Universal Love McDonalds T & O - From the Penthouse to the Outhouse.

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom. Forward or back?

I want to see him forward. He has looked really, really good there at times this year. If he had a preseason training with the forwards, learning running patterns and all that, he could be a weapon next year alongside Hogan.

Having said that, some of his work down back on Sunday was fantastic and reminder me of his AA year. I guess it will depend a lot on whether we can get Lever or another key back this year.

Tom. Forward or back?

I want to see him forward. He has looked really, really good there at times this year. If he had a preseason training with the forwards, learning running patterns and all that, he could be a weapon next year alongside Hogan.

Having said that, some of his work down back on Sunday was fantastic and reminder me of his AA year. I guess it will depend a lot on whether we can get Lever or another key back this year.

Tmac was never AA mate?
I feel confident with him as a defender but he still did his typical crap kicks. TBH I think he's a better forward.

I agree, he'd kick 40-50 if he played forward for a full season. I actually think we've solved the forward/ruck issue with TMac, as bizarre as that would have sounded 6 months ago.

Completely agree. He's good for 2 a week and holds his own around the ground. Also straightens us up better than Hoges at the moment

TMac really seems to struggle kicking on angles in open play. If he's running in a straight line to the target he seems fine, but when he has to change direction or suddenly chip short he seems to stuff it up. His set shot is far more reliable than his field kicking. For his size he is also good at applying forward pressure. I'd switch him based on the opposition.

TMac really seems to struggle kicking on angles in open play. If he's running in a straight line to the target he seems fine, but when he has to change direction or suddenly chip short he seems to stuff it up. His set shot is far more reliable than his field kicking. For his size he is also good at applying forward pressure. I'd switch him based on the opposition.

And we see why :D

The problem is that you'd love a swingman to be say your 2nd best forward and defender, much like an Adam Hunter back in the day for West Coast. Right now TMac is significantly our best in either role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if Lever is definitely on his way in (surely he must be having second thoughts). Then we should be looking to trade Tmac, his value will never be higher than it is now - and its clear he's already copped enough beltings in his career that he will continue to make unforgivable mistakes. every player that has played 50-150 games needs to be assessed on whether they can take us to the top 4. I don't think Tom can.

I feel like we need more picks and manipulation than 2000s Carlton to get back into shape!

If Weideman doesn't come on then we need TMac on our list to play as the second key forward. If Weideman fails and we traded TMac, we would have no second key forward option... and they don't grow on trees.

We can survive a couple of Oscar brain farts each game but can't survive both of them playing down there.

Trading Tom.....what the?

130 game KPDs don't grow on trees, particularly those that can swing forward to kick 5

As much as TMac was s**t against the Pies I'm more willing to forgive him after a very good year in which he carried our forwardline in multiple games.

He's a very good forward. I don't know why we moved away from it.

if Lever is definitely on his way in (surely he must be having second thoughts). Then we should be looking to trade Tmac, his value will never be higher than it is now - and its clear he's already copped enough beltings in his career that he will continue to make unforgivable mistakes. every player that has played 50-150 games needs to be assessed on whether they can take us to the top 4. I don't think Tom can.
Don't agree. With frost seemingly on the outer, we once again would have no KPD depth.

Plus, The Experiment seemed to prove pretty clearly that tmac is a better forward than defender. Pedo won't be around much longer and I would be all for reshaping tmac into the forward/relief ruck role that everyone is/was so keen for.

He's a very good forward. I don't know why we moved away from it.
Yep, we should be trying to retain frost, move tmac forward, get lever and then play lever, frost and omac down back. Hogan and watts forward, even with pedo for a year if need be. Then pedo will retire.

Really impressed with OMacs season. I've been on him since day one. Always thought he'd turn out better than his brother, and he's heading that way IMO.

As for TMac, that turnover in the final game will forever be etched in my mind. Should only play in the back half again if we have injuries. Turn him into our forward/ruck. Train him in the off season in ruck work and leave him as our FF. He's already got the tank to go with every ruck in the comp. Just needs to work on his ruck skills. But he's proved to be a better forward than Backman this season.

Ideally T Mac plays up forward rather than down back. Has been a real find in the forward line for us and is a bloody good set shot for goal too. Going to be a really important player for us in the coming years, his versatility is a weapon.

Agreed. So if we play him and Hogan forward, can Weid play in that same forwardline? I don't think so.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back