• Mayweather

Votes: 118 63.4%
  • Mcgregor

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Rigged draw for inevitable rematch.

Votes: 38 20.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Conor will return for a couple fights, hope he doesn't fight Diaz. Sick of that bloke carrying on like he was a massive draw card before he beat Conor. Would love to see McGregor fight Ferguson who really deserves that shot and imo would be Conor's toughest opponent by far. Think he'd tee off on Khabib if he ever made weight

Why wouldn't Conor just retire after this?

It would take a dozen fights in the UFC to make this type of money. But when 5-10 million is on the cards each fight I guess you set yourself up for life that bit better.

He has done an amazing job to get himself in this position.

Best case scenario - Connor is obviously outclassed, and carried the distance, he makes over 100 million, retires from all competition and has no interest in returning to the UFC for small change. Dana White is then fired for allowing the Money fight to go ahead without having the foresight to see that Connor no longer has any motivation or interest in fighting again after his big payday.

Boxing and MMA get the mainstream coverage needed to move on to bigger and better things without either Floyd or Connor competing again. DW is no longer around to ostracize the fighters and the UFC begins to repair relations with it's disenfranchised employees.

Reality - Connor is obviously outclassed, makes over 100 million dollars and contemplates retirement to put all promoters on the back foot and dictate terms of any fight for the remainder of his career with the threat of retirement if he doesn't get the final say. DW is his lap buddy and further alienates the MMA community and more fighters leave for bellator over the coming years.

Boxing continues on it's merry way without much if any change, except that it has the wood over mma and any boxer not worth their salt on social media will say so regularly.

Why wouldn't Conor just retire after this?

It would take a dozen fights in the UFC to make this type of money. But when 5-10 million is on the cards each fight I guess you set yourself up for life that bit better.

He has done an amazing job to get himself in this position.

I was doing some reading before, and there is a facebook post or something going around from when he was fighting Cage Warriors, about not being able to afford $250 for a walk out song.

That was 4 years ago. He is now on the Forbes list, something an MMA fighter has never done and is about to earn $100mil.

I actually heard some stuff on the radio this morning with people complaining. I get it, its an absolute joke of a fight, but would anyone honestly not do exactly what he has done themselves?

Too much of a competitor just to stay at home and live off the millions.

He got bored during his break. This is a guy that's used to fighting 3 times a year.

He has said he's looking to get rich and get out quick though.

The UFC won't be able to let him do this once or twice a year and they aren't going to pay him this much for a fight in the UFC either

I was doing some reading before, and there is a facebook post or something going around from when he was fighting Cage Warriors, about not being able to afford $250 for a walk out song.

That was 4 years ago. He is now on the Forbes list, something an MMA fighter has never done and is about to earn $100mil.

I actually heard some stuff on the radio this morning with people complaining. I get it, its an absolute joke of a fight, but would anyone honestly not do exactly what he has done themselves?
What makes it even more remarkable is in those 4 years, he also rehabbed an ACL tear which made him sit for 12 months and he hasn't fought since early November last year.

10 fights, 2 titles, 3 divisions (I know, I know), 6.5 million in PPV sales and on the verge of a 100+ mil payday in the biggest combat sport event in history.

Geez that's a Mcdickrider post if I've ever seen one. :p

He has said he's looking to get rich and get out quick though.

The UFC won't be able to let him do this once or twice a year and they aren't going to pay him this much for a fight in the UFC either

Watch his latest interview with Ariel Helwani on the MMA Hour.

4 years ago Conor made like 16k for his UFC debut, he'll net what, $90m for this fight, its an incredible story.

I'm staggered at how many times ive read "long awaited" regarding this, the fight was conceived in January FFS.

I stand by my claim that Conor should just stop doing Boxing training and stick to doing something weird, would be brilliant to watch him feign takedowns and leg kicks then sneak a rangy jab through to stun Floyd.

In short I (like many many others) will fork out to watch this in spite of expecting it to be a yawn fest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

4 years ago Conor made like 16k for his UFC debut, he'll net what, $90m for this fight, its an incredible story.

I'm staggered at how many times ive read "long awaited" regarding this, the fight was conceived in January FFS.

I stand by my claim that Conor should just stop doing Boxing training and stick to doing something weird, would be brilliant to watch him feign takedowns and leg kicks then sneak a rangy jab through to stun Floyd.

