Universal Love McDonalds T & O - From the Penthouse to the Outhouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oscar's disposal this year has impressed me even more than his defensive skills.

Used to dread him having the ball but he's now very clean and isn't the panic merchant he was once either.

Both MACs years have been extraordinary.

Nek Minnut; A report comes out saying Momma Mac has been feeding them both steroids and ritalin since November.

INFLAMMATORY COMMENT:

To be honest, OMAC's form this year as a genuine FB has been better than any form down back that TMAC has had over the journey purely as a defender*

*TMAC's intercept play is of course better, but OMAC's defense first play and his surety of disposal by foot makes him a better defender

Omac is also playing in a far better team than Tmac did for the majority of his time down back . I think you are selling Tmac very short there.

In all honesty, that’s a massive bargain for the club. Especially when weighed up against the crazy money being thrown around for Lynch and McGovern

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Without a doubt if his name was Lynch, Darling, Riewoldt ect ATM he would be worth 1M if he can average 3 goals a game for the year.

Well done Tommy, you did the right thing mate!!!

Can't wait to watch you win a B & F, cop a handful of AA jumpers and get them PREMIERSHIP medals!!!

I never doubted you MacDonald!! WHOOO HOOOO!!! GO DEES!!!
This post will do me too...

Well done Tommy, you did the right thing mate!!!

Can't wait to watch you win a B & F, cop a handful of AA jumpers and get them PREMIERSHIP medals!!!

I never doubted you MacDonald!! WHOOO HOOOO!!! GO DEES!!!

Omac needs to develop his game for us to climb the table. He's a decent stopper but to be next level he needs to best his opponents not just stop them. At the moment he is more Astbury than Rance.
In the AFL pre the mid 2000s spoiling was a win, but now with forward pressure and the way sides want forward stoppages you need to mark on every opportunity.

As an aside I'm fine with the 2 50s he gave away, not sure wtf he is supposed to do. If he avoids contact the bloke plays on and Omac looks like an idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Omac needs to develop his game for us to climb the table. He's a decent stopper but to be next level he needs to best his opponents not just stop them. At the moment he is more Astbury than Rance.
In the AFL pre the mid 2000s spoiling was a win, but now with forward pressure and the way sides want forward stoppages you need to mark on every opportunity.

As an aside I'm fine with the 2 50s he gave away, not sure wtf he is supposed to do. If he avoids contact the bloke plays on and Omac looks like an idiot.
In the old days it was called making them earn it .

It will come with more development, I get nervous when he is up the ground with players behind him - gets caught easily at times.

But 100% agree if he pulls out of the first contact where he gave away 50, he would be hunted by the media.

Last night was game 50, if he was more Rance than Astbury at this point it would be incredible.

As for the 50's ... no real issue for me, the first one flat out wasn't a 50, minimal and unavoidable contact, and Marshal hadn't even taken the mark ... it should have been a free kick alone. The second was there, but there wasn't much he could do about it.

Last night was game 50, if he was more Rance than Astbury at this point it would be incredible.

As for the 50's ... no real issue for me, the first one flat out wasn't a 50, minimal and unavoidable contact, and Marshal hadn't even taken the mark ... it should have been a free kick alone. The second was there, but there wasn't much he could do about it.

That's not true. Lever, Doedee, Sicily etc are more Rance than Sicily.
It wasn't a slight on Astbury. Astbury is the stopper but it's Rance that intercepts and does the damage.

That's not true. Lever, Doedee, Sicily etc are more Rance than Sicily.
It wasn't a slight on Astbury. Astbury is the stopper but it's Rance that intercepts and does the damage.
And If lever was out there, he would be the one being more rance than astbury.

The second one wasn’t even a 50 imo sure in slow mo it looks like he has time but come on what the * was he meant to do?

They're different players ... Lever, Doedee and Sicily don't defend as well as OMac

Right and what I'm saying is pure stopper defence can be exploited in the modern game. It hurts the opposition much more to mark it and rebound rather than just punch it out for a stoppage. That's what the forwards are trying to do these days.

Right and what I'm saying is pure stopper defence can be exploited in the modern game. It hurts the opposition much more to mark it and rebound rather than just punch it out for a stoppage. That's what the forwards are trying to do these days.
Yeah I get that, I'm just saying that he's 50 games in, to expect him to be the complete defender is unrealistic and unfair ... the three players you mentioned aren't complete players either

Also you can't have a defence of all Alex Rances. He had a bad game last night I thought, but has been good all year and was exactly what we were crying out for. Getting torn a new one by big forwards kicking 6+ every week used to be common occurrence.

Yeah I get that, I'm just saying that he's 50 games in, to expect him to be the complete defender is unrealistic and unfair ... the three players you mentioned aren't complete players either

I didn't say he should be lol

Omac needs to develop his game for us to climb the table. He's a decent stopper but to be next level he needs to best his
opponents not just stop them.
In the AFL pre the mid 2000s spoiling was a win, but now with forward pressure and the way sides want forward stoppages you need to mark on every

You had blokes blowing his AA trumpet, for him to be considered in the games elite he has to do more than stop a bloke because it's not that hard to stop key forwards with the way the ball is delivered these days.

I'm fine with him just halving contests. Would be great if he could dominate an opponent and take 15 marks on him, but he's not Brian Lake or Matthew Scarlett. If he can reliably beat his man and spoil, then his teammates should know to get back for the crumb.

Also, he does take the odd mark over his opponent. He's a long way from being a Prestigiacomo type.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back