Uncle Johnny

Senior List
Dec 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Royal Park FNC, Washington Redskins
Thought we'd start the 2015 thread, try and keep everything together in one place.

This has certainly died down a bit over the last few years, so maybe time to start pumping again!

Anywho... very please to see my boys at Bushy getting out there early and recruiting well.
The boys from Central Highlands I don't know much about, but they come with big wraps.
Good to have Micky Noonan back on board too, anyone know what's happening at Maryborough this year?
Murrary Bond is also quite a good pickup.

Haven't heard much else thus far.

Tipping Bushy as top 4 definites... and hopefully knocking Carisbrook off for the first time in nearly 20 years!!

Thought we'd start the 2015 thread, try and keep everything together in one place.

This has certainly died down a bit over the last few years, so maybe time to start pumping again!

Anywho... very please to see my boys at Bushy getting out there early and recruiting well.
The boys from Central Highlands I don't know much about, but they come with big wraps.
Good to have Micky Noonan back on board too, anyone know what's happening at Maryborough this year?
Murrary Bond is also quite a good pickup.

Haven't heard much else thus far.

Tipping Bushy as top 4 definites... and hopefully knocking Carisbrook off for the first time in nearly 20 years!!

You need to lift Uncle Johnny!

I'll need to take some more time to survey the scenery before I'm gonna make any sweeping predictions. Bushy will go well though I think.

So what's everyone's predictions??
New to this league and very excited for the upcoming year!!
Can the grass hoppers be beaten?!
Will Lexton choke as per usual :-(
I'm on the red backs

You need to lift Uncle Johnny!

I'll need to take some more time to survey the scenery before I'm gonna make any sweeping predictions. Bushy will go well though I think.
I'll lift Rich... hope to be around more games this year. At least half at least... missus permitting!! Haha

Carisbrook had a good hit out last night against Learmonth.
Very competitive match, with learmonth probably 2 months advanced in training and structures. winning by 2 goals.
good signs for carisbrook with some new recruits, great passages of play.
will have another hit out next week against the coaches old team. Skipton on Saturday at skipton

I just found an awesome update from the Ballarat Courier http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/...rict-football-league-interactive-map/?cs=2853

It shows where every team is at so far and whose gained and whose lost players, fantastic work by them!

Anyway I know I predicted it a little earlier but I still stand by my movers and sliders.

Movers - Royal Park
Gaining premiership experience from a better league is vital and it should see themselves launch amongst the other contenders.

Sliders - Newstead
Losing a trio of stars in Ford, Ramsey and Christmas will bring them right back with the rest of the pack that finished 7th onwards.

What's everyone else's thoughts on big improvers and who will drop off?

Park picked up mainly 2's players from Bungaree. Sure it maybe a higher league but I don't think 2's players will make them that much better. In saying that they still will be more competitive than previous years.

Royal park picked up josh brown who played full seasons at Bungaree kicking 28 goals in 2013 22 in 2014, chris Morley was Bungaree senior captain 2013 but was forced to captain 2nds because of work commitments, chris Cowan Bungaree premiership full back also held lee cox to 0 goals on 2 occasions 2012 and 2013, James Lindeback was in an out of senior side hampered by injury, stefan Pye in top 10 of Gordon best and fairest 2014 also kicking 16 goals from the midfield, Murray bond superstar foward from Avoca most dominant player in there team for a couple of years and mick Noonan from Maryborough magpies adds experience very handy footballer aswell only 1 reserves player Laurence perks who won 2012 2013 reserves league best and fairists. I'm a bfl fan but I've been reading into royal park very closely and if you study who they recruited you will find they aren't 2s players

Very much looking forward to this weekend!!
Gonna be great to see the same old faces in the rooms working away and some new faces on the park, there is nothing better!

