MCDFNL 2024 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Newstead recruiting well with some of the Kerang premiership players

Carisbrook look like they could drop back a bit this year. Havent replaced losing their two best players yet it seems

Talbot picking up some of the former Royal Park players as well as some others, interesting that they didn't want to stick around with the Giants and would rather go and play for a rival.

Maldon have gotten a few from the heathcote league. Haven't heard a great deal about them but no doubt they'll be playing finals again

Natte have picked up a few as well.

Any of the other clubs been doing a lot? should be an interesting year
Harcourt have had some terrific recruits to replace the likes of Huntly, Semmens and the Frost boys. I can't believe they managed to get Braydon Vaz from Golden Square, he's going to be quality.

Dunolly have been busy of late, Trentham have had six signings too but Webber-Mirkin, Ford and Holden are decent losses.

I think Brady Neill will be a good signing for Carisbrook, just in terms of experience and still having a bit in the tank as a player but gonna be hard for them to replace Butler, Rinaldi and the Zelencich lads.

Haven’t even heard who’s coaching Navaree in 2024. They were such a powerhouse club for that long period with all home grown talent at that prime age group all coming though together. Seems now a lot are starting to age a bit or have stopped playing all together. Haven’t really got much coming though the juniors so unless they can recruit heavily I doubt they can really have much success. Losing arguably there their two best players in Josh Fowkes and Cody Driscoll to Stawell certainly doesn’t help the situation. I wouldn’t be surprised if maybe a Billy Parry went and followed them into Stawell and had a crack at playing at a higher level of footy. Wait and see what unfolds

Answered my own question, they did but no firm date or agreement.

Anyone know where this has got to?
Believe this is still a longer-term discussion at this stage. The good thing short term is the club does have a few decent under 17s coming through but having lost a couple of guns, that always hurts in the short term.

Answered my own question, they did but no firm date or agreement.

Anyone know where this has got to?
Have heard a whisper there has been a falling out between commitee members on the merger which has thrown the future of the club into question. Some wanted the merger to go ahead and others didnt leading to heads clashing. Also the reason why players are on the move.

Your always full of positivity how do you think Navarre will shape up this year?

Have recruited a few from what I have heard unsure of names or where they have come from.
Nav have signed Nick Birthisel. Played at St Arnaud during 23. Very solid backman

Have heard a whisper there has been a falling out between commitee members on the merger which has thrown the future of the club into question. Some wanted the merger to go ahead and others didnt leading to heads clashing. Also the reason why players are on the move.

The signing of their new coach could be a factor, too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ah yep I believe this was the merger chat between Navarre and Stawell Swifts in the HDFL. I've also heard of this falling through which has lead to a few of the stalwarts playing footy else where in 2024. Navarre are typically a strong club and i'm sure they will be doing their best to replace them.

A little bit of movement throughout the league. Carisbrook and Harcourt look to have quality coming in but not sure if they cover what has come out. Exciting times for Natte Jake Postle from Maryborough will be a handy pick up, also a one off appearance from Dane Swan in round 4. Some good ins at Newstead and Dunolly as well, I think they will be the big improvers.

And there you go. Carisbrook with the big signing of Todd Bryant. Whilst a bit of an unknown down this end of the world, his footy resume speaks for itself. QAFL B&F with Palm Beach, O&M interleague representative and B&F with Wodonga Raider, interleague and B&F in North Gippsland League.

Is this the early front runner for the league medal?

And there you go. Carisbrook with the big signing of Todd Bryant. Whilst a bit of an unknown down this end of the world, his footy resume speaks for itself. QAFL B&F with Palm Beach, O&M interleague representative and B&F with Wodonga Raider, interleague and B&F in North Gippsland League.

Is this the early front runner for the league medal?
Been a good player over a long period of time. Will be more than handy for Carisbrook. He doesn't come cheap either.

My concerns are we are again seeing the same clubs dominate the league. More of the same with a clear line between the top and bottom teams which means who plays finals will probably again be decided by the half way mark. Some clubs are not travelling well unfortunately.

Exciting times for Natte Jake Postle from Maryborough will be a handy pick up, also a one off appearance from Dane Swan in round 4. Some good ins at Newstead and Dunolly as well, I think they will be the big improvers.
Young guy that might fly under the radar as a pickup for Natte is Bailey Jacobs, depending on how many games he plays, has always had a task picking between basketball at Ballarat and footy but he has very good hands and would be very handy in front of goal.

It's good to know at the moment there's a large majority of clubs that have recruited more than they've lost. Maldon have picjed up a few and looking forward to seeing how Hayden Kelly goes with a welcome return. Echo the sentiments for Dunolly and Newstead as well.

Young guy that might fly under the radar as a pickup for Natte is Bailey Jacobs, depending on how many games he plays, has always had a task picking between basketball at Ballarat and footy but he has very good hands and would be very handy in front of goal.

It's good to know at the moment there's a large majority of clubs that have recruited more than they've lost. Maldon have picjed up a few and looking forward to seeing how Hayden Kelly goes with a welcome return. Echo the sentiments for Dunolly and Newstead as well.
Natte always seem to pick up a few on the down low to keep them well and truely in contention!

Hayden Kelly is class act and will no doubt come back and dominate. Another great addition for Maldon is Damo Wust. Adding them 2 to a midfield with Jordon Collins and Seb Greene (assuming they have signed on again) will give them one of the best on ball brigades in the league no dount. They also signed the under 17 league bnf winner from last year from Brook, who i believe is Hayden Kelly's apprentice.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back