MCDFNL 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Goodwin still coaching? They seem to have picked up a few, any notable? How will they fare in 2023?
Goodwin still coaching. Picked up well by looks on Facebook. Alot of clubs keeping quiet so hard to judge. Talbot have picked a few. Lexton half a dozen

Harcourt by 12 goals in the GF

Season over already for 2023 - too much talent

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Frost and Huntly are going to be a very dynamic duo without a doubt. Add in the likes of Anderson and their midfield is super powerful. I still think Carisbrook are going to be right there too - very favourable draw that they'd be rapt with given they play their fellow top five sides all at home without travelling to any of them. I think at the moment they're still going to be the two sides to beat

Frost and Huntly are going to be a very dynamic duo without a doubt. Add in the likes of Anderson and their midfield is super powerful. I still think Carisbrook are going to be right there too - very favourable draw that they'd be rapt with given they play their fellow top five sides all at home without travelling to any of them. I think at the moment they're still going to be the two sides to beat
Really!
Harcourt got beaten twice towards the end of last year by Natte and Navarre.
And yes they deserved to be premier, best side at the end of the year,but it’s a big call to say 2023 done and dusted yet.

Really!
Harcourt got beaten twice towards the end of last year by Natte and Navarre.
And yes they deserved to be premier, best side at the end of the year,but it’s a big call to say 2023 done and dusted yet.
Of course year isn't done and dusted - far from it. But those two sides are still the teams to beat for mine. And absolutely Natte and Navarre can still be up there, and Trentham are chugging along quietly too

Anybody want to have a crack at a Ladder for the League?
It's quite hard without clearances but:

1. Harcourt
2. Carisbrook
3. Natte
4. Trentham
5. Navarre
6. Talbot
7. Maldon
8. Dunolly
9. Lexton
10. Newstead
11. Royal Park
12. Avoca
13. Rovers
14. Campbells Creek

positions 6-10 you can throw a blanket over really and it could finish any sort of way imo. I have Navarre just above it because they'll have a few good recruits no doubt out of stawell/ st arnaud etc.

Talbot seemed to have picked up a few according to facebook, Dunolly did lose one of their coaches so that could maybe push them down a bit. Hard to tell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder:
1-4: Natte, Harcourt Trentham, Carisbrook. Put them in any order you like. Without looking at who has an easier draw (two games against Creek, Avoca and co) these will be the top 4 in some order.
5 Talbot
6 Maldon
7 Dunolly
8 Navarre
9 Lexton
10 Newstead
11 Bushy
12 Avoca
13 Rovers
14 Creek

Royal Park and Maryborough Rovers are in discussions about a merger for the 2024 season.

It’s probably also inevitable that Campbells Creek demise as well so it could be a 12 team comp in 2024.

Royal Park and Maryborough Rovers are in discussions about a merger for the 2024 season.

It’s probably also inevitable that Campbells Creek demise as well so it could be a 12 team comp in 2024.
Interesting…..thought these 2 were bitter rivals. Guess it’s better to survive in some capacity rather than none at all!

Interesting…..thought these 2 were bitter rivals. Guess it’s better to survive in some capacity rather than none at all!
Any help coming from above??
Any incentives for both clubs to get it done?
Surely it’s in everyone best interest for clubs to merge, throw out some solid incentives eg no league fees for a few years, couple of extra points, bit more in the salary for the first year?
Something to entice clubs to merge!

I reckon a template should be set up by a league for others to follow (don't expect AFL Victoria to be proactive!)

Options could include some or all of the following:
  • No league fees in the first year (or 50% reduction).
  • Subsidy or grant of 50% for football guernseys and netball outfits for the first year.
  • Four extra points for first season, reduced to three extra for the second and two extra for the third then back to parity thereafter.

What should be compulsory is for AFL Victoria to arrange or facilitate access to education courses run by relevant organisations or government groups on the transition process (e.g. the incorporation/business side of things). There should be arrangements for representatives from clubs like Minyip-Murtoa, Edenhope-Apsley or Southern Mallee Giants to discuss their merger process from first discussions to 2-3 years into life as a merged entity with clubs considering a merger.

Not great signs for Maldon, if they couldn’t get past Dunolly with Lachy Sharp playing they aren’t going to make a run at it for their 150th.

Commemorative jumpers from both clubs looked great though.

Not great signs for Maldon, if they couldn’t get past Dunolly with Lachy Sharp playing they aren’t going to make a run at it for their 150th.

Commemorative jumpers from both clubs looked great though.
Sharp goalless? Can’t say I’ve seen that very often in recent times. Kudos to whoever Dunolly put on him.

Sharp goalless? Can’t say I’ve seen that very often in recent times. Kudos to whoever Dunolly put on him.
They put Nathan Murphy onto him, they brought him to the club from Boort. Granted conditions weren't perfect, my gut feel is maybe Sharp's impact is greater in dry weather, but that doesn't take away from a brilliant performance from Murphy and the Eagles back six that kept Sharp and Ford goalless

Remove this Banner Ad

Back