Universal Love McDonalds T & O - From the Penthouse to the Outhouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't rate Tmac as a number 1 number at all. He just gets slaughtered by the big monster forwards. Dreading what Daniher will do to us next week.

Throw whatever it takes at Steven May.

Couldn't agree more, if we don't approach May with a monster offer this year then we are going to be in the same position this time next year.

We've a team full of rebounding half backs. Just about everyone is more keen on running out of the back 50 instead of shutting down their opponent, Jetta aside.

Tom had a great game last night, he needs more help from his teammates - he constantly helps them out but they constantly leave him one on one.
Yeah getting 6 kicked on you and having your opponent be BOG, he killed it

Anyone see the story about him? Has had 35 more goals kicked on him from direct opponent than next worse since 2013

Yeah getting 6 kicked on you and having your opponent be BOG, he killed it

You realise Riewoldt's first two goals were pretty jammy snaps after really poor Melbourne turnovers? He also kicked another couple from the boundary line. On another night he might've gone 2 goals 4. I really don't think Tmac was that bad, he spoiled a lot of balls when Richmond were on the counter. But playing with our defensive structures at the moment, he'll get burned over and over again. Even Jetta made a few uncharacteristic errors last night from the pressure that follows a horrific midfield brain fade.

It's not a great stat for TMac, but if it does mean something for him, then he's in good company with Alex "Best KPD in the AFL" Rance coming in at #4. Lies, damned lies and statistics and all that...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was I the only one that didn't want him to re sign?
He has been pretty junk for 3 years except the odd occasion where he had a good game, he isn't a KPD but if we had one and gave him the freedom to play his game then he would be a much better player.

The problem is that we don't have anyone else to play the position and we keep trading for HBF'ers

You realise Riewoldt's first two goals were pretty jammy snaps after really poor Melbourne turnovers? He also kicked another couple from the boundary line. On another night he might've gone 2 goals 4. I really don't think Tmac was that bad, he spoiled a lot of balls when Richmond were on the counter. But playing with our defensive structures at the moment, he'll get burned over and over again. Even Jetta made a few uncharacteristic errors last night from the pressure that follows a horrific midfield brain fade.
What about the 5 Hawkins kicked on him or the 4 McCarhy kicked on him?

What about the 5 Hawkins kicked on him or the 4 McCarhy kicked on him?

Yeh true Hawkins always does that to us, Tmac does struggle against big big guys like that when isolated, no doubt. He needs help from a third man over in those situations.

McCarthy kicked 4, didn't realise that to be honest. Surely though you don't count that sealer as being against Tmac??

Yeh true Hawkins always does that to us, Tmac does struggle against big big guys like that when isolated, no doubt. He needs help from a third man over in those situations.

McCarthy kicked 4, didn't realise that to be honest. Surely though you don't count that sealer as being against Tmac??
Nah can't blame him for the sealer, but when you lose by 3 points letting your player kick 4 goals helps the result

I feel he's a better intercept mark, closing speed spoil type of defender. The high ball one on one wrestle isn't his go. As a team we seem defensively slack and he cops a lot of goals as a result.

I know it was said in jest earlier but throwing him into the ruck given our current injury issues isn't without merit.

What's the go with Dee backs being ruined.

Frawley, was an AA backman. Lost form, got traded and has never regained that form.

Garland, was one of our best players 4 or 5 years ago. When the balls was in his vicinity, I had faith he would not simply nullify the contest, but win the contest and rebound out of 50. Can't get a game now

Dunn, was never a star but was reliable. Deemed too slow and now traded.

Tommy McDonald, once lauded as the type of defender you can build a premiership defence around. Now giving up 5 goals on a weekly basis.

Tom has been a solid backman for a number of years with a dodgy kick. Our backs look s**t because when our midfield turns it over there is an absolute paddock for the opposition to run into to kick goals.

What's the go with Dee backs being ruined.

Frawley, was an AA backman. Lost form, got traded and has never regained that form.

Garland, was one of our best players 4 or 5 years ago. When the balls was in his vicinity, I had faith he would not simply nullify the contest, but win the contest and rebound out of 50. Can't get a game now

Dunn, was never a star but was reliable. Deemed too slow and now traded.

Tommy McDonald, once lauded as the type of defender you can build a premiership defence around. Now giving up 5 goals on a weekly basis.

Frawley got moved forward, the rest have been ruined by our defensive structure. They get no practice one on one and are always guessing whether to come or stay at different contests

Frawley got moved forward, the rest have been ruined by our defensive structure. They get no practice one on one and are always guessing whether to come or stay at different contests

I honestly think we should give Rawlings the boot (I think he is still the backline coach?).

For years our defenders have been coached to come off their man but they still have 0 coordination and we regularly have 2-3-4 players jump for a ball against one player. This has been happening since 2011 FFS!

I honestly think we should give Rawlings the boot (I think he is still the backline coach?).

For years our defenders have been coached to come off their man but they still have 0 coordination and we regularly have 2-3-4 players jump for a ball against one player. This has been happening since 2011 FFS!

Sos Shawn Wellman

Frawley cops/copped a lot but he wasn't a bunny like McDonald. Would happily take him back.
Yeah agreed if he wanted to be here.

He only copped and cops a lot because he left the club and clearly mentally checked out at the start of his last season.

If he wanted to be here and could perform how he did during his peak 2009-2012? years with us, have him back in a heartbeat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back