• Mayweather

Votes: 118 63.4%
  • Mcgregor

Votes: 30 16.1%
  • Rigged draw for inevitable rematch.

Votes: 38 20.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

The only interest here would be that McGregor isnt a boxer, he doesnt move like one and he doesnt throw like one, Mayweather is the king of defensive boxing and alot of that comes from knowing the movement and footwork so Conors best avenue is to stay weird with his bulls**t movement coach stuff.

Either way no way Floyd loses.

There'll be a lot of hugging, but I imagine there'll be a lot of drawn out dancing and it'll be a non-event. Followed by intense trash talking for a few years and then a rematch.

Although I could be completely wrong, either way. My interest levels really aren't that high to provide a thorough thought analysis on what's most likely to happen.

So Amir Kahn was at 208 and has been talking about taking an MMA fight for a while. How does a boxing vs MMA card sound with Connor v Mayweather fighting boxing rules in the main event with Diaz vs Kahn fighting MMA rules as the co-main?

So Amir Kahn was at 208 and has been talking about taking an MMA fight for a while. How does a boxing vs MMA card sound with Connor v Mayweather fighting boxing rules in the main event with Diaz vs Kahn fighting MMA rules as the co-main?
on the next WWE show?

Unlikely. I could see Diaz vs Khan in a boxing match. But Diaz spars with Andre Ward - who fights out of the same gym as Khan, so it is unlikely they'd fight each other regardless. If Diaz does box anyone though, expect him to go well. Andre Ward sparred him leading into fights and speaks highly of Diaz. Whereas McGregor has looked average against B level boxers like Van Heeden.

Sounds like crap to me haha. Neither of those fights interest me.

Diaz would clinch up with him early and throw him to the mat. He's got some underrated takedowns in the clinch and once it's on the mat it would be embarrassing for Khan.

If McGregor was to fight a boxing bout and Khan an MMA bout, I'd rather see them fight really bad competition to gauge how good they are. Rico Verhoeven's a very good kickboxer and he made his MMA debut against some unknown guy. That's the better option imo. Obviously there's zero chance of that happening with McGregor though.

Of course "Conner" would knock Mayweather out. After all Conner Kent is Superboy. Even a boxer the calibre of Mayweather couldn't deal with a superhero like that.

In all seriousness, say goodbye to $50 lol. Apparently there's been a lot of bets being placed on McGregor. That's hilarious.

Of course "Conner" would knock Mayweather out. After all Conner Kent is Superboy. Even a boxer the calibre of Mayweather couldn't deal with a superhero like that.

In all seriousness, say goodbye to $50 lol. Apparently there's been a lot of bets being placed on McGregor. That's hilarious.
Bookies are going to clean up from UFC fans (i say UFC and not MMA specifically).

It will be so painful if Conner MacGregor clips Floyd Maywhether.. there will be so many "i knew its" when in reality, you knew * all and got luckier than Conner.

Honestly i hope Conor wins.. but i wouldnt bet on him unless he was paying $15 minimum, and i wouldnt put much on it.

Last edited:
makes me laugh mayweather has been in the ring with great fighters who couldn't lay a glove on him yet conor who has s**t house cardio is going to one last 10/12 rounds or ko him is laughable.

does conor have enough power in his hands to hurt mayweather maybe but the likelyhood of it happening is slim

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only two things Conor has going for him here is that he has power (although that's hugely negated by the boxing gloves instead of UFC gloves) and that he's not a boxer and thus has some awkward movement and angles for Mayweather to deal with.

In the end those two things won't matter against one of the best defensive boxing technicians the world has ever seen. Floyd being f**king old is his only real hope.

Of course it's a long shot
Everyone knows that
Thats why u place money on it

I couldn't be assed correcting the auto spell...in all seriousness

I'd give McGregor a small chance if he could land some decent punches within the first 3 rounds. The success rate of boxers coming out of retirement isn't great and McGregor bullies the s**t out of fighters that he has a height and reach advantage over.

Never underestimate the guy who has nothing to lose. All the pressure is on Mayweather to beat a guy with 0 boxing fights.

The success rate of boxers coming out of retirement isn't great and McGregor bullies the s**t out of fighters that he has a height and reach advantage over.

How often do boxers coming out of retirement compete against guys who are 0-0 though?

I seriously can't believe the traction this has gotten and doubt it will ever happen.

The thing is that Mayweather's retired multiple times lol. He's come out of retirement each time and got the job done against good boxers.

Maybe this latest retirement was more serious than the others. I haven't paid enough attention to know if that's right. Someone else will have a better idea about that than I do.

Here's a very detailed breakdown of the potential fight between Mayweather and McGregor: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/4/10/15046008/fight-analysis-1-mayweather-vs-mcgregor

I read very little of it. Doesn't really seem worth writing all that when the final prediction is an early stoppage victory for Mayweather. The last paragraph and the prediction would have worked for me lol.

Good series of tweets here:

If you think McGregor beats Mayweather then you think McGregor belongs in the same class of boxers as Lomachenko. Spot on.

Mayweather vs Pacquiao was a glorified sparring session....probably did more damage to boxing than good given the hype surrounding that fight. McGregor will lose....but he'll lose trying to win. For that reason and the what if factor is why people will watch this this fight.

What if factor being - what if McGregor decided to go nuts and throw everything he possible could in the 1st round for 3 minutes? It ****s him for the rest of the fight but he's gonna lose anyways. Has Mayweather ever copt a barrage of punches for 3 minutes in the first round? Usually round 1 is very touchy/feely timid for boxers, they have to conserve energy for 12 rounds.

Last edited:
Mayweather vs Pacquiao was a glorified sparring session....probably did more damage to boxing than good given the hype surrounding that fight. McGregor will lose....but he'll lose trying to win. For that reason and the what if factor is why people will watch this this fight.

What if factor being - what if McGregor decided to go nuts and throw throw everything he possible could in the 1st round for 3 minutes? It ****s him for the rest of the fight but he's gonna lose anyways. Has Mayweather ever copt a barrage of punches for 3 minutes in the first round? Usually round 1 is very touchy/feely timid for boxers, they have to conserve energy for 12 rounds.

Are you saying Pacquiao wasn't trying to win the fight? A lot of Mayweather's fights look that way because he's so good at what he does. Check out the below interview with Andre Berto if you haven't seen it for an insight of what Conor would be in for.

Back