Remove this Banner Ad

Tips:
Avoca v Bushy, 116 points
Maldon v Harcourt, 20 points
C/Creek v Navarre, 108 points
Brook v Natte, 21 points
Dunolly v Trentham, 47 points
Rovers v Newstead, 11 points

On a side note, fans and followers of craig burn are left feeling disenchanted after his performance at harcourt was less than affable. Supporters were overheard commenting on his inability to perform aerobically, forcing him to his towel & kitbag early in the 4th quarter. Sadly im afraid it is only a matter of time before this champion journeyman succumbs to the ever habitual soft tissue injury

load of bulldust, pretty sure lexton thought he was leaving then he decided to stay, lexton spent all there pennys to try and replace him which i think they have. So the big fell is pretty happy just plotting around the 2's with his brother , His partner is playing netball, so he couldn't be happier having a few frophies wacthing his mates in the 1's. But who knows he might play by the end of the year:confused:

Is Stasse still playing? I have not seen his name in the paper the last couple weeks. Or has his form dropped so much he cant make the bests in the twos?

Is Stasse still playing? I have not seen his name in the paper the last couple weeks. Or has his form dropped so much he cant make the bests in the twos?

No he hasn't been playing, might be to cold for the big fella, no coin in twos so i think he'll just rock up and play against the competitive teams.
News flash could be a big name coming back to lexton abit more decorated than Stasse.
Just trying to get this forum ticking along abit

No he hasn't been playing, might be to cold for the big fella, no coin in twos so i think he'll just rock up and play against the competitive teams.
News flash could be a big name coming back to lexton abit more decorated than Stasse.
Just trying to get this forum ticking along abit

Stasse cleared to Carngham-Linton

The WMA FM Footy Show returns tonight from 5.05pm on 94.9 or through wmafm.com

Last week we had Maldon FC's Dave Carroll in and we are always happy to have other guests in from MCDFNL teams.

We also have new improved outside broadcast gear which means we can broadcast from anywhere, so we are happy to talk with clubs about calling games or other events.

Can anyone tell me what happened with the jumper clash issue between Royal Park and Lexton? Did Lexton have to change their jumper completely or just come up with an alternate strip for that game? I'm overseas at the moment so a bit out of the loop.

Hey guys, my mum just moved down to lyonville, so I'm considering trying out for the local team, the trentham saints, next season. Could someone here please give me an idea of what the standard of the league is like and any other general info on the league? and the team if anyone here plays for them? cheers.

can anyone enlighten me on ben hoban? everytime i've seen a rovers game this year he struts around like his rocky tryin to pick fights out of his weight category, can he actually play or whats his caper?

can anyone enlighten me on ben hoban? everytime i've seen a rovers game this year he struts around like his rocky tryin to pick fights out of his weight category, can he actually play or whats his caper?

He posts on Big Footy so he could probably answer that for himself!

What ended up happening with the merger talks. Did they make any progress? Will Maryborough and Rovers go ahead with it next year?

his brother nick is the money maker in that family

He posts on Big Footy so he could probably answer that for himself!

What ended up happening with the merger talks. Did they make any progress? Will Maryborough and Rovers go ahead with it next year?

Still a bit of work to be done before any call could be made, I believe. One would think the real groundwork will be done over the off-season months. You would have to concede that it is inevitable these clubs have to do something in order to keep footy healthy in the town.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still a bit of work to be done before any call could be made, I believe. One would think the real groundwork will be done over the off-season months. You would have to concede that it is inevitable these clubs have to do something in order to keep footy healthy in the town.
Question for Maryborough locals, Is there animosity between any of the clubs? There are plenty of towns around with two football teams, one in a major league, one in a minor(Ararat, Stawell, Deniliquin) it seems to work well if the teams get along ie. Deni Rams and Deni Rovers and not if they don't ie. Ararat Rats and Ararat Eagles. What do people think will happen with Maryborough teams, who will stay and who will go?

i would say everyone would leave rovers if they had to play with the maryborough magpies

I have heard this same rumour!

