Universal Love McDonalds T & O - From the Penthouse to the Outhouse.

HANDSOLO

All Australian
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos
Now THAT's what I call weaseling out of an unpopular/weird post.

Maybe he secretly works as a real estate agent and is depressed about falling house prices?
Jesus why are we all so harsh on controversial opinions these days? I definitely read the post as speculation, even if I don't agree with it there could be a small element of truth to it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

demondavey

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 18, 2005
AFL Club
Melbourne
Agree regarding TMac leading. On top of that delivery into the forward 50 as we all know has not been good. Now when I see Brayshaw on the left foot I hold my breath is one example. The other thing for me is that we are not crumbing the contests very well. Seems the opposition beats us more often than not crumbing the front of the marking contest which also doesnt help if we continue to just kick long to packs.
Brayshaw’s disposal is B grade. He often just kicks the ball upon receiving it and it’s a dump kick. I rate him, he was huge last year but now we are struggling these deficiencies are being highlighted even more.

Did you see Travis Varcoe roving the pack on Monday? That’s what Garlett and Spargo need to be doing, instead Garlett simply stays behind the pack for a cheap kick out the back.

Supermercado

The straw that stirs the drink
Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Jesus why are we all so harsh on controversial opinions these days? I definitely read the post as speculation, even if I don't agree with it there could be a small element of truth to it
There's controversial opinions then there's practically defaming somebody by saying they're tanking while being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Having said that it was clearly not the post that I had an issue with, it was the running from it like a burning building shouting "just sayin!" at the first challenge. No need for a Joffa style lecture on political correctness gone mad.

Demonkings

Team Captain
Jun 25, 2017
AFL Club
Melbourne
There's controversial opinions then there's practically defaming somebody by saying they're tanking while being paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year.

Having said that it was clearly not the post that I had an issue with, it was the running from it like a burning building shouting "just sayin!" at the first challenge. No need for a Joffa style lecture on political correctness gone mad.
Wow, there’s so much hyperbole in this that I’m struggling to see the point in replying, but it goes to show how far things can get misconstrued sometimes. At no point did I say Tmac was “tanking”, I was speculating that maybe his heart wasn’t in it playing for Melbourne anymore, hence “playing dead”, ie not playing to his fullest potential. I’ll admit too that I could be way off on this but at the same time is it so outrageous in this era of free agency that a player could potentially get tapped up by another club and get them thinking of playing elsewhere? Lever came to us while contracted. In his time at Melbourne McDonald has seen Rivers, Moloney, Frawley, Sylvia, Howe depart for other clubs. He’s seen Watts, Hogan, Tyson sent packing. Player movement is frequent across the afl, and even more frequent at Melbourne.

But I get it, if Sizzle’s your favourite player you might have got offended about the suggestion he could think of switching clubs. But save on the lawyers, I don’t think you have a strong case for defamation, I’m talking about a player at a club that has a strong history of losing established players through free agency or trades and, (strangely enough since YOU brought it up) a history of tanking.

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Interesting so basically everyone Geelong aside is breaking even or worse. Did you see our differential?

Where are the ANTI Geelong, they would have to be statistically the most efficient FWD50 side of all time, to be plus 43 in ground balls inside 50 on the second best side is huge. Also they are ridiculously accurate.

Agreed on the controlled ball movement, this is where we are lacking and i think the change in focus (from other clubs) this year is something we missed the boat on.
I didn't see ours but he said every other club was -35 or worse

Topkent

Premium Platinum
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Wow, there’s so much hyperbole in this that I’m struggling to see the point in replying, but it goes to show how far things can get misconstrued sometimes. At no point did I say Tmac was “tanking”, I was speculating that maybe his heart wasn’t in it playing for Melbourne anymore, hence “playing dead”, ie not playing to his fullest potential. I’ll admit too that I could be way off on this but at the same time is it so outrageous in this era of free agency that a player could potentially get tapped up by another club and get them thinking of playing elsewhere? Lever came to us while contracted. In his time at Melbourne McDonald has seen Rivers, Moloney, Frawley, Sylvia, Howe depart for other clubs. He’s seen Watts, Hogan, Tyson sent packing. Player movement is frequent across the afl, and even more frequent at Melbourne.

But I get it, if Sizzle’s your favourite player you might have got offended about the suggestion he could think of switching clubs. But save on the lawyers, I don’t think you have a strong case for defamation, I’m talking about a player at a club that has a strong history of losing established players through free agency or trades and, (strangely enough since YOU brought it up) a history of tanking.
Reverse is strong in this one

Johnny Karate

All Australian
Apr 13, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Tom McDonald is emblematic of a deeper problem with a few players on our list. He somehow has tickets on himself and yet has little to no confidence in his own football ability.

HANDSOLO

All Australian
May 19, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Broncos

Fair enough, I guess we just read the original almost differently and hence I didn’t see the later posts as running away but no big deal.

Just out of interest, what is the Joffa style lecture on political correctness gone mad you are talking about? Couldn’t see it in the thread

Cannon82

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne

I get playing devil's advocate or asking some on the nose questions about a player's form, but you either laid out those options because you think there's some truth there or because you don't think its a stupid question to ask if a player is phoning it in. TMac has been losing games with this club going on a decade or so, now. I and I imagine a few others would find it pretty hard to believe that coming into this season with what seemed a genuine chance at finally having a crack deep into September, TMac has lost his ticker and can't be bothered fronting up every week. Why would you think a guy who has been a solid servant of the club would suddenly lose the plot now of all times?

Comes down to form and fitness, and both are in the toilet right now.

Top Bottom