News Mazda sign on

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
Great news, for we're a flyin':thumbsu:

Absolutely agree, my first car was a Mazda a nice comfortable drive, a sensible vehicle you might say. Not much to look at, rusty and dented. BUT!

A 1974 RX4 Coupe with a 13B monster Port! ( will maybe mean something to a enthusiast)

I was dating young lass from Berwick at the time so'd travel home through Dandenong , many a time a GT 351 would pull up at the lights and look at my sorry arsed Mazda. I'd give 'em a nod and yeah.

Thread needs more rotary.

JB Our Saviour

Debutant
Jun 6, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
More great work from JB, Funky Carl & Co !

Does anyone on this board still believe that we would be in a stronger position under De Rauch and his rebel ticket ?

Finally, anyone currently insured with NZI Insurance ?!!

Just4Kicks

Team Captain
Oct 21, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
1.FC Cologne
It's been a very bizarre month for our club, too much excitement, not used to all this positive news, it's very 'unNorth like'. It's usually Caro s**t talk, doom and gloom, relocation crap, no cash, poor membership blah blah blah....
Looking forward to a massive 2014, no more excuses from the team.

I do agree, it feels very weird!

I think that's a great situation. Means Mazda won't want to leave us in a hurry. Carro won't be happy. I remember when Brayshaw went on Footy Classified a long while back (was it 2009?):

Caro: 'Are you absolutely convinced that you'll have Mazda on next year?'
Brayshaw: 'yeah I am.'
Caro: 'But they do have a clause don't they? A get out clause they can use.'
Brayshaw: 'Yeah they do, but I'm very confident that they'll be there.'

And they were, they still are, and it seems they will be for a while yet.
Yeah, like any major sporting sponsor wouldn't have a get out clause:rolleyes:. God she pisses me.....oh arewgrjhmyruk.

Anywho..

Yay Mazda, don't forget to click on all the sponsors links on nmfc.com.au every now and then everbody :rainbow:

Archer_11

Premiership Player
Apr 28, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What an off season. Great time to be a member :thumbsu:

Do we get discounted Mazdas with our membership?

I also got the $500 in extras a few years back. They requested my membership number which I imagine they may cross reference (who knows).

I got a good piece of advice that you mention the special offer at the end just before the paperwork, that way the dealer will not try and count it as part of lowering the price earlier.

Gotta say I really like the Mazda car designs, it's a personal thing but I just think they're a cut above the competition in the same class. Pretty good drive too.

p.s. well done to the NMFC, bloody great work.

LT Smash

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2011
Ogdenville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is it just a coincidence that Mazda have become the 2nd most popular car make since they started sponsoring North?...........I think not!

They launched the Mazda 3 and had that model on the jumper initially - it is now Australia's top selling car model.

LT Smash

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2011
Ogdenville
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I also got the $500 in extras a few years back. They requested my membership number which I imagine they may cross reference (who knows).

I got a good piece of advice that you mention the special offer at the end just before the paperwork, that way the dealer will not try and count it as part of lowering the price earlier.

Gotta say I really like the Mazda car designs, it's a personal thing but I just think they're a cut above the competition in the same class. Pretty good drive too.

p.s. well done to the NMFC, bloody great work.

I made a mistake and went to a dealer who didn't even know Mazda sponsored North Melbourne. Got no discounts or offers. Should have gone to City Mazda.

Dec 8, 2007
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I think that's a great situation. Means Mazda won't want to leave us in a hurry. Carro won't be happy. I remember when Brayshaw went on Footy Classified a long while back (was it 2009?):

Caro: 'Are you absolutely convinced that you'll have Mazda on next year?'
Brayshaw: 'yeah I am.'
Caro: 'But they do have a clause don't they? A get out clause they can use.'
Brayshaw: 'Yeah they do, but I'm very confident that they'll be there.'

And they were, they still are, and it seems they will be for a while yet.

Yes, remember this. Around the time of jbs appearance on footy classified where he took her to task about articles she had been writing.

God she is awful. I can see her siting at home wishing failure on our club like some voodoo priestess.