Who's everyones tip to win it? I'd say it's a battle in four in Lexton, Maldon, Brook & Navarre. Other clubs seem to have dropped off although I still see Natte (with the late year inclusion of Ian Martin) and Dunolly (if they gel and can get them all on the park at the right time) as dangers.

I've only seen Brook and Maldon this year. Didnt rate Brook at all but they had quite a few out that day. Maldon certainly has all the tools to take it out.

maldon have a lot of work to do to even be competitive, last week they were very ordinary, yes chrictian kelly kicked 21 but they only beat the wooden spooners by 85 points and were even at half time, when they come up against real oposition in the finals they will be brushed aside, i reckon Lexton and Carisbrook are the best kicking around at the moment

The guru's spies tell me Maldon have several players that are underdone and that showed against a pretty good Carisbrook line up on the weekend. Having seen Brook and Lexton I would say Brook at the moment followed by Lexton. Maldon will struggle unless these players can get some games under their belts and share the work load. Also I would not discount Dunolly and Navarre having a real show. Dunolly and Maldon will be an interesting encounter depending on the side Dunolly brings.

Question for Maryborough locals, Is there animosity between any of the clubs? There are plenty of towns around with two football teams, one in a major league, one in a minor(Ararat, Stawell, Deniliquin) it seems to work well if the teams get along ie. Deni Rams and Deni Rovers and not if they don't ie. Ararat Rats and Ararat Eagles. What do people think will happen with Maryborough teams, who will stay and who will go?

Not really any reason for animosity. Different cultures perhaps, but in a shrinking market they are gradually blending anyway.

Maryborough may be similar to Ararat & Stawell but different to Deniliquin, which is a larger, more prosperous town. Besides, there are currently 3 clubs (previously 4), with another 4 or 5 clubs representing small communities nearby.

It's not easy to put long-term attachments, identities and rivalries aside at short notice. Each club has its own reasons for wanting to go it alone, but the reality is none of them are likely to grow the way things are.

Royal Park want to stay and fight, though it might appear their future is very bleak.

i would say everyone would leave rovers if they had to play with the maryborough magpies

Why?

Not really any reason for animosity. Different cultures perhaps, but in a shrinking market they are gradually blending anyway.

Maryborough may be similar to Ararat & Stawell but different to Deniliquin, which is a larger, more prosperous town. Besides, there are currently 3 clubs (previously 4), with another 4 or 5 clubs representing small communities nearby.

It's not easy to put long-term attachments, identities and rivalries aside at short notice. Each club has its own reasons for wanting to go it alone, but the reality is none of them are likely to grow the way things are.

Royal Park want to stay and fight, though it might appear their future is very bleak.

Why?
Royal Park apper to have a bleak future, hahahahha don't think so........Watch this space.

Royal Park apper to have a bleak future, hahahahha don't think so........Watch this space.

Royal Park FNC puts up their hand to support the fight against Cancer.

The Royal Park Football Netball Club have embarked on an unprecedented direction for the 2012 football and netball season that will see them giving the “Royal Waive” for Cancer Research.
All Royal Park players will be asked to waive their match payments which will be pooled in a fund for cancer charity. In addition, fundraising efforts planned throughout the 2012 season will see the Royal Park Football Netball Club move towards their goal of donating $50,000 to the Victorian Cancer Council.
“We are seeking a new direction that will give our players another reason to play for our club, and for our supporters and our community to get behind us in 2012”, said RPFNC President Tim Broad.
“We believe that this is a great opportunity to create a new format of club football that is based around the enjoyment of playing sport and the support of a worthy charity as opposed to the ‘win at all costs’ mentality that most clubs operate under.”
“The 2012 season will see the club focus on becoming a true community group, with a move away from the alcohol fueled events that have traditionally financed clubs. We are committed to our accreditation as a Good Sports club and wish to develop an environment that families and community members in general can feel welcome and safe at.”
The campaign will be launched at the Triple Premiership/50 year reunion club function on Saturday August 20th after their last home match for the 2011 season. They will be asking all club members, supporters, community members and sponsors to put their hand up to support ‘the Royal Waive’ campaign. The club will have opportunities for all abilities and hope that they can attract local residents not actively participating in the community to get involved in this exciting venture. Each role filled around the club will be one further step towards a successful year and a great outcome for the fight against cancer.
“The Royal Park Football Netball Club has always had strong values and morals. We hope that through this campaign we can further spread a charitable message in our community, and work closely with others to maximise the benefits to the club and for those in the community suffering from cancer. We see nothing but positives coming from the campaign.”
“The RPNFC are in a unique position in the sense that we have nothing to lose in this venture, we are struggling now and many local identities are pushing for us to merge or fold. Under this new model we hope that we can build a sustainable model for the club, and have some influence in our community wellbeing.”
The RPFNC have the full support and backing of the WorkSafe VCFL and the Maryborough Castlemaine Football Netball League in this campaign.
“We will be asking other clubs in the league to come on board and assist us with promotions and events throughout the next year – building on the message and the support for ‘the Royal Waive’ campaign.”
“We think that this model can provide a template for other football clubs and sporting groups who wish to make a positive difference in their communities.”

