Apples' Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmac70 would want beer
You want bear.

I want the polar bear let loose to eat those horrid blues.
If Carlton beat us on Sunday I will bare my bear sized arse in Bourke st whilst drinking a beer.

If Carlton beat us on Sunday I will bare my bear sized arse in Bourke st whilst drinking a beer.
If that’s not motivation to the boys don’t know what is?

Yes Dave, I did take video today. I concentrated on Sier, Wills and a few others returning from injury. It will be up after my dinner guests depart later tonight.

Cool.

Great Report Again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Training Report: Thursday June 21, 2018

Weather: Cold & Sunny 10
What a sensational morning for training; sunny and still and the players really appeared to enjoy themselves.
Not Training:
Broomhead, Wells
Limited Training:
Aish, Reid, Fasolo
*Murray left the track ill; apparently suffering from a virus.

Jaimie Elliott:

The very heartening aspect of training today was the form of Jaimie Elliott. Jaimie took part in all of the drills and looks almost ready to play. At the press conference at midday, Bucks suggested that they’d probably give him two more weeks of training to see how he measured up and then bring him up to match fitness in the VFL.
Ben Reid:
Didn’t join the main group in any drills. He and a trainer ran 100m sprints on the outer side. It looks like they are being very conservative with Reid. Wouldn’t expect to see him inside a few weeks and like Elliott, would return through the VFL.
Alex Fasolo:
Didn’t join any drills. Ran laps for an hour or so. I don’t think Alex will be ready before August if today was any indication.
Rupert Wills:
Trained very well. Inside work and tackling was ferocious. This week for Rupert?
Brayden Sier:
It’s interesting to watch Brayden at training this year. Last year he was always on the perimeter looking in. He was quiet and reserved and, as I observed a few times, just didn’t get a lot of the ball. This year he appears very confident, is more outgoing and verbal and uses his body well in close. Could he debut this week? He did everything asked of him on the track. Brayden says the nickname ‘Bear’ comes from childhood and followed him to the club. He wore gold studs on each side of his nose.
Darcy Moore:
Good to see Darcy take part in all of the drills. Flew for marks, did the sprints and tackled well. Not far away.
Josh Smith:
Looks to be close. I’d expect they’ll give him a few more weeks on the track before he starts back in the VFL.
Nathan Murray:
Did the warm ups with his training buddy Jaidyn Stephenson. Beautiful user of the ball, particularly on his right. He’s poised and balanced in everything he does. I’d love to see him make his debut this year. Fingers crossed.

The Buckley Press Conference:

•Negotiations have begun with Jordan DeGoey. That’s all Bucks was prepared say.
DeGoey will spend the remainder of the season between midfield and forward. It depends on the balance required.
Wells: He has had surgery and now we wait for the dust to settle. The reality sets in for Wellsy in the next couple of weeks.

Bucks was asked a question from a journo about Will H-E. Bucks was effusive in his praise. I’ve not heard Bucks speak this way very often. He’s clearly delighted.
“He’s really young even though he’s been around a while. He has a lot of his football journey left ahead of him, and he’s as excited and as positive about that as we are.”
“He’s grown into his position, is confident in his ability, is a fantastic person around the club and is very popular with his team-mates.”

Elliott, Fasolo, Smith, Reid, Moore: Bucks said all of these boys would be taken slowly. “Most, probably all of them, will work their way back through the VFL. This hasn’t always happened in the past. Our list is such that we don’t have to rush these boys back.”

•Jaidyn Stephenson left the track early. He didn’t appear to be injured.

•Josh Thomas wore a heavy icepack on his hamstring when the players went into the communal lunch.

View attachment 515591 View attachment 515592 View attachment 515593 View attachment 515594 View attachment 515595 View attachment 515596 View attachment 515597 View attachment 515598 View attachment 515599
Great report.
Very much appreciated.

What a sensational morning for training; sunny and still and the players really appeared to enjoy themselves.
Not Training:
Broomhead, Wells
Limited Training:
Aish, Reid, Fasolo

Jaimie Elliott:

The very heartening aspect of training today was the form of Jaimie Elliott. Jaimie took part in all of the drills and looks almost ready to play. At the press conference at midday, Bucks suggested that they’d probably give him two more weeks of training to see how he measured up and then bring him up to match fitness in the VFL.
Ben Reid:
Didn’t join the main group in any drills. He and a trainer ran 100m sprints on the outer side. It looks like they are being very conservative with Reid. Wouldn’t expect to see him inside a few weeks and like Elliott, would return through the VFL.
Alex Fasolo:
Didn’t join any drills. Ran laps for an hour or so. I don’t think Alex will be ready before August if today was any indication.
Rupert Wills:
Trained very well. Inside work and tackling was ferocious. This week for Rupert?
Brayden Sier:
It’s interesting to watch Brayden at training this year. Last year he was always on the perimeter looking in. He was quiet and reserved and, as I observed a few times, just didn’t get a lot of the ball. This year he appears very confident, is more outgoing and verbal and uses his body well in close. Could he debut this week? He did everything asked of him on the track. Brayden says the nickname ‘Bear’ comes from childhood and followed him to the club. He wore gold studs on each side of his nose.
Darcy Moore:
Good to see Darcy take part in all of the drills. Flew for marks, did the sprints and tackled well. Not far away.
Josh Smith:
Looks to be close. I’d expect they’ll give him a few more weeks on the track before he starts back in the VFL.
Nathan Murray:
Did the warm ups with his training buddy Jaidyn Stephenson. Beautiful user of the ball, particularly on his right. He’s poised and balanced in everything he does. I’d love to see him make his debut this year. Fingers crossed.

DeGoey will spend the remainder of the season between midfield and forward. It depends on the balance required.
Wells: He has had surgery and now we wait for the dust to settle. The reality sets in for Wellsy in the next couple of weeks.

Bucks was asked a question from a journo about Will H-E. Bucks was effusive in his praise. I’ve not heard Bucks speak this way very often. He’s clearly delighted.
“He’s really young even though he’s been around a while. He has a lot of his football journey left ahead of him, and he’s as excited and as positive about that as we are.”
“He’s grown into his position, is confident in his ability, is a fantastic person around the club and is very popular with his team-mates.”

Elliott, Fasolo, Smith, Reid, Moore: Bucks said all of these boys would be taken slowly. “Most, probably all of them, will work their way back through the VFL. This hasn’t always happened in the past. Our list is such that we don’t have to rush these boys back.”

•Josh Thomas wore a heavy icepack on his hamstring when the players went into the communal lunch.

View attachment 515591 View attachment 515592 View attachment 515593 View attachment 515594 View attachment 515595 View attachment 515596 View attachment 515597 View attachment 515598 View attachment 515599
Sorry to be picky but i have some experience.

Jaimie = female
Jamie = male

Not Training:
Broomhead, Wells
Limited Training:
Aish, Reid, Fasolo

Jaimie Elliott:

Ben Reid:
Alex Fasolo:
Rupert Wills:
Brayden Sier:
Darcy Moore:
Josh Smith:
Nathan Murray:

Great report, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back