Votes: 38 20.4%

• Total voters
Jul 24, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns, Sunderland
Hmm it may have been running, but it wasn't running from the fight. Conor got his back off the cage quickly sure, but he was the first to engage once he got the centre of the octagon back. Every time.

Half the time he ran he ended up in a similar position on the cage, it was hardly to get back to the centre of the octagon. He was running to spend less time exchanging with a guy who was wearing him down again. If he turns his back as much against Floyd the ref will have to stop the fight.

Macca81

Club Legend
Apr 29, 2012
Maylands
AFL Club
West Coast
I just started noticing Floyds last few matches were against smaller guys. Conor is much larger than him.
Even Pacquiao had a dud shoulder when fighting Floyd.
I reckon Floyd has crawled to his 49-0 legacy and like Conor said: "he got greedy, he could have retired 49-0 and the God of boxing but he got greedy and now i'm the God of boxing!"
I think Floyd wanted the 50-0 for his business and trademarks for TMT and he's underestimated Conor. Since signing the contract and doing the press tours his team are starting to realise this is no joke, Conor has a confidence no one else has had going against Floyd for decades and also Conor has a lot more to gain from it. I haven't seen anything logical coming from the Floyd camp which doesn't reference past performance in relation to making the most money or never being defeated - neither matter when the bell rings and the confident Conor comes at him. Conor has been analyising the fight and visualising the outcome, Floyd is trying to convince people because he earned the most money he will win.
ill offer you 10 to 1 on Connor winning.

Any Irish fools out there also willing to take this bet please pm. So funny how many people are getting sucked into this WWE styled fight. Its Toney vs Couture all over again except in reverse.

Jul 18, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton, Mount Buller Demons
Conors ability to make others believe in him, like he does himself, is something else. He really is a special dude.. which is why I can't count him out.
One of my favourite clips about this fight is at the Conlan fight where Conor is surrounded by media and he, without a shadow of doubt claims he 'is boxing'.

I'm not a boxing buff, have only watched MMA on and off prior to discovering Conor (I now watch almost every MMA card I can), but I don't need to read all these 12 page long posts in order know that Floyd is more likely than not going to win this. However, I will still root for Conor and will pay for the PPV.

In saying that, watching that specific clip of Conor I sat thinking Floyd has no chance of beating Conor. This bloke could sell me a Volvo and convince me it will go better than a Pagani.

Half the time he ran he ended up in a similar position on the cage, it was hardly to get back to the centre of the octagon. He was running to spend less time exchanging with a guy who was wearing him down again. If he turns his back as much against Floyd the ref will have to stop the fight.
He only did it 3 or 4 times in the fight... And he won the 4th round when it was probably the most evident.

He did it to get out of bad positions and reset. And he threw first on the reset everytime.

Nate was also clinching at every opportunity on the fence.. why not get out of there by any means if you are getting weighted on.

That and his cardio deficiencies are massively over stated imo. This isn't Overeem sprinting... Not even close.

The tale of the tape.
FB_IMG_1503442539160.jpg

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
ill offer you 10 to 1 on Connor winning.

Any Irish fools out there also willing to take this bet please pm. So funny how many people are getting sucked into this WWE styled fight. Its Toney vs Couture all over again except in reverse.

you can get $1.27 at the tab.

Furn2

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 27, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Reading this thread, it's becoming clear why the bookies have taken 80% of the money on Conor.

Realistically, he is a slim chance of winning this fight. I won't be completely shocked if he does pull it off, but that's not where anyone's expectations should be.

Besides Conor's bravado and a 10 seconds clip of him putting work on Paulie, we sit where we were 6 months ago. There is so much value in the $1.27 Floyd is paying.

Conors ability to make others believe in him, like he does himself, is something else. He really is a special dude.. which is why I can't count him out.

I read while 95% of bets have been on McGregor, 81% of the money has been for Floyd.

19 mma fans betting $20-100 on Conor to one investor betting $5000 on Floyd basically.

I read while 95% of bets have been on McGregor, 81% of the money has been for Floyd.

19 mma fans betting $20-100 on Conor to one investor betting $5000 on Floyd basically.
That sounds about right to me. I've yet to talk to someone who was willing to put on $100+ on McGregor.

Jul 11, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
For those in the know, what time is the fight likely to realistically start (Melbourne time)

Also, ladbrokes are offering $3 (max bet $25) on Mayweather via KO or TKO, I am thinking Mayweather is more likely to win on points, but not sure where the smart money is.
Prelims start at 9am, 4 fights, then the main card like UFC I am thinking the main fight will start between 1:30-2pm depending on other results.

As for the betting. I am gonna have $100 on Hawthron WIN into Mayweather points @8 and then a sneaky 20 on Connor for the KO for lolz

Any truth in the articles floating around about Conor potentially being overweight or just the media beating up a story?
Its just mayweather saying he reckons mcgregor has only a few days to lose ten pounds
How the * he would know his opponents weight three days out I have no idea
I'd be fairly confident on Kavanagh getting him at the correct weight

Back