Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
So Bucks said Treloar was just being managed? Wow, that's a surprise. He walked laps for 40 minutes and shuffled for half a lap, before going inside. That's being managed? I saw Benny Sinclair being 'managed' like that the last 10 weeks. Hope I'm wrong.

Jul 13, 2007
Elwood
AFL Club
Collingwood
Personally I don't think Treloar will play on Sunday. Wasn't at his best last week and is clearly hampered by something (hamstring tightness like Smith?). To stay out of the entire training session is unlike him. Because he prepares beautifully the club will no doubt give him more time to recover by Sunday and are reluctant not to name him. The naming of an extra mid on the extended interchange bench is a giveaway that something is wrong with Treloar who may not play.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's suggested it's groin issues so I doubt he'll get too much better this season, even with management. I'd be looking to book him for whatever post season treatments he needs as soon as finals become mathematically impossible. Get him ready for the pre-season.

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
It's suggested it's groin issues so I doubt he'll get too much better this season, even with management. I'd be looking to book him for whatever post season treatments he needs as soon as finals become mathematically impossible. Get him ready for the pre-season.
Well that would mean we'd book him in for next week then yes?

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood

RGpies

Team Captain
Dec 4, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can anyone inform me if there will be an open training session Friday morning and at what time, or will it be thursday? Visiting Melbourne for a footy weekend so would love to see the boys train

jackcass

Cancelled
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can anyone inform me if there will be an open training session Friday morning and at what time, or will it be thursday? Visiting Melbourne for a footy weekend so would love to see the boys train

They're all open sessions, no fencing at HC.

Magpies web page suggests Thursday 10am.

AFL
Thursday 6 July - 10am at the Holden Centre

*Please note: Training times are subject to change without notice. Players may be available to sign around the boundary at the conclusion of their training session. Signing will be dependent on individual training schedules and not all players may be available.

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Training Notes: Thursday 20th July
Cold and wet 9 C.
Not training: Pendlebury and Sinclair
Limited Training: James Aish (appeared briefly, ran a few laps and went back inside)

What a shocker it was this morning; easily the most miserable weather I've endured at a training session and considering the conditions, the skills on display were very good. Why is it that even in wet and slippery training conditions, the players' ball use is always good and yet deteriorates so badly on match day? Puzzling.
Nearly all of the drills involved ball use from stoppages. Bucks supervised almost the whole session with line coaches in charge of small groups.

From the backline the players used rapid, sideways handball across the ground only kicking through the corridor once clear. Taylor Adams was, as usual, full bore at the ball. At one stage he drew laughs of delight from Daicos, Thomas and Sier, as he gathered the ball on the boundary and surrounded by defenders, handballed through their legs to a waiting team mate. It was as slick a move as I saw all morning.

At the beginning of training, Bucks called all of the players together and there was a spontaneous round of applause. Could there be a new debutant this week? Let's hope so. Could it be the man pictured below? He certainly trained strongly.

I kept a close watch on the Invisible Mr Sier this morning. Moved well as usual, but seems to have the unhappy knack of always 'being where the ball aint' as Jack Dyer used to say. Still don't have an opinion on this boy; injury has cursed him and so I hope he gets another year.

Fingers crossed for another Buckley triumph on Sunday
FullSizeRender 6.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally I don't think Treloar will play on Sunday. Wasn't at his best last week and is clearly hampered by something (hamstring tightness like Smith?). To stay out of the entire training session is unlike him. Because he prepares beautifully the club will no doubt give him more time to recover by Sunday and are reluctant not to name him. The naming of an extra mid on the extended interchange bench is a giveaway that something is wrong with Treloar who may not play.

Bucks will play him as we are still a Mathematical Chance make the Finals and Bucks can think he can save his Job still:straining:

Cold and wet 9 C.
Limited Training: James Aish (appeared briefly, ran a few laps and went back inside)

What a shocker it was this morning; easily the most miserable weather I've endured at a training session and considering the conditions, the skills on display were very good. Why is it that even in wet and slippery training conditions, the players' ball use is always good and yet deteriorates so badly on match day? Puzzling.
Nearly all of the drills involved ball use from stoppages. Bucks supervised almost the whole session with line coaches in charge of small groups.

From the backline the players used rapid, sideways handball across the ground only kicking through the corridor once clear. Taylor Adams was, as usual, full bore at the ball. At one stage he drew laughs of delight from Daicos, Thomas and Sier, as he gathered the ball on the boundary and surrounded by defenders, handballed through their legs to a waiting team mate. It was as slick a move as I saw all morning.

At the beginning of training, Bucks called all of the players together and there was a spontaneous round of applause. Could there be a new debutant this week? Let's hope so. Could it be the man pictured below? He certainly trained strongly.

I kept a close watch on the Invisible Mr Sier this morning. Moved well as usual, but seems to have the unhappy knack of always 'being where the ball aint' as Jack Dyer used to say. Still don't have an opinion on this boy; injury has cursed him and so I hope he gets another year.

View attachment 394264

Great Report Again Mate.

Sounds like Aish is Injured:'(

Mukesh

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
Kalapathar, Havelock Island
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cold and wet 9 C.

View attachment 394264

Top job Mazza...

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great report Neil.
Much appreciated

Buena

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2009
Adelaide Hills, SA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool; Brisbane Roar
Great stuff Neil. It was a miserable morning yesterday, much appreciated.

I was down there for training last week, has anyone else noticed the Nike sponsorship that has appeared around the fence at the Holden Centre? I'd never seen it before, our ISC deal was rumoured to be for only 1 year, maybe it's a sign of things to come?

Great stuff Neil. It was a miserable morning yesterday, much appreciated.

I was down there for training last week, has anyone else noticed the Nike sponsorship that has appeared around the fence at the Holden Centre? I'd never seen it before, our ISC deal was rumoured to be for only 1 year, maybe it's a sign of things to come?
Nike took over from adidas as our footwear supplier around January and the nike hoardings have been in place since the preseason; I first noticed them during our women's matches. They're certainly a lot more prominent than adidas were when we were with star though with a lot of the tights and socks worn by the players also nike. A few star products particularly socks are sometimes seen in photos too, so perhaps either ISC are a lot more lax or they don't have a full product line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back