MCDFL - 2011 PRE Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: MCDFL - Part 3

Bad news for Newstead during the week loosing Sam Kerr and Ethan Ford to White Hills, they may be the first of a few leaving the blue and white before next season. Still no word on the new coach either - I'm sure they would be hoping to announce something very soon.

Any other notable departures for any other clubs around the league?

Thoughts on the 3 new sides that will be joining us come 2011 and the impact that they may have on the league? Are they expected to come in and be hard sides to beat?

Bad news for Newstead during the week loosing Sam Kerr and Ethan Ford to White Hills, they may be the first of a few leaving the blue and white before next season. Still no word on the new coach either - I'm sure they would be hoping to announce something very soon.

Thoughts on the 3 new sides that will be joining us come 2011 and the impact that they may have on the league? Are they expected to come in and be hard sides to beat?

Have heard Lexton will be hard to beat with Fisher coaching you would imagine there are a few boys from maryborough following him there. Also heard Natte have picked up a few good young players with speedster Laurence Chadwick all but signed so should be a strong side

Have heard Lexton will be hard to beat with Fisher coaching you would imagine there are a few boys from maryborough following him there. Also heard Natte have picked up a few good young players with speedster Laurence Chadwick all but signed so should be a strong side

Laurence (stevie ross) Chadwick, also heard reliable defender Samuel Mcdowell might be heading across the lake to rovers, following in Rowdy Mcdowells footsteps

Dale Cowell reappointed as senior coach out at Trenm.Hopefully the boys can turn some of those half a dozen less than 3 goal loses into wins and coupled with some off season recruiting ,give it a good go at moving up the ladder.

Not so sure on Chadwick heading out to Natte, recently speculation has been swirling that he may be joining his good mate and look-a-like Andy Surridge in the black and white at rovers.

i heard the same, from a very reliable source. can't imagine any burra boys following him out there though... if any

I think you will find Matt Brown will head out there with him, even after having a dissapointing couple of years at Maryborough you would think somewhere between 60 and 70 goals would be withing his grasp at Lexton?..Have also heard big bucks are being thrown at Matt Johnston to head there as well?

Big losses for Newstead there with what I've seen of Ford and Kerr, two of the better players in the side, and only more to come, with a couple of their younger brigade looking to finalise deals with Castlemaine.

Might be down times for the steaders in 2011.

Uncle Johnny, care to expand on recent innuendo about bushy signing their new coach for 2011? If true heard he goes O.K?

Other news sees powercor finishing works on getting power lines to Navarre and with the NBN rollout sometime soon somebodys a chance of getting on here and listing the in's and out's.

Uncle Johnny, care to expand on recent innuendo about bushy signing their new coach for 2011? If true heard he goes O.K?

Other news sees powercor finishing works on getting power lines to Navarre and with the NBN rollout sometime soon somebodys a chance of getting on here and listing the in's and out's.

nothing to confirm yet bucket, as of last night anyways that I'm aware of

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was told that Fish had signed as well as Matt Brown, Bucknell, and Darcy Richards, any truth in this? it was from someone close to the footy club.

Fisher coaching, Brown signed. That is it at this stage ... unless someone else from that club wants to get on and add to this?

What's going on at Newstead, apparently they had a player that played with Carisbrook for part of 2010 and sat a meeting with them for 3hrs, only to knock him back!!! Now if It's the player I'm thinking of, he's got a mountain of experience, can play and was tagged by Newstead in the elimination final.

Lets hope who they appoint has been around the game and has a good football brain to validate knocking back this certain player. Anyone from Newstead confirm this and also reasons for not giving him the job, just very interested.

What's going on at Newstead, apparently they had a player that played with Carisbrook for part of 2010 and sat a meeting with them for 3hrs, only to knock him back!!! Now if It's the player I'm thinking of, he's got a mountain of experience, can play and was tagged by Newstead in the elimination final.

Lets hope who they appoint has been around the game and has a good football brain to validate knocking back this certain player. Anyone from Newstead confirm this and also reasons for not giving him the job, just very interested.

Brookman, I'm assuming the player you are talking about would be Vin Proud? I think that we might find that a former Newstead gun and multiple league best and fairest winner will be given the nod instead.

Brookman, with all due respect where did you get this information from mate? I appreciate what your point is but you must understand that sometimes a candidate dosen't fit the football clubs needs, and vica versa.

Brookman, with all due respect where did you get this information from mate? I appreciate what your point is but you must understand that sometimes a candidate dosen't fit the football clubs needs, and vica versa.

I think you'll find that a player you were going to recruit told me

mark ramsey to campbells creek, only a short walk for him for training and game days!

I love silly season! and love that year after year all of newstead and castlemaines good players are going to creek.... maybe one day

Sounds promising. What was the logic behind going with a final 8 Bucko? Seems a lot, but then again I dont think the top 6 system has too many fans. Will mean an extra week of finals.
A top 8 in a 14-team comp!?! Talk about rewarding mediocrity, this would mean you could potentially make the finals having lost more games than you won! What's the point?

At the risk of repeating what someone else might previously have said: Why not just make it a top 14 and give everyone a go? Better still, why not wipe the home & away matches and just play finals from the outset???

Former Newstead player Ross Smith to coach Newstead in 2011.............

so at this stage who looks to be the front runners in the league for next year? have heard lexton and rovers are getting a few on board, can anyone confirm any signings for next year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back