Apples' Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like the theory

I have a bottle of Shane Woewodin Melbourne port at home. Used to have a bet with a Melb supporter for a bottle of wine each time we played. When we beat them after Woey had come to us he gave me that for the win even after I told him I didn't think it qualified on the basis of a good quality red

I haven't worked out a good use for it yet.

It's only really good for one year and then it turns to water.

Like the theory

I have a bottle of Shane Woewodin Melbourne port at home. Used to have a bet with a Melb supporter for a bottle of wine each time we played. When we beat them after Woey had come to us he gave me that for the win even after I told him I didn't think it qualified on the basis of a good quality red

Drainage cleaner.

Apparently it's okay to clean silverware with.
My Mum got a Colliwobble Port in 1982 to piss Dad off... It sat on a shelf in their house, then mine until about 2007 or so when out of curiosity the good lady and i popped it open....my word... What ever it was it aged beyond belief!!! Amazing complexity! Much like the ups and downs of following this great club!!!

Nice to hear Murphy is looking the goods. I can't help but think that Murphy and Stephenson could turn into a Pendles Daisy like combination. One with speed and xfactor and another who plays clean and clinical. Here's hoping.

Apologies if I have missed it but just wondering how Tyler Brown is traveling? What position is he playing during match practices drills?
I don't think he's doing any specific training meaning he's not seen as being a first picked 22 player just yet. I assume they will play him off the wing or around the centre of the ground in the VFL this year. He's very skinny and belongs in the VFL until he can put some weight on.

Like the theory

Use it to caramelise onions. Works a treat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he's doing any specific training meaning he's not seen as being a first picked 22 player just yet. I assume they will play him off the wing or around the centre of the ground in the VFL this year. He's very skinny and belongs in the VFL until he can put some weight on.

Fair enough. Just seems a bit weird for a father son to be flying under the radar, especially for this board. ;)

Personally when I go to training sessions, you know who the Collingwood people are and those are the ones you generally talk to. Also when I post on a public forum like this one I'm careful what I post and don't post anything that someone in the media who's at the ground, wouldn't be seeing the same things as myself. Also to point out, there can't be any closed training sessions at Holden centre because the ground isn't closed off, so the only closed sessions are indoors.

Personally when I go to training sessions, you know who the Collingwood people are and those are the ones you generally talk to. Also when I post on a public forum like this one I'm careful what I post and don't post anything that someone in the media who's at the ground, wouldn't be seeing the same things as myself. Also to point out, there can't be any closed training sessions at Holden centre because the ground isn't closed off, so the only closed sessions are indoors.

Well the Club would not know that you are just a Collingwood Fans that post stuff on a Forum?

So now that the De Goey sentence has been handed down can we go back to talking about football? Anyone see training today?

Just bit behind Jurno's on the News

TRAINING REPORT: THURSDAY MAY 31, 2018

A confluence of events has prevented my attending training these last few months, so it was fantastic to get down to Olympic park this morning. The weather was cool and windy (12C), but the weak sunshine kept us from feeling too uncomfortable.
Not Training:
Tim Broomhead: turned up on the sidelines for a chat and then went back inside for his rehab. Pleased to report he’s had a haircut; I almost didn’t recognise him. Speaking of hair styles, Adam Oxley has gone ‘total bogan’ with a blonde rat-tail hair style.
Alex Fasolo: not sighted
Ben Reid: not sighted

Limited Training:

Darcy Moore: ran a few laps, but didn’t extend himself. Won’t see him until after the bye.
Jamie Elliott – ran a slow lap with Moore and then disappeared inside. Appeared to be miles away from a return.
Nathan Murphy: trained alone – concentrated on 100m sprints. Ran at close to full pace. Not far away.
Josh Smith: trained alone. Says he won’t be ready until two weeks after the bye.
Brayden Sier: ran slow laps and half laps at moderate pace. He says he doesn’t think he’ll be back until after the bye.
Travis Varcoe: did light running.
Kale Kirby: did all the drills
Tom Langdon: did limited work. Did some 100 metre work.

It was a fairly light session today with the players rotating through a number of drills. We concentrated on the in-close drill where a player had to retrieve a ground ball under extreme pressure and then attempt to legally dispose of it. Two ‘bufferers’ holding pads, hit the player as he was tackled. For the tacklers emphasis was on legal tackles to a player bending low to retrieve the ball. For the ball winner, they attempted to evade the tackle and handball head high.

Brayden Maynard and Daniel Wells completed training without issues and so would expect them both to be selected.

