Apples' Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grain of salt but Matt Thompson just tweeted that the club has said the scans are just precautionary. Wonder if it’s a flare up of his previous ankle or back issue?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Club tweeted the same thing. They are precautionary scans to make sure he's set for pre-season training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
Uhhhh... anyone know what happened?

Nothing apparently, precautionary scans to see where previous injuries are at before he starts training next Monday according to the report.

ottoman

Norm Smith Medallist
May 13, 2014
Istanbul
AFL Club
Collingwood
What is unrealistic about expecting a guy that’s spent 12 months in the system running an acceptable time trial time? Over 8 mins is suburban football standard. I’m not going to speculate on his future in the game, but that time is poor with all the access he has to facilities, staff and resources in general.
Agree one million percent with this.
I am one of the many on here who has developed a healthy dose of man love for the Kirbs but let's not bullsh*t ourselves here. After a year in an elite system if he was truly putting in the hard yards he would be much fitter than this.
I'm a middle age guy and I reckon if I had access to the resources he had that within a year I would be running better times than that.
The human body responds very quickly to fitness work, especially at his age.
Yes he is much better than last year but I would speculate that he is not the most disciplined person at the moment. He is still young and this can obviously change.

Oct 14, 2015
Free State NSW
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jamie probably just threw his back out pissing into the wheelie bin a couple of weeks ago o_O

Most likely DinoSaur - so many ways you can hurt yourself just being a guy.

Was playing golf at Ballan with my cousin when we were both aged abut thirteen. Anyway, my cousin, who was a better golfer but a little dim, decided to piss into the golfball cleaner. Mid slash, the horizon was no longer clear, and a green keeper yelled and startled him. Cousin stumble-tripped forward and hurt himself.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Another example of how poorly run this club is. Clearly, better luck awaits in 2018. Why the f*** are we in training now? s**t club.

Christ it must suck being this angry all the time. No wonder people on other sites make fun of BigFooty when it throws up this kind of hyperbole.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back