’re even chasing him.

This has made my day. Must be two, three years ago at the G. Watching pies v ? can't remember (sure we lost as I'm cursed). Two kids no older than 15/16 sitting in front of me both wearing Maynards number. Area I sit in is usually near players family and friends so assumed these kids knew him. Anyway due to this moment I have kept a close watch on the kid/ beast. Love watching him go about it. Has a bit of Leigh Brown in him. Angry, yet not plain stupid. Love to see him smash through the midfield in 2018. Have read here, he is first on and last off the training track, which is a basic core value that indicates mental strength.

How is he vocally within the club? Could he mentor say Stephenson and Murphy. Work ethic 101, exciting times ahead. Maynard takes on 2018 and dominates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back