MCC Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Celtics/Bills/Tottenham/Red Sox
Hey, I'm 18 and sadly i'm not on the MCC waiting list. I want to get on it, but was wondering if you guys think it's worth it since the Dogs don't play many games at the G and I heard that you aren't guaranteed to get a seat for the Grand Final. For those who are members how did you find a proposer and seconder as I don't know anyone who could sign for me.

Runyon

Senior List
Sep 27, 2006
yarraville
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
While I am not a member of the MCC my wife and her family all are so I have been inside many times and even dined a few times. Personally I think the whole MCC membership is over rated for a number of reasons but the biggest one is we do not play there often enough. Also there are ballots for seats for the big games like ANZAC day and the Grand final. All men need to wear a collar on their shirt - I don't know why. It is expensive to maintain your membership and the view of the game is no better than the other side of ground. Also, if you plan on attending a game where there is likely to be a big crowd you need to arrive early to get a decent seat. Only a few seats are reserved for each game and those are for the diners. Dining in the members is also expensive however full strength beer in a glass is available, albeit, overpriced and must be consumed with in the bar areas which is fair enough. For the money you pay you'd be better off buying a high level membership at the Dogs and watch them almost every week. On top of all that there are only a handful of Bulldogs supporters in the members so you will be by yourself alot of the time and surrounded by Supporters from Collingwood, Essendon, Carlton, Hawthorn and Melbourne - all of them are hard work when they are winning. Indeed I have nearly been thrown out of s few games because of my enthusiastic encouragement of the Dogs.
Join if you want but you'll be waiting 20 years and wasting your money.

Apr 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Does any of the money you pay for MCC membership go towards the club you support?

I'm getting an 11 game Bulldog membership this year for reserved seating on Level 2, but do most people that have MCC membership also have memberships at the clubs they support?

Does anyone know how I can go about finding people who are MCC members to sign the form?

Runyon

Senior List
Sep 27, 2006
yarraville
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
None of the MCC money goes to the club you support unless its Melbourne. My in laws buy club memberships as well as MCC memberships just so they can say they support the Pies as well as gain access to Collingwood games at the Dome.
As far as finding people to propose and second you I don't know how that happens. It has been offered to me but I turned it down because there is no value for money.
Also members of the MCC tend to be consverative liberal party voters. These are the types that have lead us into the economic shitstorm we are currently in.

angry steve

Team Captain
Jul 7, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Boston Celtics
I am a MCC (as well as a Western Bulldogs) member. I live in Richmond and therefore am quite close to the G and get to go regulary.

Obviously the Doggies rarely play at the MCG, but I more than get my annual fee's worth by going to practically every AFL finals game at the ground, the AFL GF, the 1st and 2nd day of the Test match and roughly 10-15 non Bulldogs AFL games during the H&A season.

Big events like the AFL GF are balloted, but over half the seats in the member's reserve are allocated for "walk-ups" (which is what I choose to do), which basically means getting up at 5am-6am to get brilliant seats on the wing.

The waiting list is definitely long, but in my opinion a full membership is very much worth it if you're able to get to a decent amount of games/events at the ground. Having said that, if you don't live in the Melbourne area, there are memberships with a much lower annual fee too...

acker

Norm Smith Medallist
May 5, 2005
Riverina
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bulldogs
As far as finding people to propose and second you I don't know how that happens. It has been offered to me but I turned it down because there is no value for money.

Yeah you would have been able to get nominated and seconded by your inlaws.

Starting from scratch the Original Poster may find that tough unless they know someone, I doubt that it's like a pokie club where the doorman will nominate and second your membership application, there and then on the spot.

doggies

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Toorak
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Old Xavs FC
Without doubt, it is the best valued membership in the world, no question about it. I was fortunate to be put down at birth, so I got in when I was 15.
It only cost me $380 odd per year...5 days of the Boxing Day test, AFL Finals (including grand final), plus Soccer Internationals and Rugby Union Tests. That's already 2K of value just there. That fact that you also don't have to worry about tickets is also a massive plus.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
How did you guys go about finding a proposer and seconder? If I asked anyone who is an MCC member do you think they would sign for me?

I was lucky enough to have a very friendly next door neighbour, and my Dad went with him to the G one day in 1982 and he signed me up as a 12-month-old.

I've been a member for about ten years now.

P.S. I would have no problem seconding any MCC membership request.

Apr 19, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I was lucky enough to have a very friendly next door neighbour, and my Dad went with him to the G one day in 1982 and he signed me up as a 12-month-old.

I've been a member for about ten years now.

P.S. I would have no problem seconding any MCC membership request.

Is someone supposed to be of a particular membership level to be a proposer?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D Mitchell

Premiership Player
Jul 28, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Football Club
How did you guys go about finding a proposer and seconder? If I asked anyone who is an MCC member do you think they would sign for me?
Antj, go to the mcc website. You'll find that they are advertising for people to join. The committee will organise a proposer and seconder for you. The MCC needs members to pay off the new stands. Times have changed, and so has the demographics of MCC members.

CW90WA

Draftee
Sep 18, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Would anyone be willing to be a proposer or seconder for my application for membership to the MCC?

I would really appreciate it

Jan 13, 2011
Child of Ghaia
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A new category of membership has just been approved for MCC.

http://www.mcc.org.au/News/Latest News/2015/September/Provisional ballot result.aspx
At the MCC Annual General Meeting on August 12, we put forward a proposal to change the rules to allow for an additional category of membership to address our growing waiting list.

The proposal was approved by Full members at the meeting, with 70.49 per cent voting in favour. However, 30 members who attended the meeting requested, in accordance with the Club Rules, that the changes be put to the Full membership for consideration by postal vote.

Voting closed on Friday September 11 and the ballot papers have been counted by the Returning Officer from Computershare.
Of the 18,719 votes cast, the results were as follows:

For 67.1 per cent
Against 32.9 per cent

The motion was supported by more than 50 per cent of votes and was therefore successful.

The motion removes a rule that required at least 60 per cent of the club to be Full members. The removal of this rule now allows for the introduction of a third tier of membership, to be called Provisional, without needing to correspondingly increase the number of Full members.
We are now in a position to offer Provisional membership for the 2015/16 season to those on the waiting list in order of nomination, as routinely occurs annually for intakes of Restricted and Full members.

CW90WA

Draftee
Sep 18, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks for the help guys. I still need two members to help me out though. If anyone could help me I would really appreciate it

TMoney22

Premiership Player
Sep 15, 2010
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Utah Jazz, San Jose Sharks
My old man signed me up when I was young and I was able to get it when I was 19 or 20. Sadly no way I could afford that while at uni. Sucks you can't wait a few years.

Now I'd pay for it in a heart beat. To the op. Sign up now and when your 40 things may have changed.

BusyLoz

Draftee
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hello
Wanting to secure a MCC membership for my son of 6 months. Would any full members be willing help out as proposer and seconded? Big thanks!

BusyLoz

Draftee
Sep 24, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Hello
Wanting to secure a MCC membership for my son of 6 months. Would any full members be willing help out as proposer and seconded? Big thanks!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back