Universal Love McDonalds T & O - From the Penthouse to the Outhouse.

Seriously Joel MacDonald, Oscar McDonald and Tom McDonald all potatoes.

Tom Mac had a great 10 week period 2 years ago. Other than that he is useless. Dropping uncontested marks, punching when he should mark, kicking backwards when we are in a rush to score.
Every week you go to the game knowing the oppositions key forward is going to kill us. The bloke has just been saved because his brother is a donkey, but without him in the team it just shows how bad Tmac is.

thetank

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Am always worried when either of the McDonalds have the ball in hand.

I live in hope for a Nate Jones tranformation in ball usage skills - remember all, Jones used to be an absolute butcher of the ball too.

We can only hope.

He isn't in the best form at the moment, and his kicking is always suspect, but calling him an overated root vegetable (unless roasted in lard, then it is the bomb) is a bit harsh!
Over rated root vegetable is one of the best lines I have seen on here

To be fair TMac has been out of form for so long now that I am starting to think this is his true form.

The potato cannot kick, his disposal is terrible, decision making is putrid and he isnt much of a lock down player. The only positive thing I can say about him is that he isnt the worst footballer in his family.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Russian Demon

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2015
AFL Club
Melbourne
Initially i thought this was harsh.... then i thought about how well Frost played in comparison to TMac. We're going to need a hella lot of draft picks and trades to get a decent backline

thetank

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2009
AFL Club
Melbourne
Initially i thought this was harsh.... then i thought about how well Frost played in comparison to TMac. We're going to need a hella lot of draft picks and trades to get a decent backline

Need the midfield to get to A-grade standard so the ball doesn't get to defense too often. I fear we are stuck with MacShambles for at least the medium term.

Nov 13, 2005
Sydney
AFL Club
Melbourne
McDonald is nothing but a good ordinary defender. Have never rated him any higher then then.
I watched Daniel Talia last night and he just keeps it simple. Doesn't do anything fancy or cute like Tmac tries to every week.

Hate to say it but we could do with a James Frawley type..

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
McDonald is nothing but a good ordinary defender. Have never rated him any higher then then.
I watched Daniel Talia last night and he just keeps it simple. Doesn't do anything fancy or cute like Tmac tries to every week.

Hate to say it but we could do with a James Frawley type..

Have you watched Frawley this year? Has struggled badly.

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Have you watched Frawley this year? Has struggled badly.
I think he meant Frawley type, not the actual present day Frawley who is definitely struggling and out of form.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think he meant Frawley type, not the actual present day Frawley who is definitely struggling and out of form.

In that case I agree.

TMacs best position has always been 2nd KPD with a license to peel off and intercept, unfortunately our defence has been s**t for a while so he has never been able to play that role.

* I just want Steven May ahhhhhhhh

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
In that case I agree.

TMacs best position has always been 2nd KPD with a license to peel off and intercept, unfortunately our defence has been s**t for a while so he has never been able to play that role.

**** I just want Steven May ahhhhhhhh
I agree. I think T-Mac will get there, but not necessarily to the heights predicted a few years back, and he needs a partner along the lines of May in order to peel off and play his role. Actually May would be ideal. We need someone to build the defence around. At the moment we have a jumble of pieces that could help in various ways, but it's totally incoherent as a group.

He hasn't kicked on since 2014/15, which is a real disappointment. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who wants to be as good as he can be.

CWaffles

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls, NY Giants
I didnt even want to re sign him or his brother last year, was pissed off when we did.

The past 2 years has had good moments but mostly been terrible.

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
He hasn't kicked on since 2014/15, which is a real disappointment. He doesn't strike me as the type of guy who wants to be as good as he can be.

Really? He strikes me as exactly that sort of type.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Really? He strikes me as exactly that sort of type.
Totally agree. He is hugely dedicated and focussed. And he is a very good player. He takes a lot of intercept marks and his disposal is often fantastic. He is also an elite athlete. He just isn't strong enough to wrestle with the guerrillas, needs to learn to play off them a little.
Shits me with his occasional/regular brain fades but I wouldn't be giving him up. Our board is melting harder than the arctic at the moment. We are 2-2, still in the eight and have been running teams close despite having some major outs. All is not lost brothers and sisters!!

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Totally agree. He is hugely dedicated and focussed. And he is a very good player. He takes a lot of intercept marks and his disposal is often fantastic. He is also an elite athlete. He just isn't strong enough to wrestle with the guerrillas, needs to learn to play off them a little.
Shits me with his occasional/regular brain fades but I wouldn't be giving him up. Our board is melting harder than the arctic at the moment. We are 2-2, still in the eight and have been running teams close despite having some major outs. All is not lost brothers and sisters!!

I agree with this, he just needs some help down back with another decent KPD next to him. He isn't a Rance who can 1v6 in defence but he would be a gun interceptor with someone decent next to him.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Early days Rance was a running joke among non-Richmond supporters. His kicking and decision making were terrible.

Yep. He was a genuinely bad player for 5 years. Loved to give away a soft free in front of the sticks, spill sodas and wear clown shoes while kicking out of defence.

Tempy Tiger

Premiership Player
Sep 18, 2006
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yep. He was a genuinely bad player for 5 years. Loved to give away a soft free in front of the sticks, spill sodas and wear clown shoes while kicking out of defence.
He's always been brave and very athletic but Richmond would have been very close to cutting him and I doubt he would have been picked up by another club.

R_Grunter

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
Darwin
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne Football Club
He isn't in the best form at the moment, and his kicking is always suspect, but calling him an overated root vegetable (unless roasted in lard, then it is the bomb) is a bit harsh!
You're in the Melbourne forums. If our best player for 10 years gets caught holding the ball in a game that he gets 40 disposals in he is useless and should've been dropped years ago.

R_Grunter

Club Legend
Jul 13, 2016
Darwin
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Melbourne Football Club
You will get banned talking like that around here mate. Everyone stick to finger pointing and doom and gloom please.
I can only imagine the state of the guys calling for the heads of their own club's players.
Arched over a keyboard, poor posture, soft hands, sipping Mountain Dew.
Pull your heads in everyone, things are ok.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
You will get banned talking like that around here mate. Everyone stick to finger pointing and doom and gloom please.
I can only imagine the state of the guys calling for the heads of their own club's players.

Your posts are a blight on this board and we should have traded you years ago when you still had some value.

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

So if we post something negative we're automatically a neck beard? Sheesh you post some garbage, we are allowed to criticize the team...

Back