Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Oct 3, 2002
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
I mean really, now the leaks come out and they try and blame Palin for their loss. I mean FFS

YOU CHOSE HER YOU STUPID OLD MAN, THE FACT SHE WAS A DUD IS YOUR FAULT!!!!!

Palin was the biggest indication that he was not fit to govern, just a stupid prick, out of touch, desperate and looking for gimmicks rather than substance.

I agree. There were far better candidates for VP than Sarah Palin. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota is a major example. I'm not saying they would have won with him on the ticket but I think the race would have been far more competitive.

McCain totally screwed up and he is the one who should carry the can.

I mean really, now the leaks come out and they try and blame Palin for their loss. I mean FFS

Palin was the biggest indication that he was not fit to govern, just a stupid prick, out of touch, desperate and looking for gimmicks rather than substance.

Not so sure he did choose her.

But your point stands in that it was up to McCain to win over the moderate Democrats and independents while Palin energised the socially conservative and evangelicals. Unfortunately for every evangelical who thought Palin was manna from heaven, there was a moderate who thought she was a freak. McCain simply couldn't compensate.

no he didn't choose her, he wanted Lieberman but the evangelicals in the party wanted one of their own.

As much as I dislike almost everything Palin represents it's extremely poor to make her the scapegoat. The stupid Republican party chose her and should shoulder the blame.

no he didn't choose her, he wanted Lieberman but the evangelicals in the party wanted one of their own.

Joe Lieberman? Isn't he a former Democrat, now an Independent? I always thought the competing parties had to choose one of their own as a running mate. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't remember ever seeing a ruling coalition in power in the U.S...

It would be something though being so close to being a Republican president as only eight years ago he was running for dem VP.

Joe Lieberman? Isn't he a former Democrat, now an Independent? I always thought the competing parties had to choose one of their own as a running mate. Correct me if I'm wrong but I can't remember ever seeing a ruling coalition in power in the U.S...

Yep, the far right were so thrilled by the prospect of Lieberman they formed a circular firing squad and chose Palin.

Sp the 'maverick' that was going to change the face of Washington, could not even have the final say over his own election campaign. As I said full of s**t old man.

Lincoln chose Democrat Andrew Johnson in 1864.

Then Lincoln was assassinated and the Republicans lost control of the White House. So maybe it's not such a useful precedent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back