Universal Love McDonalds T & O - From the Penthouse to the Outhouse.

Sep 20, 2005
Hell
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Right and what I'm saying is pure stopper defence can be exploited in the modern game. It hurts the opposition much more to mark it and rebound rather than just punch it out for a stoppage. That's what the forwards are trying to do these days.
He's just getting the hang of being the fullback. He was a consistent 15-16 touches a game before this season playing more CHB. Has shown he can peel off a contest and intercept previously. I'll back him to get more comfortable and get more attacking. I stand by my view from the start he'll be a better defender than his bro.

Reckon he'll be able to go forward eventually too. Maybe give Hogan a stint at fullback. :)

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
He's just getting the hang of being the fullback. He was a consistent 15-16 touches a game before this season playing more CHB. Has shown he can peel off a contest and intercept previously. I'll back him to get more comfortable and get more attacking. I stand by my view from the start he'll be a better defender than his bro.

Reckon he'll be able to go forward eventually too. Maybe give Hogan a stint at fullback. :)

Until I'm finished up I'll maintain in another world Hogan would have made a superstar CHB. Reads the ball brilliantly in the air and likes to run and jump at it. Plus his ball use would be devastating from defence.

I'm fine with Omacs development, already better than I thought he would be this year. Without Lever though we need him to develop even faster to be a threat because our defence isn't good enough. Smith is raw as * and didn't really impact anything as an extra. Him not developing at a crazy rate will be no slight against him mind you.

CTHORANGE

Premiership Player
May 7, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Smith was really good at the stuff that athletes are good at. Ball in hand wasn't so good. Not in Lever's weight class.

I don't think he has quite figured out what he is meant to do with the ball yet (game plan wise), maybe that will come good soon, but the jury is still out

Fork n Hell

Premiership Player
Mar 7, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
Omac would definitely benefit from having another genuine tall defender in the side. he's the least of our worries really. holding down a key position at 22 years of age and doing a good job of it.

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Poor last night?

K.

Wasn't his best night, it happens.
OMAC is criminally underrated. He's going to be a monster, just turned 22 and is filling out nicely, and at 197cm is a good size

Is he? He's played like 10-15 good games in his career. Rated exactly how he deserves at this stage.

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
By his standards, yes
I think our supporter base on whole, really overlook a lot. So often we judge players on what they "could" be, or "going to be". Use petracca as an example.

Take the 50m penalties away, (the 50 and the 70) and he keeps dixon to bugger all. Westhoff gets away from him at times, but just because omac was the only 6 foot or over defender doesn't mean he was defender of all their 6 foot and over forwards. I'm not saying you lads, but in general, the amount of crap this kid still gets from some of our supporters is ridiculous. 50 games in, I look forward to the next 150, he will go down as o ne of our best defenders when he finishes up.

I think our supporter base on whole, really overlook a lot. So often we judge players on what they "could" be, or "going to be". Use petracca as an example.

Take the 50m penalties away, (the 50 and the 70) and he keeps dixon to bugger all. Westhoff gets away from him at times, but just because omac was the only 6 foot or over defender doesn't mean he was defender of all their 6 foot and over forwards. I'm not saying you lads, but in general, the amount of crap this kid still gets from some of our supporters is ridiculous. 50 games in, I look forward to the next 150, he will go down as o ne of our best defenders when he finishes up.
During the game i was going to lay into him for not being near Dixon on the goal line when he took that mark. But then i remembered he took Ryder on the handoff, and our next tallest defender Joel Smith was nowhere to be seen.

Omac is good, but like any defender. he can't do it all himself. When you got two tall's and a rotating ruck coming through it's pretty hard, especially when one of your teammates goes missing.

Also not having a go at Joel, he can do some nice things. But he still has a lot to learn

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
During the game i was going to lay into him for not being near Dixon on the goal line when he took that mark. But then i remembered he took Ryder on the handoff, and our next tallest defender Joel Smith was nowhere to be seen.

Omac is good, but like any defender. he can't do it all himself. When you got two tall's and a rotating ruck coming through it's pretty hard, especially when one of your teammates goes missing.

Also not having a go at Joel, he can do some nice things. But he still has a lot to learn
Yeah, it's just crazy that we dont have another taller defender. I like what Vince and hibberd offer playing taller, but then we lose their attacking drive. Robbing Peter to pay Paul. Smith may or may not ease into the role well, but he is still undersized in comparison to ryder/westhoff etc.

Anyway, I'm still annoyed at that loss last night. Cant fault the effort of most players, but.

I’ve easily been Oscar’s biggest cheerleader on here but I’ll still call his down nights when I see them. Has a lot of improvement left in him. Definitely deserves less flak than Trac though

Topkent

Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
I’ve easily been Oscar’s biggest cheerleader on here but I’ll still call his down nights when I see them. Has a lot of improvement left in him. Definitely deserves less flak than Trac though
By a shitload. Omac doesn't have half the natural talent or strength of of Trac.

By a shitload. Omac doesn't have half the natural talent or strength of of Trac.
Yep. He’s just making the most of what he’s got, and doing a damn good job. Has about half the ability of someone like Harris Andrews but isn’t as far off on output as he should be

saj_21

Cancelled
Melbourne Board Tipping Champion
Aug 30, 2007
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Warney's IPL team!
If Omac continues developing for the next 12 months like he has for the last 12 months he will become a more offensive weapon in the backline.

Sylvia Saint

Cancelled
May 20, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Crusaders
I'm still a bit meh on Oscar. Definitely AFL standard and tracking pretty well but he's got a long way to go.

Tom on the other hand, has just clocked up his 40th goal of the season despite missing the first five games. Pretty clear he's not just a Colin Garland against Essendon flash in the pan down there.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Back