Daics, DeGoey, Treloar and Wills were very sharp. Wills stayed on the ground after most of the players had left, doing a drill to retrieve ground balls. He was closely watch by Rivers and Harvey. I noted to my partner, that Wills seemed to have slimmed down. He’s broad in the shoulders and chest, but appeared quite slim through the hips and legs. Perhaps it was the tights; all of the players wearing tights appeared slimmer than on match day.
Likewise, Sharenberg did closely supervised ground work for ten minutes after the other players had exited.

On the walk across to Jolimont, my partner said he would be surprised if Maynard were to replace Appleby. Maynard, he reckons, wasn’t all that impressive on the track, whereas, Appleby was like a terrier.

Speaking of Appleby, I’d assumed his nick-name would be ‘Apples’; any Appleby I know has that nickname, but this is not what Robert Harvey calls him. Three times Harvey referred to him as ‘Pretty Boy’.

You can probably read too much into character from brief chats to players, but there are a couple of blokes who routinely spend time courteously addressing supporters. Daicos, Phillips, Appleby, Smith, Grundy and Blairy always acknowledge Lorraine and her sidekicks. Mason Cox shouted his greeting this morning; he’s a real character. A couple of the players routinely ignore supporters as is their right; these are the same blokes who seem to have poor reputations from inside the club.

Happy to try to answer any questions you may have.

••We made a 30-minute video of training today. I’m not sure how I can post this so that you can view it. This was a first try, but am willing to post if anybody can provide a few tips. I don't have Facebook.
Neil

A confluence of events has prevented my attending training these last few months, so it was fantastic to get down to Olympic park this morning. The weather was cool and windy (12C), but the weak sunshine kept us from feeling too uncomfortable.
Not Training:
Tim Broomhead: turned up on the sidelines for a chat and then went back inside for his rehab. Pleased to report he’s had a haircut; I almost didn’t recognise him. Speaking of hair styles, Adam Oxley has gone ‘total bogan’ with a blonde rat-tail hair style.

Limited Training:

Darcy Moore: ran a few laps, but didn’t extend himself. Won’t see him until after the bye.
Jamie Elliott – ran a slow lap with Moore and then disappeared inside. Appeared to be miles away from a return.
Nathan Murphy: trained alone – concentrated on 100m sprints. Ran at close to full pace. Not far away.
Josh Smith: trained alone. Says he won’t be ready until two weeks after the bye.
Brayden Sier: ran slow laps and half laps at moderate pace. He says he doesn’t think he’ll be back until after the bye.

It was a fairly light session today with the players rotating through a number of drills. We concentrated on the in-close drill where a player had to retrieve a ground ball under extreme pressure and then attempt to legally dispose of it. Two ‘bufferers’ holding pads, hit the player as he was tackled. For the tacklers emphasis was on legal tackles to a player bending low to retrieve the ball. For the ball winner, they attempted to evade the tackle and handball head high.

Brayden Maynard and Daniel Wells completed training without issues and so would expect them both to be selected.

Daics, DeGoey, Treloar and Wills were very sharp. Wills stayed on the ground after most of the players had left, doing a drill to retrieve ground balls. He was closely watch by Rivers and Harvey. I noted to my partner, that Wills seemed to have slimmed down. He’s broad in the shoulders and chest, but appeared quite slim through the hips and legs. Perhaps it was the tights; all of the players wearing tights appeared slimmer than on match day.
Likewise, Sharenberg did closely supervised ground work for ten minutes after the other players had exited.

On the walk across to Jolimont, my partner said he would be surprised if Maynard were to replace Appleby. Maynard, he reckons, wasn’t all that impressive on the track, whereas, Appleby was like a terrier.

Speaking of Appleby, I’d assumed his nick-name would be ‘Apples’; any Appleby I know has that nickname, but this is not what Robert Harvey calls him. Three times Harvey referred to him as ‘Pretty Boy’.

You can probably read too much into character from brief chats to players, but there are a couple of blokes who routinely spend time courteously addressing supporters. Daicos, Phillips, Appleby, Smith, Grundy and Blairy always acknowledge Lorraine and her sidekicks. Mason Cox shouted his greeting this morning; he’s a real character. A couple of the players routinely ignore supporters as is their right; these are the same blokes who seem to have poor reputations from inside the club.

••We made a 30-minute video of training today. I’m not sure how I can post this so that you can view it. This was a first try, but am willing to post if anybody can provide a few tips. I don't have Facebook.
Neil

Thanks Neil!! I’ve missed these reports. Interesting to hear that Ben Reid missed training, but that explains Mihocek’s call up.

Have you tried uploading it to YouTube? Probably best, then link it to us.

Apples thanks for the report.

Going by that Reid is the out for Mihocek.

Not Training:

Limited Training:

Neil
Who are the ones that routinely ignore?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back