MCDNFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 28, 2006
The Northern Oasis
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Talbot, Atlanta Falcons, Liverpool
Season 2014 is less than a month away. Lexton look to be the big movers in the off season.

What's everyone's thoughts on Round 1? Cracking round of football with every game looking like being very competitive.

My Tips:

Campbells Creek v Harcourt
Dunolly
v Trentham
Lexton v Navarre
Talbot v Maldon
Carisbrook v Newstead
Avoca v Natte Bealiba
Rovers
v Royal Park

Season 2014 is less than a month away. Lexton look to be the big movers in the off season.

What's everyone's thoughts on Round 1? Cracking round of football with every game looking like being very competitive.

My Tips:

Dunolly
v Trentham
Lexton v Navarre
Talbot v Maldon
Carisbrook v Newstead
Avoca v Natte Bealiba
Rovers
v Royal Park

Great to see you back Rich.... but seriously??? Rovers beating Bushy?? Surely you've been away too long and missed the action?? We've got the smallest CHB in the league returning! Few handy pick ups from our end as well, with no one of note out... I predict Bushy are finals bound this year, mark my words!

Great to see you back Rich.... but seriously??? Rovers beating Bushy?? Surely you've been away too long and missed the action?? We've got the smallest CHB in the league returning! Few handy pick ups from our end as well, with no one of note out... I predict Bushy are finals bound this year, mark my words!

I think Rovers will be more competitive this year and may catch Bushy napping first up!!!

I think Rovers will be more competitive this year and may catch Bushy napping first up!!!

Good luck to them then!!
Anywho... my tips for round 1

Dunolly
v Trentham - this is a tough one... feel Trentham will have a crack this year... but could say that most years
Lexton v Navarre
Talbot v Maldon - just for you Rich!
Carisbrook v Newstead - Think if Brook keep losing a few key players, they may drop down a little
Avoca v Natte Bealiba - haven't heard much out of either camp, could go either way
Rovers v Royal Park - wouldn't be tipping Rovers against us ever, let alone this year!!

Good luck to them then!!

Dunolly
v Trentham - this is a tough one... feel Trentham will have a crack this year... but could say that most years
Lexton v Navarre
Carisbrook v Newstead - Think if Brook keep losing a few key players, they may drop down a little
Avoca v Natte Bealiba - haven't heard much out of either camp, could go either way
Rovers v Royal Park - wouldn't be tipping Rovers against us ever, let alone this year!!

Let's have a dig at a top 8 mines from afar but will get the ball rolling.

Lexton. Carisbrook, Navarre, Newstead, Natte Bealiba, Harcourt, Trentham, Avoca.

Good luck to them then!!

Dunolly
Lexton v Navarre

Good to see some movement on this forum as it has been dying a slow death the last year or so!

Lexton seem to have gone gangbusters over the off season and have a heap of ins, Interesting to see Maldon loose a few (Including Burchell), Casrisbrook have lost some but always have a strong local contingent, Royal Park keep building, The Roo's have kept most key position players so will also be up there again, and Navarre seem to have held onto most of their premiership side by the looks of things.

Round 1 Tips.
Dunolly
v Trentham
Lexton v Navarre
Talbot v Maldon
Carisbrook v Newstead
Avoca v Natte Bealiba
Rovers v Royal Park

Top 8 Predictions
Lexton
Navarre
Carisbrook
Newstead
Harcourt
Natte
Avoca, Dunolly or Royal Park

Talbot have rounded out their practice matches with a 100+ point win on Smythesdale. Any other practice match results?

Dunolly got touched up by 12 goals against Marcorna and the week before Natte made the final in the Carnival at Inlgewood look handy enough.

Top 8 predictions

Lexton
Navarre
Newstead
Carisbrook
Harcourt
Natte
Talbot
Trentham

Premiers: Lexton (finally)
Sliders: Maldon

Top 8 PREDICTION
Navarre
Lexton
Newstead
Carisbrook
Harcourt
Royal Park
Natte-Bealiba
Talbot

PREMIER: Navarre again

We are set for a big season covering MCDFNL matches exclusively, with 42 games set for broadcast including every day of the finals and interleague, including a 2 hour lead-in show on Saturdays.

Look us up on Facebook to stay in touch with broadcast details.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was anybody at the Talbot v Maldon game? Have Talbot improved that much or Maldon slipped away?
My tips for the rest of the round
Navarre
Newstead
Trentham
Creek
Natte
Royal Park

Was anybody at the Talbot v Maldon game? Have Talbot improved that much or Maldon slipped away?
My tips for the rest of the round
Navarre
Newstead
Trentham
Creek
Natte
Royal Park

We were.

Talbot were very impressive, no doubt Maldon have dropped away a fair bit as well but Talbot played a very good brand of footy and much more free-scoring than last year with plenty of avenues to goal.

I'd say they will fit into the bracket of teams between 4 and 8.

Had a great day at Jubilee today. Bushy got up by 12 goals but in all honesty, Rovers weren't that bad. We didn't kick away until halfway thru the 3rd. Was good to see about 7 or 8 blokes I didn't know. Brendan Birch (motor) kicked 5, zac Stewart got 3 I think and new CHF zack Tunbridge kicked about the same and dominated.
Best on for us was Birchy, Tunbridge, Taylor Stewart, Matt Walker and Brendan Murdoch

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The way the Creekers dismantled Harcourt looks mighty impressive on paper.
Are they a side that could scare a few and sneak in the 8 or have the Lions just dropped off?

The way the Creekers dismantled Harcourt looks mighty impressive on paper.
Are they a side that could scare a few and sneak in the 8 or have the Lions just dropped off?

We called this one, very impressive. Have picked up a group of guys from Ballarat who add plenty.

Harcourt have a significant number of injuries at the moment and will get better but I'd say Creek will be in the mix for the bottom half of the 8.

Couple of interesting results for rd2 Creek over Talbot and Trentham over Rovers. I must say though after watching the Trentham v Rovers game and then the Park win over Maldon today I am surprised Park got over Rovers by so much in rd1

Couple of interesting results for rd2 Creek over Talbot and Trentham over Rovers. I must say though after watching the Trentham v Rovers game and then the Park win over Maldon today I am surprised Park got over Rovers by so much in rd1

Judging from early season results it appears there isn't a distinct cellar dweller (side that won't win a game all year, gets pumped every week etc) in the league this year. Which is great news for all concerned! It will be very interesting to see who fills the spots from 6th onwards as I feel it's very even.

I know it is a state wide problem but it's still very concerning and bleak for our future that only half the sides in the comp can scrap together an under 17.5 side.

I would agree with both of your assumptions GG the game today Lexton v Dunolly will be interesting given Trentham & Dunolly had a draw rd1.
The situation with the U17.5 comp is a concern and can hopefully be addressed for next season to give the clubs a good chance of fielding sides our league is unique in that we have sides in sparsely populated areas and then high concentrations of teams around major centers providing players to a couple of leagues not an easy problem to solve I would have thought. On the upside I have noticed in the games I have attended so far this season a lot of sides appear to have very young senior teams given good coaching and if those clubs have the ability to retain these players the future may just be alright.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back