Apples' Training Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you allow them to contact you?
Surely not by phone?
Just don’t answer known numbers. And let unknown numbers go to voicemail.
Works every time.
The state manager and the branch manager had my mobile phone and home phone numbers,
And if i did not answer there calls they would have viewed it in a dim light.
Suffice to say i no longer work there.

JollyBallsUp

Club Legend
Jan 6, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool, Barcelona, Bayern Munich
That's all true, but don't you think that we are asking too much of teenagers? What you are asking may be asked of those in high positions in professional fields, but it isn't asked of 21year old graduates. Let alone teenagers. No wonder mental health issues are on the rise.
We all demand results and the pressure that places on players and people in the workforce can have an increased effect on mental health issues. Those who are well prepared to deliver on these demands generally suffer the least.

Sep 11, 2006
MCG
AFL Club
Collingwood
Every player is given an off season training program to complete, which is tailored specifically to each player. You'll find this is a lot of gym based strength and conditioning work. More running based work would be introduced a couple of weeks before the real pre season begins.

DraftBalta

league leaders for flags won without cheating
Oct 16, 2017
In my pants
AFL Club
Collingwood
I thought I saw Kayle Kirby but it ended up being Mason Cox.
Kirb your enthusiasm

Larry_david_2002589b.jpg

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
A sensational sunny morning for training today and the players were raring to go, arriving on the track at 9:30 to prepare for the 2 km time trial.

After some stretching and some casual running, the players assembled on the Glasshouse side of the oval in readiness.

Phillips and Smith were in the lead from the start and it was obvious that they would take some beating.

After one lap, Phillips led narrowly from Smith with Aish 50 metres back with a bunch of players about 100 metres behind.

Kayle Kirby was in last place after 1 lap.

Nothing much changed in the order over the next three laps with the following finishing order and times:

1. Tom Phillips 6:08
2. Josh Smith 6:09
3. James Aish 6:36
4. Rupert Wills 6:41
5. Brayden Maynard 6:42
6. Brayden Sier 6:48
7. Tom Langdon 6:52
8. Jackson Ramsay 7:00
9. Matthew Sharenberg 7:00
10. Mason Cox 7:01
11. Darcy Moore 7:04
12. Josh Daicos 7:05
13. Sam McLarty 7:17
14. Kayle Kirby 8:05

A few observations:

•Adam Oxley and Jackson Ramsay were both on the track this morning. Oxley did not run the time trial, but Ramsay did.
•Also not doing the time trial: Jordan DeGoey, Callum Brown, Max Lynch, Chris Mayne, Levi Greenwood.
•Anthony Rocca was participating and so I assume he accepted the part-time position that was offered.

Spoke to a few players about their preparations and gleaned the following:

Tom Phillips: Tom said he’s had a bit of a break because he needed to stop for a while, but did a run in India for charity. He feels like he has come back in pretty good shape. He said all players were mailed an individual training programme after a month or so and that all players were expected to maintain as best they could.
“There’s no point getting back to the club unfit, it just doesn’t work that way. You don’t want to be doing too much either, there’s no point coming back already stuffed.

Tom was also keen to discuss a podcast that he is involved in with a few friends. It’s a wide ranging sort of thing he said. He showed me how to access the site in the Apple Podcast app. It’s called 'The Boardroom' and Tom is happy for people to listen and to follow.

Kayle Kirby: Kale signed a few autographs and looked in pretty good shape considering the very tough session he’d just completed.
Neil: How do you feel after that time trial Kayle?
KK: Pretty stuffed but I did it and so that’s good.
Neil: You look in pretty good shape compared to last year.
KK: Last year was really tough so I’m much better this time.

I was lucky to get this out of Kayle who seems a very quiet and shy young man.

Earlier in the café, I was confronted by Geoff Walsh who asked who I was working with.
Neil: Working with? I’m a supporter. I’m here all the time. I write training reports for Big Footy.
GW: Big Footy?
Neil: (laughing) Why, did you think I was a spy?
GW: (snarling) I’d throw you straight out if you were. He then walked off.

That’s what I call a disappointing encounter. He saw me outside later talking to supporters and players and made no effort to apologise. That left a sour taste.

After the time trial, the players were put through a pretty gruelling session, which lasted for over two hours. A lot of the drills involved sharp handballing and kicking skills.

One drill, the Midfield Stoppage drill, was particularly gruelling with two teams pitted against each other; Red v Black. The players moved from one end to the other in this drill with no let up.

Red: Mason Cox (ruck), Maynard, Wills, Aish, Kirby, Smith
Black: Darcy Moore (ruck), Daicos, Langdon, Mayne, Greenwood Ramsay

Players left the arena at 11:45.
The next time trial will be in two weeks featuring the full list.

Interesting that Ramsay was out there. The club looking to rookie him along with Ox maybe? I hope so because I think he was pretty stiff to be cut only 12 months after a knee reco when he’d shown really good signs previously.

Yes, it does seem that way Dave. I did ask a few people but nobody would talk. I got the impression that Jackson will be back, but one person 'in the know' didn't want to say anything. All a bit odd.

Workers be told to not to say anything about the Club as they could get Fired. They don't want our Draft Plans to be Told so Other Clubs would not Find Out our Plans

Well Ramsey Training at the Club. Kind of give it Away.

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Geez Walsh must be a Pretty Bad Mood IF he gets Pissed at Fans for Being at Training
I was in the cafe cooling off, but had my binoculars with me and was dictating the training report into my phone. He obviously thought I might be working for another club, but he could easily have approached me with some manners. Sigh.

I was in the cafe cooling off, but had my binoculars with me and was dictating the training report into my phone. He obviously thought I might be working for another club, but he could easily have approached me with some manners. Sigh.

Agree. Does not make Fans like the Club and Him.

I hope he was in a Bad Mood for Some Other Reason

Kilmo

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
AFL Club
Collingwood
It sounds like they plan on taking Ramma in the rookie draft but don't want to commit to him in case there's someone they have higher on their draft board still available.

They have outwardly committed to Oxley, however, so they will definitely take him. Probably because he has a year left, whereas Ramma is out of contract.

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have to understand that Geoff Walsh probably saw someone he didn't know taking notes, binoculars, stop watch or whatever... not what the average supporter does. And that's that, you're not the average supporter Mazzarjo.

Not sure if I'm happier about Sier's performance or Wills! Or Cox beating Moore etc?

But anyway... Thanks for the report! Awesome.

#sackwalsh

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Have to understand that Geoff Walsh probably saw someone he didn't know taking notes, binoculars, stop watch or whatever... not what the average supporter does. And that's that, you're not the average supporter Mazzarjo.

Not sure if I'm happier about Sier's performance or Wills! Or Cox beating Moore etc?

But anyway... Thanks for the report! Awesome.

#sackwalsh
Your correct unplugged in so much as the suspicion is fully justified.
The response and attitude afterwards not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back