In short I (like many many others) will fork out to watch this in spite of expecting it to be a yawn fest.

I Don't really understand why there is so much negativity about it, I mean I know to boxing purists its an abomination of a fight.

But so what if its a freak show? Its an event, its supposed to be fun. The lead up will be great, the atmosphere, the question of What if Conor Lands? the upcoming combat sport in MMA vs the old timer in Boxing, mirrored in the competitors.

Its an entertaining story, I think we should all enjoy the ride. Hell the world needs a bit of entertainment with all the crap that is going on.

would be brilliant to watch him feign takedowns and leg kicks then sneak a rangy jab through to stun Floyd.
I know * all about boxing, are their rules around this? Is he allowed to lift a leg up to pretend he is about to throw a kick?

I know **** all about boxing, are their rules around this? Is he allowed to lift a leg up to pretend he is about to throw a kick?

No he isn't but if the penalty is a point off and he is already gonna lose on points he might as well have a crack.

Its a little ridiculous to suggest but the bigger point is his movement and angles are very unorthodox especially for a boxing match, 99% of it wont work at all because Floyd is a master of range and angles but if he can show Floyd something confuses him it might be enough to land some shots.

Conor really wins the court of public opinon if he wins a round.

Mayweather is out to 1.18 on sportsbet to win this.. considering most index funds in Australia are earning 4-7% right now 18% returns is nothing to be laughed at. Solid investment strategy suggest a big bet here is worth your while.

That being said.. unlike stocks, your entire investment can be wiped out with a McGregor left hook.

Lol. What a shitshow. Mayweather's going to go 50-0 with a win against an MMA fighter who's a good MMA boxer and nothing more than that.

McGregor has basically no chance. A while back someone mentioned the only way McGregor wins is if the ref allows them to fight in the clinch for minutes at a time. That's not happening. Really the only chance McGregor has is if Mayweather has all of a sudden lost all of his speed. Even then he'd still almost surely win on skill alone.

McGregor's going to look like a fool and it'll be great. McGregor will get really tired early on. Mayweather might decide to end the outmatched fight by simply throwing more punches than usual. McGregor won't have the defensive skill or energy to stop from being finished inside 4 rounds. That's if Mayweather wants to finish the fight. He might prefer to stretch the fight out longer and make McGregor look awful over 10+ rounds.

MMA fans are usually morons but this fight will bring them out even more. I've seen someone say that McGregor might be a great boxer lol. If he was a great boxer he'd be, ah you know, a boxer. The money's better as a top boxer than a top MMA fighter. McGregor went with MMA because he knew he had a better chance at success than in boxing. Got to love this idea that McGregor is some monstrous one punch finisher too. At the UFC level with tiny gloves he wasn't much of a one punch finisher. One punch isn't going to finish Mayweather. It's going to have to be a prolonged period of punches raining down on Mayweather to finish him. McGregor doesn't have the skill to do that.

Now that the fight has been announced it's very clear that Mayweather is the A-side here. It was clear all along but some MMA fans couldn't deal with that fact. Mayweather's so confident that he didn't do all he could to make it even harder for McGregor. It's going to be at 154 pounds which is better for McGregor. If Mayweather wanted to he could have made McGregor fight him at 147 pounds.

Got to love this idea that McGregor is some monstrous one punch finisher too. At the UFC level with tiny gloves he wasn't much of a one punch finisher. One punch isn't going to finish Mayweather. It's going to have to be a prolonged period of punches raining down on Mayweather to finish him. McGregor doesn't have the skill to do that.

My favourite in the lead up so far is that Mayweather won't be able to stop him because of his heart and iron chin. The guy was badly rocked and legit running away from Nate Diaz who's hardly a heavy hitter. Floyd will hit him a lot and it will hurt. Like you I'm seeing a mid round stoppage with McGregor being dominated, fading and eventually being saved by the referee.

Outta curiosity how old is that footage? Looks like the mat says 2012? He's still not gonna win, and he isn't going to improve to anywhere near Floyd level, but surely he has improved quite a bit since then.

Most annoying thing about this whole fight, is that one guy has been retired for 2 years, and the other is an active titleholder in the main promotion of the sport.......and this fight wouldn't have any less gloss if it were done after Conor retired from MMA..IMO.

Back