MCDNFL 2014 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys, I'm new to the area and wandering if someone can give me advice on Trentham? Good club, are the players local or from Melbourne? Looking forward to watch them sat.

G'day olly21. You ask about Trentham, I have to admit to being biased but Trentham is a great family oriented club that fields 5 Grades of Football and 6 grades of Netball. The club is very aware of it's place and standing in the local community and prides itself on the fact that we provide a warm and welcoming venue for local youth to spend time in a safe and secure environment
The vast majority of our players, both football and netball are from Trentham or nearby towns. However there are a few players who have come to us from further afield and each of them has remarked on how they have enjoyed the warm welcome and great feeling that exists around the club.
Trentham doesn't aspire to be world beaters on the field or court but we do expect our people to give their best at whatever they attempt and to represent the club with pride and respect.
If you do go along to watch at the weekend head on over to the canteen, where you will get some of the best tucker in country footy and you will experience the true country footy feeling of fun and friendly people all working together for their club. Hope to have the pleasure of your company make yourself known and you will be made to feel more than welcome

Are there any clubs in this league that could use a new, inexperienced player? played no juniors and have only played a handful of games in the past. Decent ball skills and fitness. I just want to play regularly with a nice, family orientated club, though it seems all local clubs are packed across senior and twos levels.

I'm not fussed about scoreboards or ladder positions. I just want to have a run somewhere.

G'day olly21. You ask about Trentham, I have to admit to being biased but Trentham is a great family oriented club that fields 5 Grades of Football and 6 grades of Netball. The club is very aware of it's place and standing in the local community and prides itself on the fact that we provide a warm and welcoming venue for local youth to spend time in a safe and secure environment
The vast majority of our players, both football and netball are from Trentham or nearby towns. However there are a few players who have come to us from further afield and each of them has remarked on how they have enjoyed the warm welcome and great feeling that exists around the club.
Trentham doesn't aspire to be world beaters on the field or court but we do expect our people to give their best at whatever they attempt and to represent the club with pride and respect.
If you do go along to watch at the weekend head on over to the canteen, where you will get some of the best tucker in country footy and you will experience the true country footy feeling of fun and friendly people all working together for their club. Hope to have the pleasure of your company make yourself known and you will be made to feel more than welcome

Thanks for the reply mate, can't wait to sample some footy from your club. Looks like a great setup with the added addition of lights and goalposts. Be proud mate

Round 6 guys... not much chatter on here anymore!!
Navarre vs Avoca
Campbells Creek vs Dunolly
Maldon vs Carisbrook
Harcourt
vs Rovers
Talbot vs Lexton
Natte
vs Trentham
Newstead vs Royal Park (i certainly hope it's a cracking game!)
How is everyone travelling?? Really happy with Bushy's form clearly... will be a tough gig this weekend, but it is being played at Carisbrook so that may help a little. Got out of jail against Natte too... been quite a while since we've been 5-0!

Had a feeling that Rovers would get up today against Harcourt. Great stuff for a deserved win.

Also bushy took it right up to Newstead until 3/4 time.

Everything else was as expected

Is anyone looking like beating Navaree this season?

Accounted for all comers this season so far and only really looked like they were challenged by Talbot (going by scores).

When is this league going to get some balls and implement the by-laws that state a side will be fined and penalised match points if they don't make the effort to field junior sides.
As it is the clubs that do the hard work and battle to field all sides are really the ones who are being penalised by having to have their junior sides play at different venues than the seniors. This means that they have to find extra volunteers to run these matches and that they also have to make do with less workers at the senior game. Another penalty is the loss of revenue at home games when the juniors and their supporters are forced to travel away, it could amount to a lot of money in gate takings and canteen and other sales.
It is definitely a case of the clubs that are doing the right thing suffering, while the slackers just sit back and spend their money on buying more senior players to try to win the flag.
It really rubs salt into the wound when one of the clubs without juniors whinge when a club with juniors can't get a volunteer umpire because a lot of their volunteers are at another ground helping the juniors.
The MCDFNL are quick to act and dish out fines for much more trivial things but do nothing about this blight on the competition.
It makes one wonder just why we are in this HUB which is supposed to make things easier for the clubs' but from my observations it just seems that they sit back and want the clubs to do all the paper work while they sit in Ballarat and drive around in the fleet of cars that our club fees pay for

Is anyone looking like beating Navaree this season?