Further Information:
Adam Balzan – adam.balzan@cba.com.au
Or
Matt Broad – mattb@cgoldshire.vic.gov.au – 0408 501 770

Royal Park FNC puts up their hand to support the fight against Cancer.

The Royal Park Football Netball Club have embarked on an unprecedented direction for the 2012 football and netball season that will see them giving the “Royal Waive” for Cancer Research.
All Royal Park players will be asked to waive their match payments which will be pooled in a fund for cancer charity. In addition, fundraising efforts planned throughout the 2012 season will see the Royal Park Football Netball Club move towards their goal of donating $50,000 to the Victorian Cancer Council.
“We are seeking a new direction that will give our players another reason to play for our club, and for our supporters and our community to get behind us in 2012”, said RPFNC President Tim Broad.
“We believe that this is a great opportunity to create a new format of club football that is based around the enjoyment of playing sport and the support of a worthy charity as opposed to the ‘win at all costs’ mentality that most clubs operate under.”
“The 2012 season will see the club focus on becoming a true community group, with a move away from the alcohol fueled events that have traditionally financed clubs. We are committed to our accreditation as a Good Sports club and wish to develop an environment that families and community members in general can feel welcome and safe at.”
The campaign will be launched at the Triple Premiership/50 year reunion club function on Saturday August 20th after their last home match for the 2011 season. They will be asking all club members, supporters, community members and sponsors to put their hand up to support ‘the Royal Waive’ campaign. The club will have opportunities for all abilities and hope that they can attract local residents not actively participating in the community to get involved in this exciting venture. Each role filled around the club will be one further step towards a successful year and a great outcome for the fight against cancer.
“The Royal Park Football Netball Club has always had strong values and morals. We hope that through this campaign we can further spread a charitable message in our community, and work closely with others to maximise the benefits to the club and for those in the community suffering from cancer. We see nothing but positives coming from the campaign.”
“The RPNFC are in a unique position in the sense that we have nothing to lose in this venture, we are struggling now and many local identities are pushing for us to merge or fold. Under this new model we hope that we can build a sustainable model for the club, and have some influence in our community wellbeing.”
The RPFNC have the full support and backing of the WorkSafe VCFL and the Maryborough Castlemaine Football Netball League in this campaign.
“We will be asking other clubs in the league to come on board and assist us with promotions and events throughout the next year – building on the message and the support for ‘the Royal Waive’ campaign.”
“We think that this model can provide a template for other football clubs and sporting groups who wish to make a positive difference in their communities.”

Further Information:
Adam Balzan – adam.balzan@cba.com.au
Or
Matt Broad – mattb@cgoldshire.vic.gov.au – 0408 501 770

I assume the VCFL/AFL will be giving Bushy a few massive incentives to do this. I've heard talk of ex AFL players playing and/or coaching and there has to be a financial benefit as well.

Whilst you have to admire their courage and certainly applaud them for raising money and awareness for such a great cause, as far as growing the club and potentially winning more games it seems a massive step backwards to me. I guess time will tell if it's a good move!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back