Looking for Bushy to get off to a flyer this weekend against Natte, but will probably be a tight battled affair.
Looking at ins and outs, I'd expect Dunolly to be too good for Avoca... but likely both will struggle. Keen to see what Shaun Smith can offer the Eagles as coach.
One would imagine Lexton will have it easy over Creek even though it's on Creek's paddock (will it ever improve??!!)
I believe Harcourt and Trentham was a tough one to choose, going with the Lions based on past, but it looks as though the Saints have recruited some good players, so wouldn't be surprised with them getting up.
Think Talbot will be too strong for Rovers, again Rovers not looking to have recruited hard, but haven't lost many either.
Finally, Newstead should get the points over Maldon despite losing Ford, Ramsey and Christmas. Just can't see where Maldon are going to improve.

Good luck to all this year, hopefully it all goes well for everyone. Will try and post tips every week if I get to it.

Go Bushy!!

good to see I only got 2 right for the weekend.... terrible!

Bushy were pretty disappointing... Natte's backline stood up really well.
I think we had 50 odd inside 50s for 12 scoring shots... not good enough.
Big task against Brook this weekend

How is Emmet Smith going out at Natte this year, is he finding the step down from the Bendigo league easier or a little harder as can be the case sometimes!!

Wot on earth happened to MCDFL rep. side playing on their own princes park dung hill and Gippy mob runs over the top
were there many big names sidelined or perhaps struck down by "mystery" injuries with inter leag w/end coming up that sort of thing not unknown as the month of May rolls ard. each year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wot on earth happened to MCDFL rep. side playing on their own princes park dung hill and Gippy mob runs over the top
were there many big names sidelined or perhaps struck down by "mystery" injuries with inter leag w/end coming up that sort of thing not unknown as the month of May rolls ard. each year
That league is pretty damn handy, pushed the CHFL all the way four years ago. I thought the result was pretty respectable from a MCDFL perspective.

R u fair dinkum bunga
u were on ur own dunghill, the league u were playing was around the same rating as the mcdfl and u still went down
have to get a grip and acknowledge mcdfl is right down at the bottom of the afl victoria rankings
bottom of the barrel, actually or close to it

R u fair dinkum bunga
u were on ur own dunghill, the league u were playing was around the same rating as the mcdfl and u still went down
have to get a grip and acknowledge mcdfl is right down at the bottom of the afl victoria rankings
bottom of the barrel, actually or close to it
All I'm saying is Ellinbank is a much better league than the rankings suggest and a 30 point loss or whatever it was wasn't a bad result for the MCDFL.

Just reading that Clunes are still in deep negations with coming across to this league next season.
What appears to be the general consensus with the existing clubs & the league about having another team join?

I haven't played much footy and am looking for a club to join next season. Are there any teams that could use another twos player? am from Ballarat but wouldn't mind playing some country footy while I can.

Excruciatingly slow on here no new posts 4 three months
Interesting how AFL Goldfields has tweaked the 2016 pts. system for 4 clubs
All MCDFL clubs must limit their pts. nos. to 42
Xceptions: Lexton 48, Harcrt. Apple Eaters 46, Talbot 44 & Trentham 44.
Avoca asked for an upgrade to their allotted 42 total pts., but knocked back

All clubs on a $75,000 salary cap.

Any news on recruits for 2016? Who is going to be the big movers either direction? I have heard Rovers have appointed a coaching panel as opposed to a coach in his own right.

Looking for a practise game in Ballarat area on 2nd April. We can host. Looking at senior and reserve games. Pm for details.

Heatherton (SFL div 2) played Maryborough Rovers yesterday in a practice match (only 1 game 4 x 15min qtrs.) and won by about 5-6 goals. Both sides had about 8-9 senior players missing from all reports. Rovers played quite a few young kids and had a few handy players.

Heatherton (SFL div 2) played Maryborough Rovers yesterday in a practice match (only 1 game 4 x 15min qtrs.) and won by about 5-6 goals. Both sides had about 8-9 senior players missing from all reports. Rovers played quite a few young kids and had a few handy players.

Any Predictions for the finals this year guys? Navarre hot favs again?

Status
Not open for further replies.