Opinion MCC membership - is it worth it?

Remove this Banner Ad

And are there any restrictions around the members only areas, i.e. Second and third levels??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Red stripers only on level 2 and 3.

I have lost a bit of time for the AFL and been a bit disenchanted by Essendon for obvious reasons, however i still go to the footy most weeks. Its the social outing (read* cheap pints) that i really enjoy.

You end up going to some cracker games that you never normally would, in recent years the port hawthorn prelim had the frank grey smith bar jumping up and down and i just rolled in before the bounce.

Just got the offer in the mail - its $495 to join the MCC, then another $508 for the 2015/2016 season.
Just wondering if I should do this or not. Not real flush at the moment but I'll be able to scrape the $$ together somehow..Anyway just had a look at the fixture & we play 8 games at the G this year - so i guess if you go to every game, plus a couple of days of tests and other events - soccer etc then it is kind of worth it. If I went to 12 events it would work out I pay $42 entry each time at $508 a year. I live in East Keilor though so its a fair old hike in there and back. But I guess at $42 a shot its pretty good given the seats - opportunity to take guests etc etc...
Anyone a member - any thoughts? Also anyone know how long after I get the provisional membership it would take to get full and what i miss out on as a provisional member..??
Thanks in advance ;)
I'm in this situation now. And because i was offered it in 2018 without realising and Dad forgetting to update his address I have to pay for 2 years of the membership plus joining fee. And the Bulldogs only play 2 games at the MCG next year.

I'm in this situation now. And because i was offered it in 2018 without realising and Dad forgetting to update his address I have to pay for 2 years of the membership plus joining fee. And the Bulldogs only play 2 games at the MCG next year.

If you go to neutral games, finals, or cricket, then it's worthwhile. If not then you have to weigh up whether you have the spare cash to keep it even if you don't use it much. Keeping in mind that if you don't take, you'll likely never get it again.

I go to Grand Final day, this year I made it home for richmonds lap on t,v. Two of those hawthorn ones I was on the train at halftime. The w.coast collingwood one was an absolute privilege to be at and made the very poor ones worth the money.
I never walk out on Essendon, but when it's not my boys and it's an absolute s**t show like this years, I'm out, it's a funny experience leaving games early. Just not Essendon though.
MCC is my insurance in case we make another one. I know an EFC upgrade would get me in but I already shove shitloads into Ess. We don't look like coming close to a GF, let alone winning a final, but I live in hope.
I've seen four thanks to the MCC membership, 84/85 thanks to Dad who got me in on a Ladies ticket !! (Kids under a certain age got in on this ticket back then)
Im desperate for another one. For the people who haven't experienced one, the people who have stuck like glue through the shambles that was the drug thing and for my young fella to experience it.
MCC, well bloody worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back