Boxing Mayweather v Paul

Remove this Banner Ad

It was good of Logan to suggest Floyd might have let him survive, but I'm with you, Floyd wanted to put him down, and his comments post fight were genuine.
I reckon Floyd tried without trying. Like if Logan had stuck his chin up and not defended he would have taken it but Floyd was happy to not eat anything in pursuit of a finish.

Logan's jabs and distance control weren't actually terrible, his jabs had decent speed all things considered.

I reckon Floyd tried without trying. Like if Logan had stuck his chin up and not defended he would have taken it but Floyd was happy to not eat anything in pursuit of a finish.

Logan's jabs and distance control weren't actually terrible, his jabs had decent speed all things considered.
For sure, but that's usually how he fought anyway; don't get hurt above hurting his opposition.

Towards the end of the last 3 rounds, at least, there was a little more searching from Floyd than I'm used to seeing.

For sure, but that's usually how he fought anyway; don't get hurt above hurting his opposition.

Towards the end of the last 3 rounds, at least, there was a little more searching from Floyd than I'm used to seeing.

He threw a couple hay makers haha

Floyd couldn't KO boxers smaller than him so I don't know why people thought at 44yrs he was going to easily KO a dude 40pds bigger.

Hell, he doesn't even sit on punches anymore with his brittle hands, so Logan's laughing at the easiest paycheck he'll ever get.

Hopefully 1 of the clown brothers gets cocky and fights Conor or Pacquiao now cause a southpaw with actual power will put em to sleep quicker than they can scream "Pranked".

Floyd couldn't KO boxers smaller than him so I don't know why people thought at 44yrs he was going to easily KO a dude 40pds bigger.

Hell, he doesn't even sit on punches anymore with his brittle hands, so Logan's laughing at the easiest paycheck he'll ever get.

Hopefully 1 of the clown brothers gets cocky and fights Conor or Pacquiao now cause a southpaw with actual power will put em to sleep quicker than they can scream "Pranked".

Agreed. It shits me a bit that people are now claiming Mayweather wasn't trying.

He wanted the KO, but he isn't an idiot. Paul looked ******* massive in there next to him, and Mayweather wasn't about to go putting his chin out there to someone with a good 20+ kg on him. It doesn't matter that Paul couldn't box apples; weight classes exist for a reason.

The difference between this and the McGregor fight is that McGregor wanted to engage even in the last few rounds where he was tired and getting hit a lot. It made a great spectacle. Paul was gassed in R2 and spent the remainder of the fight slowly backing up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back