Accounted for all comers this season so far and only really looked like they were challenged by Talbot (going by scores).

The only side I can see pushing them is Lexton.

Without looking at the fixtures ahead I'd say the ladder will look like this.

1. Navarre
2. Lexton
3. Natte Bealiba
4. Newstead
5. Carisbrook
6. Royal Park

The last two spots in the 8 are up for grabs between Harcourt, Campbell's Creek and Talbot imo.

1. Navarre
2. Lexton
3. Natte Bealiba
4. Newstead
5. Carisbrook
6. Royal Park

The last two spots in the 8 are up for grabs between Harcourt, Campbell's Creek and Talbot imo.

Is Darren Jolley still set to be a starter for Lexton? When is he meant to start?
Newstead seem to have had a habit in recent years of beating up on the bottom sides and struggling against the best.

Is Darren Jolley still set to be a starter for Lexton? When is he meant to start?
Newstead seem to have had a habit in recent years of beating up on the bottom sides and struggling against the best.
Jolly won't be playing for Lexton this season. Great recruiting by Lexton there. Surely the money tree must be getting dry now?

Good to see the league implementing steps to make it compulsory for all teams to have juniors. Pain in the arse having your junior team and senior teams play at different grounds or not play at all because some clubs aren't even trying to get juniors. I understand it is hard for some teams but there are others that just sit on their hands and do * all about it.

1. Navarre
2. Lexton
3. Natte Bealiba
4. Newstead
5. Carisbrook
6. Royal Park

My top 8 would be:
Navaree
Lexton
Newstead
Carisbrook
Natte
Park
Talbot
Creek/Harcourt/Avoca.

Reserves looking like a two team race with Lexton and Navaree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke too soon!
May as well not have played yesterday..... Or at all.

Even for a bloke who had 10? years in the AFL he still looked slow. Dropped some easy marks. Lexton's midfield and defence really stood up though. Was a good game even on a heavy oval.

Navaree nearly came crashing back to earth as well. Natte was just able to run the ball better on the bog field and it almost all come undone for the Hoppers.

May as well not have played yesterday..... Or at all.

Even for a bloke who had 10? years in the AFL he still looked slow. Dropped some easy marks. Lexton's midfield and defence really stood up though. Was a good game even on a heavy oval.

Are you serious?

It is called lack of match practice!
Don't worry about Jolly, he will be handling the ball well by the time the finals come around.

When is this league going to get some balls and implement the by-laws that state a side will be fined and penalised match points if they don't make the effort to field junior sides.

I've actually been impressed with the number of clubs fielding new junior teams this year. Lexton, Rovers and Bushy, and I think a couple of others, have at least one more junior side than they did last year.

A couple of very interesting Prelims by the looks but Natte do look to be going well with a bit of former Dragon blood in their.

Who won the League Medal?
Should be 2 ripping prelims. Natte and Navaree would be my tips but I wouldn't be surprised if it's the other way around.

Aspland from Lexton 34 votes. Then Chaplin on 21.

navarre and carisbrook for the big dance boys
lexton really pushed the g/hoppers on saturday
think the natte swans might have done the same on sunday... pushing the redbacks from carisbrook to the limit
hope there's a better crowd this coming sunday than there was at p. park on saturday for prelim [1]
has the afl and all the TV coverage killed regional footy ??

navarre and carisbrook for the big dance boys
lexton really pushed the g/hoppers on saturday
think the natte swans might have done the same on sunday... pushing the redbacks from carisbrook to the limit
hope there's a better crowd this coming sunday than there was at p. park on saturday for prelim [1]
has the afl and all the TV coverage killed regional footy ??
Grand Final will attract a better crowd surely. Lexton have not many followers due to having no junior clubs and no one following because they buy their players in year after year. We can see yet again that buying premierships don't work.
Thats a big win who else ran top 5? Lexton would need to play at their absoulute best to beat Navarre wouldnt they?
Good question that one.Hayden Kelly form Maldon Stephen Ross from Natte and Webster from new stead were some of the better pollers I think.

Sean Smith to Coach Harcourt

Would be very interesting if that was the case, especially because he broke a long finals drought with Campbell's Creek this year. He would no doubt bring quiet a few players with him too including his brother.

What are everyone's thoughts on the new age groups for juniors?
It seems like it's a ploy to get more than 7 sides in the 17s comp like what happened this year IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back