Strategy MCC Grand Final Day Queue

When will you queue up at the MCC (Gate 2)

• I'm already in line

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Friday morning

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Friday afternoon

• Friday evening

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Midnight - 2am

• 2am - 4am

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • 5am - 6am

Votes: 10 23.8%
  • 6am - 8am

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • After the gates open (I also like to live, dangerously!)

Votes: 9 21.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Can anyone provide an update of the queue?
Tiny... about 100 people, front section still open.

I'm outside gate 3, waiting for 360 live to start. My mate will be here in about 20-30min and we'll queue up then.

Think people are starting to wander over now the festival has closed (except for the 360 show)

Tiny... about 100 people, front section still open.

I'm outside gate 3, waiting for 360 live to start. My mate will be here in about 20-30min and we'll queue up then.

Think people are starting to wander over now the festival has closed (except for the 360 show)

Any update on how many people at gate 2 (mcc)?

Any update on how many people at gate 2 (mcc)?
Front section closed, where I am with about 200ish... fairly spaced out (swags, chairs, sleeping bags). I'll checkout the queue behind us shortly.

How's level 4 looking? Any chance of restricted members getting in?

I'd say no chance. It's hard to tell because everyone's taking their reserved seat card and then scanning out and going back home. So its empty. But mostly full you'd say. There was only level 4 seating left when I got inside at 8:20

I'd say no chance. It's hard to tell because everyone's taking their reserved seat card and then scanning out and going back home. So its empty. But mostly full you'd say. There was only level 4 seating left when I got inside at 8:20
Last two rows all that's left I'm told.

Cheers. Got a seat through the richmond members ballot but if restricted were let in I could get it to a mate. Oh well!

N48, front row seats! Right in front of the coaches box. But the count down clock is slightly obscured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the Tigers back in the GF, wondering what the MCC Tiger members strategy is for the queue this year. I missed on the ballot so I'm aiming to get there between 5-6am but if we were playing the Pies I was going to arrive at 2am. Hoping that the GWS lack of supporters makes getting an unreserved seat easier.

Hey Guy's I need some feedback from others that have been through the process.
I'm a MCC provisional member and have been for 2 years and it was indicated to me that it's approx another 5 year wait until I hit restricted membership.
Once I hit restricted I have to wait 10 years until full membership.
Not to mention the 19 years I already waited to get the provisional membership.

Some members have been lucky and recieved it earlier, does the timeframe sound right?

Thanks

Just got an email from the MCC saying restricted members could be offered a ticket on Saturday morning. It's great they're really getting serious about making sure the ground is full. I already have a ticket on my Richmond membership and am looking for another for my Girlfriend but this will be my fallback option. Hopefully this is the option because at $165 its the best deal in town!

I'm a MCC provisional member and have been for 2 years and it was indicated to me that it's approx another 5 year wait until I hit restricted membership.

Some members have been lucky and recieved it earlier, does the timeframe sound right?

Thanks
Sounds pretty much right I’m afraid. I’ve been a restricted member for 7-8 years and I’ve probably still got 3-5 before I reach full membership. And I was lucky in that I got restricted when I was 17!

My only hope of going along sat at this stage is to hope they release some tickets for restricted members to buy some time Saturday morning.

Thanks
I was signed up at birth, got accepted for my restricted membership when i was 12, i wasnt allowed to receive it till i was 15 as per the mcc rules. I'm now 27 and still restricted and wont receive my full for about another 3-4 years, as by this link i posted here they only upgrade 3 months worth of waiting list nominations each year. Its really not abig deal however except for the GF, can attend any other event easily as restricted.

Thanks

It’s got more to do with when you initially nominated for membership rather than how long you have been a provisional member. Currently they are looking at converting provisional to restricted for those who nominated sometime in 1998.

Because of the introduction of provisional membership they convert far fewer people to restricted than in the past. We’ve been monitoring pretty closely as we have family on the verge of restricted membership and they nominated Aug 1998.

Last edited:

Thanks
I would say about another 2/3/4 years for restricted and 14/15 for full membership once you get restricted
Sounds pretty much right I’m afraid. I’ve been a restricted member for 7-8 years and I’ve probably still got 3-5 before I reach full membership. And I was lucky in that I got restricted when I was 17!

My only hope of going along sat at this stage is to hope they release some tickets for restricted members to buy some time Saturday morning.
It's a longer wait than that to go from restricted to full membership. This year they upgraded restricted members nominated in a three-month window from 1 June to 31 August 1991. They've been doing the three-month groups for the last few years, which makes it another 16 years from now for me (nommed June 1995, became restricted 2011), so 24 years to go from restricted to full.

I think it's only five or so years to go from provisional to restricted but that will have to blow out too you'd think.

Here now. I'm not a morning person, so I find it much better to sleep under the stars. Plus I'm going to sit here and work on my laptop for a few hours. Weather is great!

Back