McDonald Georgiades or Jackson

Remove this Banner Ad

mayne iac

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
I really like the thought of McDonald or Georgiades, Jackson not so much because of what he would cost and his form this year.
Georgiades could be gettable if he's not getting game time and would instantly fit into our developing fwd line.
I've heard from a friend that McDonald may eventually come home but I reckon the weagles would be all over him..
Thoughts?

Cowboy Neale

Senior List
Apr 13, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
I really like the thought of McDonald or Georgiades, Jackson not so much because of what he would cost and his form this year.
Georgiades could be gettable if he's not getting game time and would instantly fit into our developing fwd line.
I've heard from a friend that McDonald may eventually come home but I reckon the weagles would be all over him..
Thoughts?
What makes you think Eagles won’t be all over Georgiades as well? i think we need to be careful how much we pay as we have some pretty good players already with contracts coming up.

Cobbler

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
got dropped for Ports first wet game of the season so the jury is out

Maybe we can get Mick Barlow over to run some sessions with the boys, his father was a mudder, mother was a mudder

I’d prefer the AFL to spend multi millions to ensure every stadium can be played under the roof.

Or to call games off when wet… you know… because of safety. Nothing to do with our inability to adjust.

If the AFL could do one of those 2 I don’t see how we don’t win the next 5 premierships.

Sep 18, 2015
The Hippodrome
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hornets, Mariners, Falcons
In his draft year I thought to myself at multiple points Jackson could become the best player in the draft class or even the AFL as a whole. What held him back for me was him not being a true 200cm+ ruckman and questions over his true position at AFL level

If I redid my rankings now, based on how i've grown as a watcher and with the benefit of hindsight I'd probably have him number 2-3 (Rowell and Anderson were incredibly hard to ignore that year). He is almost his own player with no one like him in the AFL and he's only what, 20 or 21? If we have the opportunity to get this kid who very easily could be the AFL's best player, I'd take it

Mr Cheese

Club Legend
Mar 25, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
My buddy Treacy would be happy for any of them to fill in for him at Peel

Seriously though if we bagged one of these our fwd line up in 3-5yrs time potentially looks mindblowing.

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

tonygeeks

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 11, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
In his draft year I thought to myself at multiple points Jackson could become the best player in the draft class or even the AFL as a whole. What held him back for me was him not being a true 200cm+ ruckman and questions over his true position at AFL level

If I redid my rankings now, based on how i've grown as a watcher and with the benefit of hindsight I'd probably have him number 2-3 (Rowell and Anderson were incredibly hard to ignore that year). He is almost his own player with no one like him in the AFL and he's only what, 20 or 21? If we have the opportunity to get this kid who very easily could be the AFL's best player, I'd take it

Exactly , people were critical of his game the other day and they were right I guess if you focused on some of his ruck contests but look a bit closer and tell me how many ruckmen are running themselves into position to be 3rd or 4th link in a handball chain after starting behind the play

Freak

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
As talented as all 3 are, none are worth the risk factors of trading heavily.

People forget on how the Chris Tarrant or Jesse Hogan trades?

mayne iac

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
Georgiades seems to be struggling to get a game atm. The variety we would have with Treacy (Semi Hulk) Amiss, (Leading freak) and George (High marking fwd) would be bloody hard to stop in 3 to 4 years - Prime time!

mike91

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 13, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle

Personally think Jackson is the most overrated player in the comp.

I'd take him if Lobb leaves, but talks of a monster contract is just ridiculous

McDonald, daylight, Jackson, Georgiades is just an ok player that won't amount to much, so meh

I'm all for Zurhaar

Mags98

Club Legend
Mar 16, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
havent watched enough of zurharr to say too much, but does seem like the sort of player were pushing logue to be atm

georgiades not great, but better than treacy

jackson the perfect replacement for lobb, would cost an arm and a leg though

the thought of amiss and mcdonald together though.... tempting

mayne iac

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think if Lobb goes we are some sort of chance.
I want Lobb to stay - he's better than all of them atm, its the future I'm concerned about

Pingaz

Debutant
May 31, 2022
AFL Club
Fremantle
The draft is working for us, finally. I'm reluctant to change and go back to trading in a big name dud.

Having said that though Lobb will need to be replaced.

Redgum

All Australian
Oct 5, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Freo Footy Club
sheesh if only Lobb finally got his mind set around being long term Fremantle player the better, because if he did and put all his effort in like in that Melbourne game, then he would be the messiah. He can be A grade top notch player more consistently

Remove this Banner Ad

Back