McCartin v McAdams

Remove this Banner Ad

Maddo11

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
The incident

Judged Careless, high impact high contact, two weeks. Interesting that it can be judged high impact but Adelaide medicos didn't need to assess the player.

Swans already confirmed to be challenging the decision, assumedly on the severity of the impact.

I hope we challenge it. How does this get graded high impact (no concussion) when Daniels hit on Lloyd (concussion) was graded medium? That was worse IMO.

I hope we challenge it. How does this get graded high impact (no concussion) when Daniels hit on Lloyd (concussion) was graded medium? That was worse IMO.
Well I've got good news for you

Charged straight into him. Been weeks all year and should remain. AFL will get him off as they always do with Sydney.
Charged? McAdams was moving quicker (unsurprisingly). Braced once the ball was knocked past him. What's he's supposed to do, teleport?

Can argue all day long about the merits of the suspension - I certainly don’t think it was dirty

But end of the day facts are
1) elected to bump
2) caused a fractured cheekbone

By all precedent and modern interpretations, he’s lucky to get 2. It’s high impact (fracture), it’s high contact (cheekbone was injured), it’s not intentional to hurt him but choosing to bump and causing injury is careless/reckless/negligent whichever word is the buzzword these days

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can argue all day long about the merits of the suspension - I certainly don’t think it was dirty

But end of the day facts are
1) elected to bump
2) caused a fractured cheekbone

By all precedent and modern interpretations, he’s lucky to get 2. It’s high impact (fracture), it’s high contact (cheekbone was injured), it’s not intentional to hurt him but choosing to bump and causing injury is careless/reckless/negligent whichever word is the buzzword these days
Did he elect to bump or was he just there contesting the ball? Was there another way he could have contested the ball?

So…

Round 1 mcadam choses to bump a man in the chest who has the ball in his hands.. it was a hard bump but didnt cause anymore than a bad winding..

3 games.. appealed but upheld by the tribunal..

R23 mcadam cops a bump to the face that compress fractures his cheekbone..

by a swans player who chose to bump a player without the ball in what looked a clumbsy effort to put a shephard on for his team mate.. and actually comtacted the face with enouhh force to break a cheekbone..

But thats just two matches?..

Geez… can this league be anymore incompetent?..

What. A. Fxxkn. Absolute. Circus.

Did he elect to bump or was he just there contesting the ball? Was there another way he could have contested the ball?
Ummm… yeah…

Maybe by going for the ball instead of the bump to the body!..

Didnt you watch the replay?.. its up at the top of the page.. try it.

The ball was an arm length or more in front of mcadam… not on mcadams fxxkn face!..

Ummm… yeah…

Maybe by going for the ball instead of the bump to the body!..

Didnt you watch the replay?.. its up at the top of the page.. try it.
Lmao I'm the OP, nah I didn't read my own post

You Muppet 🤣
The ball was an arm length or more in front of mcadam… not on mcadams fxxkn face!..
McAdams reaches out and leans forward and knocks the ball away, which mccartin then follows once the contact happens.

Lmao I'm the OP, nah I didn't read my own post

You Muppet 🤣
Well clearly you watched it with rose coloured glasses on you moron..

Maybe take em off and watch it again.

Look where the fxxkn ball was at point of impact..
IMG_0640.jpeg

McCartin wasnt even concerned with the ball and was runing to his right towards mcadam when the ball was moving towards his left instead.. and he went the bump as, whats most likely, an attempt to lay a shephard for his team mate.

A poorly executed one at that..

Desperately trying to claim otherwise is just fxxkn laughable.

View attachment 1781342

McCartin wasnt even concerned with the ball and was runing to his right towards mcadam when the ball was moving towards his left instead.. and he went the bump as, whats most likely, an attempt to lay a shephard for his team mate.

IMG_0350.png

View attachment 1781342

Don’t be an idiot. Watch it in real-time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back