When we win our next flag JB should go back on to footy classified to show her the cup and sing her the song.

hale

Team Captain
May 18, 2001
WA
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangas
My work mate is a recently naturalised Aussie, and was in the market for a new car.
Somehow I managed to talk him into buying a new Mazda3, and signing up for a 2014 NMFC membership so he could claim the NMFC Mazda Members Offer.

He's new to AFL, but showing interest, so good time to get him paying attention to North I dare say!

Full credit to Amanda in the membership dept, who lined up an interim membership (as it was before 2014 memberships were officially available) :thumbsu: I believe she also cleared it up with the dealership who told me mate they'd never heard of the deal.

It makes more sense that we are brilliant partners, but put a less positive spin on it if you like.
Jeep - Richmond
Renault - Port
Hyundai - Brisbane
VW - Sydney
all happened after Toyota took over sponsorship of the AFL.
None of those brands really compete with Toyota. Mazda actually does. And possibly Hyundai is getting to that point. The rest on this list they wouldn't care about if asked.

Orange Peanut

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
None of those brands really compete with Toyota. Mazda actually does. And possibly Hyundai is getting to that point. The rest on this list they wouldn't care about if asked.
Yeah for sure.
We're just lucky Mazda have no choice but to sponsor us really. Thank God for good fortune. :thumbsu:

Jun 25, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
JB: At the end of 2016, @MazdaAus will have been our major partner for 18 years. They've been incredibly loyal

JB: It's an alignment (with Mazda) that works for us.

Scott: It's a great coup that we've secured who I think is the best football administrator in the game, Geoff Walsh.

JB: We were sitting at about $23 million revenue in 2007. We're now at about $33 million.

JB: Our (football department) spend is significantly up on 2007

JB: We think we play the most exciting football in the competition. There's great reason for five Friday night games.

Scott: We want to condition our young side to taxing football because that's how it will be in September.

Scott: In terms of comparison to last year, any fixture would be easier than last year.

JB: It was back in the early 90's...we started talking about Good Friday football.

JB: If you came up with the idea (Good Friday football) it's got to place you at the top of the queue.

Walsh: We haven't discussed the potential All Star game at the club yet.

Walsh: From a personnel point of view, there are four people in the football department since I was last there.

Walsh: No longer do I hear the talk of 'North is a struggling club'. That was something that influenced my decision.

Scott: 43 of the 45 players on the list will be able to complete most of (Utah). That includes the draftees

Scott: If you talk to our medicos, they're thinking first half of the year for Swallow.:)

Scott: It'll be touch and go whether Majak is right for Round.

Scott: At the end of the day, our actions are going to have to do the talking.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
JB: At the end of 2016, @MazdaAus will have been our major partner for 18 years. They've been incredibly loyal

JB: It's an alignment (with Mazda) that works for us.

Scott: It's a great coup that we've secured who I think is the best football administrator in the game, Geoff Walsh.

JB: We were sitting at about $23 million revenue in 2007. We're now at about $33 million.

JB: Our (football department) spend is significantly up on 2007

JB: We think we play the most exciting football in the competition. There's great reason for five Friday night games.

Scott: We want to condition our young side to taxing football because that's how it will be in September.

Scott: In terms of comparison to last year, any fixture would be easier than last year.

JB: It was back in the early 90's...we started talking about Good Friday football.

JB: If you came up with the idea (Good Friday football) it's got to place you at the top of the queue.

Walsh: We haven't discussed the potential All Star game at the club yet.

Walsh: From a personnel point of view, there are four people in the football department since I was last there.

Walsh: No longer do I hear the talk of 'North is a struggling club'. That was something that influenced my decision.

Scott: 43 of the 45 players on the list will be able to complete most of (Utah). That includes the draftees

Scott: If you talk to our medicos, they're thinking first half of the year for Swallow.:)

Scott: It'll be touch and go whether Majak is right for Round.

Scott: At the end of the day, our actions are going to have to do the talking.

That storage capability really kicked in for you today.

Back